Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Game Plan

Game Plan

Postby Penguiduck » March 12th, 2014, 10:36 pm

Hello, lovelies!

I recently finished my WWYFF, "Jaharaan Love," and now I'm working toward finishing up other stories that I've started.

I have a game plan.

For both "Athanasia" and "HR for the Heart," I have brief sketches of what I have planned to the end. "Athanasia" has a single chapter left, while "HR for the Heart" probably has about ten or so. I anticipate finishing both in the near future, and since "Athanasia" only has one chapter, I'll be getting to that quite soon so get that off my plate.

"Shattered Symphony" is also something that I'm looking forward to completing, but since that will have fifteen, sixteen chapters, I'm still far from reaching that finish line. :'D

"Dalanten Hope," which is "Jaharaan Love'"s partner series, will probably be put up as soon as "Athanasia" is done.

"Can't Have Your Cake And Eat It Too" is something that I've always wanted to finish, and I'll likely remove it from its hiatus as soon as "HR for the Heart" is off my plate. It'll be short, probably only about ten chapters long. I think I work really well with limits.

I'm also considering bringing "A Digimon Tale" back because Matt will always be my childhood crush forever.

Eventually, I think I want to get to a place where I'm no longer writing fanfiction (except maybe for one-shots here and there) so I can focus on my personal projects and original WWYFFs.

Any thoughts, comments, or questions are welcome! Please let me know what you all think. :)
Penguiduck

Re: Game Plan

Postby Deuxcis » March 17th, 2014, 9:50 pm

Hello, Penguiduck! =D

It's good to know that you have a game plan. Now that "Jaharaan Love" is finally complete, you can focus your energies on your shorter series. I haven't read the last few updates yet, but I will definitely be getting to them within the next few days. Strange, did I put it off because of school or not wanting to accept the fact that there will be no more JL chapters? The former is at least partly true...

I've missed "HR for the Heart" and "Shattered Symphony". I'll be glad to see their return.

The only reason I haven't started "Can't Have Your Cake And Eat It Too" is because it's incomplete. To hear that you'll be removing it from its hiatus gives me an incentive to pick it up...but not now. xD When "HR for the Heart" is finished, probably. And I will love you forever if you follow through with reviving "A Digimon Tale". Matt -- and Seto Kaiba for that matter -- are bishies that still have a place in my heart, somehow. Childhood dreams. xD I was very excited when I read that line: "YES YES YES." Of course, no pressure.

How long do you think it will take you to check all these things off your list, so that you will be able to move on to original works?

By the way, I completely neglected to respond to your Be My Princess thread...from last year. u_u; (Because I didn't realize there was a second page, whoops.) So, sorry about that. ^^; I might pick Keith's sequel back up one of these days.
Deuxcis

Postby Penguiduck » April 5th, 2014, 6:18 pm

Ahaha, I wasn't expecting anyone to respond to this thread, so I haven't checked back on it until now. :'D Sorry for the belated reply.

But anyway! To answer your question, I don't know! I've been pretty good about updating "HR for the Heart" even while working full time, so it should be done by the middle/end of April! My boyfriend is visiting this upcoming weekend, so I probably won't update then, but the week after, I'll have plenty of time (again, until the weekend, since I'll be visiting my family then. :'D).

Right now, I'm deciding between "Can't Have Your Cake And Eat It Too" and "A Digimon Tale," which I may rename because its current title is kind of stupid. xD I'm currently rewatching the second season of Digimon, which gives me a bit of muse for that series, but I still would like to finish Kaiba's fic, too. I JUST CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND. I AM SO INDECISIVE. Maybe I'll end up putting it up to a vote.

As for finishing either one of the above, I really can't say how long. ^_^;; "HR for the Heart" is the only thing that I'm focused on right now, so I'll just finish that and see what happens afterward. My boyfriend is moving in with me in May, so my time may be limited after that because I'll have other things to do other than just sit at my computer and write all night. Haha. xD That's probably why I'm so eager to get as much done as possible between now and then.

And no worries. BMP isn't that important. /hypocrite
Penguiduck

Postby Deuxcis » April 8th, 2014, 2:47 pm

That's okay. You did say comments, suggestions, and questions would be welcomed, so...xD I took your words to heart. Should I not have? :o

That's true. Your titles can get much better than "A Digimon Tale". xD I'm guessing you wrote it when you were a lot younger? Rewatching the second season? I did that as well last year! Other people have Netflix; I have anime...hah. Anyway, it gave me some ideas for my own fic, so I can see how muse would have come to you.

If you're deciding between Kaiba and Matt, does that mean you won't do both, or are you pondering which one you should finish first? I'd like to see both of them happen, but I'll be happy if even one makes the cut. =D

So I can't depend on these super-frequent updates when May comes? D: Haha, I'm just kidding. Write at your own pace, and when you can and want to. That suits me fine, too. (Gaah, so many delightful goodies to read~!)

Wait, but, you recently updated "Shattered Symphony", so, um. ._. Obviously it's somewhat important. Is that what you meant by "hypocrite"?
Deuxcis

Postby Penguiduck » April 8th, 2014, 9:10 pm

No, no, you're fine. I just honestly wasn't expecting anyone to reply because people usually don't. :P

Yep, the second season!

I dunno -- anything's a possibility right now. I'll probably finish both just because I hate leaving projects unfinished, but Iunno. I just wanna know which one I should go for first. :3

Ahaha, we'll see. :'D It's hard to write when you're distracted. IT'S EASIER WHEN YOU LIVE ALONE AND HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO AND ARE OKAY WITH LIVING LIKE A SLOB. xD

Well, I was referring to myself as a hypocrite because I obviously started a wholes series for BMP -- it can't be unimportant to me, right? :P But the updating just kind of happened. I got a random spurt of muse because Wilfred is the best. xD
Penguiduck

Postby Deuxcis » April 9th, 2014, 12:04 am

Well, I guess I'm the exception, then. xD

Ah. In that case, I think you should focus on "Can't Have Your Cake And Eat It Too", but keep track of the ideas that come up as you're watching Digimon. Did you decide to rewatch the second season on a whim or specifically for the purpose of finding muse?

Oh, I see. That's going to change with your boyfriend around. ;)

Right. I wish I could get to it tonight, but I'm not going to be able to. Homework. Dx What about Dalanten Hope's update? Have you been working on that for a while, or did inspiration strike suddenly as it apparently did for SS?
Deuxcis

Return to Penguiduck