Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Camp NaNoWriMo

Camp NaNoWriMo

Postby Penguiduck » May 31st, 2012, 8:51 pm

Camp NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow. x.x

I'm not entirely optimistic about reaching the 50,000 word goal because of how busy I am. Working 40+ hour weeks at a place that is an hour from your house is exhausting, but I will try. :) I figure it would be good for me.

Wish me luck. I've thought about posting my writing as I go, though I'm not sure if I want to. I think it'll keep me writing, but I dunno. Thoughts?
Penguiduck

Re: Camp NaNoWriMo

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » May 31st, 2012, 11:24 pm

Good Luck. For me, June camp just isn't an option because of my husband's extended detachment. If he was going to be home this month, I'd do it, but things are a bit off with him gone. We're also still processing moderator applications and have an overly huge queue. Maybe I'll get to do August...
I'm doing NaNoWriMo. I will start noticing things again when the little line fills up. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Penguiduck » June 1st, 2012, 7:32 pm

Aw, I understand. :( It's sad when you're loved ones aren't near. Hopefully August will work out for you!

I would have done August, but RA training starts for me then, and it pretty much sucks up 15 hours of your day...
Penguiduck

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » June 1st, 2012, 8:40 pm

That sounds...dull...especially if you've gone through it before. Kind of like how my husband describes the two 12-hour workdays in a row spent being reminded that sexual assault is a bad thing, that electricity and fire aren't toys, and that propeller blades can behead deer. This happens every so often, mostly after someone somewhere has done something stupid and tried to use an airplane to chop lettuce or something...
I'm doing NaNoWriMo. I will start noticing things again when the little line fills up. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Penguiduck » June 1st, 2012, 8:45 pm

Oh, yes. It's quite boring. Fortunately, while still a little dry, this past year they've started two different sorts of sessions -- one for returning RAs and one for new RAs. It's much, much better to not have to sit through sustainability training and basic social justice training, or how to deal with alcohol, drugs, weapons, etc. training.

Your poor husband. Going through reminders because of someone else's stupidity? That sucks. Like how I once read "Do not put hamster in microwave" on an instruction manual because apparently someone had done that and sued the company for their hamster dying.
Penguiduck

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » June 1st, 2012, 9:24 pm

I think some of the stupidest warning labels come on farm implements and toilet cleaning brushes: Do not use orally.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Penguiduck » June 1st, 2012, 11:30 pm

Haha! To think that there's a reason to add those to warning labels...
Penguiduck

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » June 2nd, 2012, 9:02 am

About the only type of mouth I'd consider brushing with something that big would belong to a Clydesdale...and obviously I'd use a new one...come to think of it, that could be useful for a story...

Also...since everyone doing WriMos needs funny music... Busking
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Penguiduck » June 6th, 2012, 2:48 pm

lol! XD I usually write with no music (or classical), but I'll check it out.
Penguiduck

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » June 6th, 2012, 3:49 pm

I usually write with instrumental music (classical, folk...soundtracks from movies or games...), but we all need breaks. I was on a break from editing when I posted that.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Return to Penguiduck