With Sally's new announcement and Luna's growing need for donations, I think I'll be taking some initiative into my own hands. I'll personally be donating when I can, but I'd like to encourage my readers to donate as well. I don't want any of you to feel like I'm pressuring you to donate, per se, but it would certainly be an act of kindness if you are financially able because we all have been (for many years) and will be using this site for our personal enjoyment. The least we can do is help Sally limit these out-of-pocket costs -- for $130 per month, that's a hefty price to pay!
So I'd like to announce that I'll be starting up raffles periodically, particularly when the need for donations is apparent. They will work very similarly to what I have set up in this thread, but since I have kind of put that monthly practice on hiatus, I'll be doing raffles for donations now. I think Luna needs donations now more than ever.
So how does the raffle work?
I will put up a thread in this forum to announce the raffle and the dates between which you need to donate. For every $5 that you donate to Lunaescence (and we're going to work off of the merit system here), you will receive one virtual raffle ticket.
This means that if you donate $15, you will receive three tickets; if you donate $10, you will receive two tickets.
You can only receive whole tickets. This means that if you donate $7, you'll still only receive one ticket; if you donate $14, you'll only receive two tickets.
I am not accounting for PayPal transaction fees (which do exist). So if you donate $10, and Sally only gets $9.41 in the end, I'll take that original $10 into consideration. I won't punish you for PayPal's silly fees.
1. This incentive was created mostly for my own readers, but if you find this note (even if you don't read my works), you are welcome to join the raffle.
2. For each raffle, you MUST have made a donation within the time period that I have listed. That time period will be in the title and listed at the very top.
3. In order to get a ticket, you need to inform me that you have donated, and you must do so BEFORE the end of the time period. I am working on the honors system here; I will say right now that I do not plan on checking to see whether or not you have actually donated, so please be honest.
Please inform me in this thread, using this form:
- Code: Select all
Alternatively, if you would rather remain as an anonymous donator to the public, you can also PM me this form. That is perfectly fine as well.
4. Winners are selected at random. I will be using an electronic die for this. If you are selected as a winner, I will contact you using the email that you provide me, and we'll work out the details of your prize.
5. If you do not respond to the email within seven days, I will inform you and pick another winner. You are not allowed to whine to me if you do not check your email within those seven days; that is not my fault, and I'm giving you this warning right now.
If you are selected as the winner for the raffle, you are allowed to choose between one of two prizes:
1) You can request a one-shot. This one-shot can be from any fandom that I am familiar with (and any pairing!), and it will be any length that I deem appropriate (At least 1,000 words for your trouble, but since I'm wordy, very possibly more). Original one-shots may also be requested.
2) You can request that I update one of my series. If this is what you so choose, I will work on the next chapter of any story religiously until I finish it.
A List of Fandoms!
Here is a brief list of anime, books, games and movies that I am familiar with, and will be willing to write for. I'm not listing everything, so feel free to send me a message with a particular media in mind.
Of course, any of my original characters from my WWYFFs are also up for grabs. Original ideas, I would LOVE to work with.
Also, if you are the winner, you may also request that I update a specific story that I am currently working on. As a note, stories that are discontinued or on hiatus are off limits.
Avatar: The Last Airbender
Be My Princess
Chronicles of Narnia
Digimon (1st and 2nd seasons)
Disney (Almost everything)
Ender's Game (Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, Shadow of the Hegemon)
Fire Emblem (Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Shadow Dragon)
Harvest Moon (A Wonderful Life, Friends of Mineral Town, Magical Melody, Tree of Tranquility)
Howl's Moving Castle
The Legend of Zelda (I think the only game that I actually finished is OoT, but I know how it works.)
The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit
Ouran High School Host Club
Sonic the Hedgehog
Soul Calibur II
Super Smash Brothers
Tales of Symphonia
Yu Yu Hakusho