Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Happy 2012!

Happy 2012!

Postby Penguiduck » January 19th, 2012, 10:49 am

HELLO, LUNA-USERS! I've missed you all. ;_;

Since you haven't heard from me in forever for a variety of reasons, here's an update:

It has been kind of an interesting school year.

I got into business school. :) I guess that's pretty exciting, right? I didn't do as well my first semester as I wanted to -- I mean, I got As and Bs, but that's not always good. D: I'll do better this semester, though -- I'm sure of it. I think the first semester is the weed-out semester anyway. I had five classes and a team project in each of them, and I hate team projects. ;_; They make me writhe with despair because I usually end up doing most of the work.

My boyfriend and I are getting along great. <3 It was officially our one year anniversary on Halloween, though most people think we started dating in May (prohibited relationship and all :P). He's an RA this year too, so we've practically been living together over at his place (but don't tell my supervisor that). He admits that he's a slob, which is kind of true, but I'm okay with that. I just have to clean up after him every once in a while and teach him how to cook.

My residents this year are pretty awesome. Moreso than last year, anyway. My hall theme was My Little Pony last semester and they LOVED it. I think I got at least half of them hooked on the show. I chose to do Pokemon this semester, and the door decs came out quite nicely. ^^ Pictures to come.

My staff is meh this year. I don't particularly dislike any of them, but they haven't grown on me. There are 23 of them total, more than the 9 I had last year. I LOVE my direct supervisor, but I'm not too close to the rest of them. Smeh. I guess you can't have everything, mm? At least the building is brand spank'n new and beautiful. XD

I picked up roleplaying again.

I'm half way done with the next chapter of JL and VVV.

That's it.

:3 And how are my lovely readers doing?
Penguiduck

Re: Happy 2012!

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » January 19th, 2012, 3:49 pm

I completely had to teach my husband to cook too. If we weren't 500 miles apart at the time, I'd've done it for him, but it's a bit hard to make a 12-hour trip each way to make someone dinner. It's also helpful when, like right now, he's detached from this base and is visiting other squadrons, since he's outgrown ramen, hot pockets, spaghetti o's, and constantly eating fast food, unlike most of his shipmates.
I'm doing NaNoWriMo. I will start noticing things again when the little line fills up. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Ibara » January 21st, 2012, 2:50 pm

It's been... meh. Many personal family issues, but since everyone is still alive and doing well so far, I can't complain!

Though Mom and I have been feeding a couple stray cats in the area. One kept bugging us to come inside, so we opened the door to the basement and he ran right on in. Since I work at a cat shelter, I'm going to be bringing him to work with me tomorrow and see if I can't get him adopted. If he turns out to be FeLV or FIV positive, though, I'm bringing him home with me again since the other option is to allow the shelter to euthanize him though he'd be perfectly healthy aside from the FeLV/FIV. :( Thanks for asking!

Congratulations on your one year anniversary! How did you meet your boyfriend?

I also enjoy some roleplaying. So if you're ever in the need of looking for somebody to roleplay with you, feel free to send me a message here on the boards and I'm sure we can work something out!

SO looking forward to the next JL chapter!!! You write amazingly well, and I enjoy the amount of work and imagination you put into your fanfictions/original works.
I am also known as LadyNW8ing on Lunaescence.com
Ibara

Postby Penguiduck » January 23rd, 2012, 12:35 am

Did your husband learn quickly, Kerrigan? XD 'cause I'm starting to think that my boyfriend's hopeless.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about the family issues, Ibara. :( I suppose we all have them though, and we just have to remain positive.

Kitties! <3 I hope everything is okay with your new kitty -- if he's adopted, then he'll have a home. And if not, you can adopt him, and I'm sure you'll spoil him and he'll be a happy kitty till the end of his days. ^_^

He was my resident last year. I was his RA, and such relationships are prohibited since I obviously had administrative power over him. But he's no longer my resident soooooo it's a green light. XD And thank you!

:O What sort of roleplaying do you do? Recently, I've been playing with wolves on a site called Torva, but I've done some other canon and fantasy roleplays too.

<3 Aw, thank you! If you're interested, yesterday I submitted a Gavien one-shot called Sneaky, Sneaky. :)
Penguiduck

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » January 23rd, 2012, 2:28 am

My husband learned what he needed to - omlettes, chicken, grilled cheese, macaroni and cheese, spaghetti...he taught himself hamburgers because I don't eat them and wouldn't know when they're done.
I'm doing NaNoWriMo. I will start noticing things again when the little line fills up. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Return to Penguiduck