Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Featured Stories for May

Author of the Month, Story of the Month, and other features.

Featured Stories for May

Postby crazydominodragongirl » April 1st, 2012, 2:57 pm

The theme is ~*~*MOD APPRECIATION MONTH*~*~ sparkle sparkle desu desu! Important notes for this month are highlighted in red!

RULES:
- You cannot nominate your own story for featured.
- Only nominate one story.
- If an author has written something that has already been nominated for this coming month, please don't nominate one of their stories again. If a story has already been nominated for this month, nominating it again won't do any good and will only prove you haven't read the rules.
- If a story has already been a featured story in the past, do not nominate it again.
- If you nominate, please make sure to include the author's name, and the category/link to the story itself will save us trouble later~

AND THEN...?:
- Nominations will be open all month. At the end of the month, all mods with nominated stories will fight to the death. The only one left standing will have their story featured.
-There will be no more than one featured story from a given category every month. For example, if the first story drawn from the virtual unhatlike hat is a Naruto fanfiction, all other nominated Naruto stories are removed from the remaining pool of entries. "Original" counts as one category.
-The above holds unless there are fewer than four qualifying stories after fandom is taken into account. In that case, more than one original fiction story may be featured until there are at least four stories. Depending on the number and variety of submissions, other fandoms may be considered for having more than one featured story. (See: September 2011, in which six qualifying stories total were nominated and all featured, three of which were original fiction and three of which were Hetalia; in this case, having only two featured stories, or three OF and one Hetalia featured, is a bit silly in either case.)

Nominations/questions/comments/etc. go here~
Icon usually made by me. crazydominodragongirl = DG. Just call me that; it's shorter and easier to type. Don't wait for permission or anything.

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Re: Featured Stories for May

Postby crazydominodragongirl » April 1st, 2012, 3:17 pm

i've been waiting for this for so long!!!! (^o^)ノ

HAI. THERE ARE SEVERAL THINGS I WANNA NOMINATE. Um, let's start with~

constant sugar high by Mao! It was one of the first fics I read that has Yukimura and it's soooooo funny! btw its Prince of Tennis

Um, um, I also like KSs The War and I know it's been featured before but its so good ^_______^

Can I nominate one of my own? but I dunno which one so I put it into a random number generator :DDDDD so it turned out to be bitterness which is a pot story too!

and I really really like wanderer's kitchen sink so I wanna nominate it again /o/ and um how about shay's but the scars of love run deep so it can be featured for two months in a row? Except I really like Yukimura too uwaaaaaaaaah

and I might wanna come up with more later but i just remmebered that I wanna nominate Mao's Stille Nact again because I love it that much *o*
Icon usually made by me. crazydominodragongirl = DG. Just call me that; it's shorter and easier to type. Don't wait for permission or anything.

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Postby Sharp Shiny Pickle » April 1st, 2012, 3:27 pm

I'd like to nominate a story I wrote called The Super Ultra Fabulous Dazzlefireshi Love Chronicles!!!! ^-^ I just started it, but it's really good, I promise!!!!

Here's the link to it five times for emphasis!!!!!!

http://lunaescence.com/fics/viewstory.php?sid=29836
"To me, boxing is like a ballet, expect there is no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other." - Jack Handey
Sharp Shiny Pickle

Postby Sharp Shiny Pickle » April 1st, 2012, 3:28 pm

I also want to second my nomination~~~!!!
"To me, boxing is like a ballet, expect there is no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other." - Jack Handey
Sharp Shiny Pickle

Postby silver_neko_kitsune » April 1st, 2012, 5:23 pm

hihihi

i wanna nominate ummm my story constant sugar high too!!

and uh i wanna nomainte breaking the fourth wall too. i no it wuz featured last month but i really want it to be featured again ^__^

um actually can i just nominate all my PoT stories...
silver_neko_kitsune

Postby Kitsuchan » April 1st, 2012, 10:57 pm

Hey. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I thought the whole point of having a featured section was to show our appreciation of other authors, not point out our own works....
Kitsuchan

Postby crazydominodragongirl » April 1st, 2012, 11:31 pm

I WANT TO THIRD THE NOMINATION FOR SSP'S STORY /o/

and um who else havent I nominated. borderline_mary's Changing Death for epic and shadowsirenv's fraulein and Kay's So Ordinary!!!! :D that's everyone right?

