Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Readers, Reviews, and Rewards

Readers, Reviews, and Rewards

Postby Penguiduck » March 9th, 2013, 8:02 pm

I've been putting a lot of thought into this for a very long time.

I appreciate my readers, but I adore my reviewers. Up until now, I have not been able to think of a way, other than responding to reviews and updating, in which I can show my gratitude.

So I'm going to try something new.

I want to reward my reviewers, and perhaps even encourage those who don't review to leave some feedback.

The Monthly Raffle!

I'm going to try a raffle system.

Every month, from the 1st to the final day of that month, I will be doing a raffle. Anyone is welcome to participate. In order to rack up points, all you have to do is leave me reviews on any of my stories, whether the chapters be new or old. One review = one point.

I will keep track of these points in my personal excel sheet.

On the last day of every month, I will randomly select a winner.

The Prizes!

If you are selected as the winner for a month, you are allowed to choose between one of two prizes:

1) You can request a one-shot. This one-shot can be from any fandom that I am familiar with (and any pairing!), and it will be any length that I deem appropriate (I would say anywhere between 500-1000 words as a rough estimate).

2) You can request that I update one of my series. If this is what you so choose, I will work on the next chapter of any story religiously until I finish it.

Other Info!

You can win more than once. If your name is drawn more than once throughout the year, then that's perfectly okay. :)

I discourage review-spamming for the purpose of racking up points. I couldn't care less about the amount of reviews that I receive. I insist on quality over quantity. This raffle is being put into place because I want to thank those readers who are reviewing and supporting me regularly.

March 2013's raffle is active as of today, 3/9/13.

You must either leave the review logged in or with your username. Otherwise, I won't know how to contact you. When I do contact you, you have three days to reply with a response. If you do not reply within those three days, I will select someone else.

This is an experimental thing -- I reserve the right to cease these raffles at any time, with or without notice.

Any questions? Ask away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A List of Fandoms!

Since my monthly raffle is starting up, here is a brief list of animes, books, games and movies that I am familiar with, and will be willing to write for. I'm not listing everything, so feel free to send me a message with a particular media in mind.

Of course, any of my original characters from my WWYFFs are also up for grabs.. ^_^ Original ideas, I'm also willing to work with.

Also, if you are the winner, you may also request that I update a specific story that I am currently working on. As a note, stories that are discontinued or on hiatus are off limits.

The Avengers
Baccano!
Baten Kaitos
Be My Princess
BeyBlade
Chronicles of Narnia
Digimon (1st and 2nd seasons)
Disney (Almost everything)
Ender's Game (Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, Shadow of the Hegemon)
Eragon
Fire Emblem (Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Shadow Dragon)
Fruits Basket
Harry Potter
Harvest Moon (A Wonderful Life, Friends of Mineral Town, Magical Melody, Tree of Tranquility)
Howl's Moving Castle
InuYasha
The Legend of Zelda (I think the only game that I actually finished is OoT, but I know how it works.)
The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit
Ouran High School Host Club
Pokemon
Rurouni Kenshin
Saiunkoku
Sonic the Hedgehog
Soul Calibur II
Spirited Away
Super Smash Brothers
Tales of Symphonia
Wolf's Rain
Yu-Gi-Oh
Yu Yu Hakusho

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Past Winners!

March 2013 - Deuxcis - Only an Ocean: An AoshixMisao One-shot
April 2013 - Gia-chii - Shattered Symphony: Petty Feuds and Barbecues
May 2013 - Riks - Jaharaan Love: Part thirty-eight
Last edited by Penguiduck on September 23rd, 2013, 9:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Penguiduck

Re: Readers, Reviews, and Rewards

Postby Ayame » March 10th, 2013, 6:17 am

Wow, that's so nice of you! :D
I do have a question, though: you say you will randomly choose a winner, but will you choose among those who have the most points, or are those who only have one point eligible as well? If that's the case, I don't really see the point in racking up points through reviews...

I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out! Great idea, and thank you for doing that for your reviewers!
Ayame

Postby Penguiduck » March 10th, 2013, 1:19 pm

^_^ The points work like entries in any raffle. Anyone who writes at least one review has a chance at winning each month.

That means that if you wrote three reviews during the month, then you would have three points, and therefore three entries.

So, let's make up a totally arbitrary example. If you have three entries, and fifteen other people each have one, then there are a total of 18 entries in the raffle pool. However, while everyone else has only a 1/18 chance of having their name drawn, you have a 3/18, or 1/6, of a chance of winning that month. Thus, the more reviews you leave, the higher your odds of having your name drawn are. I hope that makes sense. :)
Last edited by Penguiduck on March 10th, 2013, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penguiduck

Postby Ayame » March 10th, 2013, 1:36 pm

That makes perfect sense! Thank you for explaining it! ^^
Ayame

Return to Penguiduck