CAN I NOMINATE MYSELF AGIAN :OOOO I REALLY WANNA NAMINATE WINNING THE WAR

@Kitsuchan: check the rules over again and the date

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Postby Hikari_no_Kage » April 2nd, 2012, 12:40 am

I WILL FOURTH THE NOMINATION FOR SSP-SAN'S STORY. /o/

umumumumum... I can't think of anything off the top of my head atm so I just want to nominate every story each mod has ever written!!! Ever!

--I will have specifics soon!

<3

...all the PoT~~~
Hikari_no_Kage

Postby borderline_mary » April 2nd, 2012, 6:19 am

OMG IM NOMINATED

I also have this srsly awesome poetry collection, can I nominate each poem seperately?
borderline_mary

Postby Celestial Sakura » April 2nd, 2012, 12:31 pm

I know this has nothing to do with the nomination but oh god the silliness, you mods are ridiculously silly. *shifty eyes* What's Kay doing, not joining the fun?

Also, You guys have too many awesome stories. Can I just do Mod Appreciation and be done? Okay? Okay. I'm done. /shot
Celestial Sakura

Postby crazydominodragongirl » April 2nd, 2012, 1:30 pm

I have no idea what you're talking about! Being a mod is serious business! While I'm here, can I nominate my submission to trollround fictrade too? :D :D :D

btw, guys, happy April Fool's. I'll get around to posting the actual theme and new rules later today. thanks for humoring us. :'D

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Postby Hikari_no_Kage » April 2nd, 2012, 4:05 pm

I agree! Celestial Sakura-san, we are the most serious. Seriously. In any case, DG, I really think you should! It would be like double the troll! Somehow. If you don't, I will!!!
Hikari_no_Kage

Postby crazydominodragongirl » April 2nd, 2012, 11:55 pm

WHOOOOO LOOK HOW SERIOUS THE MODS CAN BE--

Real theme is animals. Real changes to the rules are below. There's just one thing of note. We are aware, and have always been aware, that it's fairly easy to cheat, especially as far as featured stories go. We've left it the way it is for so long because Luna operates under something of an honor code system. However, we're being a bit more strict on this point because breaking the rules for attention is Not Cool. Seriously, guys, if someone nominates you for featured, that means they appreciate your story enough to do so. Going out of your way to make a fake account and nominate yourself because you want more people to read your story is just pathetic.

RULES:
- You cannot nominate your own story for featured. If you make a sock puppet account to nominate yourself, we will know. We'll be checking. If you are caught nominating your own stories, you will be permanently banned from nominating stories or having your own stories nominated. For this reason, if you nominate, you're required to have an on-site account -- not necessarily with the same username, but please make it clear who you are if the name is different.
- Only nominate one story.
- If an author has written something that has already been nominated for this coming month, please don't nominate one of their stories again. If a story has already been nominated for this month, nominating it again won't do any good and will only prove you haven't read the rules.
- If a story has already been a featured story in the past, do not nominate it again.
- If you nominate, please make sure to include the author's name, and the category/link to the story itself will save us trouble later~

AND THEN...?:
- Nominations will be open all month. At the end of the month, six submissions will be drawn out of a virtual unhatlike hat and those will be the featured stories.
-There will be no more than one featured story from a given category every month. For example, if the first story drawn from the virtual unhatlike hat is a Naruto fanfiction, all other nominated Naruto stories are removed from the remaining pool of entries. "Original" counts as one category.
-The above holds unless there are fewer than four qualifying stories after fandom is taken into account. In that case, more than one original fiction story may be featured until there are at least four stories. Depending on the number and variety of submissions, other fandoms may be considered for having more than one featured story. (See: September 2011, in which six qualifying stories total were nominated and all featured, three of which were original fiction and three of which were Hetalia; in this case, having only two featured stories, or three OF and one Hetalia featured, is a bit silly in either case.)

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Postby Wolkentänzer » April 3rd, 2012, 4:16 am

Really good joke, Mods. ^_^ I am really new to this side but like that you are not too serious. I can see your human... ~(°_°)~

I would like to nominate His Enchanted Canary (13+) from WoHoYo. The fandom is Katekyo Hitman Reborn. It is a sweet story and we have birds in there. (:
Wolkentänzer

Postby borderline_mary » April 3rd, 2012, 9:03 am

It still says we'll fight to the death... XD
borderline_mary

Next

Return to Nominations