Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

07.02.10 Update

07.02.10 Update

Postby Penguiduck » July 2nd, 2010, 9:37 pm

Someone messaged me the other day, saying that she didn't know anything about me as a person. I thought about it. She's probably right. Other than to those of you who actually take the time to talk to me, I must seem very unapproachable. This is likely due to how I don't say much about my personal life. :P

So let's start with an introduction.

My name is Penguiduck. It was a nickname given to me by a friend, because I called him a "Silly Goose", and he couldn't decide whether I was more like a duck or a penguin. Thus, he combined the two: Penguiduck. You are welcome to shorten it into whatever you wish or even give me a new name entirely. Common variations are: Pengui, Penny, Pengu or Ducky.

I am 20 years old right now, a junior in college. I am pursuing a business degree with several minors (hopefully). I have lived in the dorms for two years (-heart-), and will be a resident assistant (RA) this coming year at that same dorm.

I make friends rather easily, and am quick to trust others; some of my closer friends describe me as oblivious and naive. I generally like people, even if there are those who I'm not too fond of. I really can't say that I hate anyone though, because I feel like everyone deserves a chance, regardless of how unamiable he or she may be.

Ironically, I am stubborn and indecisive at the same time.

I am both quite introverted and extroverted. When I am with close friends, I am happy. When I am left alone with my arts, I am also happy. I do think that some social functions are overrated, such as texting, partying, and shopping. Not a huge fan of any of the above.

Writing is almost my life. I kind of want to try publishing at some point, but I don't think my writing is good enough to go on paper just yet. When I finally do publish, however, it will probably be done under a penname. I don't want people I don't know meddling in my personal life. :P Until then, I write for myself and for my readers.

Music and art are also full of win. I play both the violin and viola, and I love classical music, though I like more modern stuff too (mostly meaningful music with deep lyrics and beautiful voices). In fact, for the past two and a half years, I've been a violin/viola coach for a youth orchestra. I am an avid artist with no formal training. I draw what I want-- most of it is concept art for my writing. In fact, I've also composed music for my writing as well, as cheesy as that sounds.

I can be rather silly. I talk to myself and sing in the shower. I make wishes on shooting stars and can spend the entire day baking treats for my friends. I'm a whimsical animal-lover, who enjoys puzzles regardless of what form they come in. I sleep like a log, though I don't sleep very much-- not during the school year anyway. I've also been described as a "random noise machine" who squeaks when poked.

I like guys, though I've been described as one, since I tend to get along with them more than girls. I think I have a crush on someone, but it's hard to tell with me. He may be one of those platonic crushes. He's adorable. That's all I can say. XD

Aaaaaaand, that's it. Unless you want to know more, I'm done talking about myself. Feel free to ask questions. I don't mind answering.

Now, for the official UPDATE.

I am back from vacation. It was mostly for family business, so I can't really call it a vacation, but I will anyway. I've written a lot while I was away, so I'll begin posting after I proofread all of the new chapters. As you can see, I've already posted the second part of Howl's Two-shot, Floating Castle, and chapter three of A Digimon Tale. Hope you enjoy!

I have written chapters for Vampires, Villains and Violins, Brains, Brawns and... Love?, Meaning of Devotion, a Fire Emblem One-shot and about half of the next JL update. :D Just be patient and all of this should be out soon! Thanks for waiting.

Just for your information, I am also considering a... beta reader? An editor? Sort of? Really, I don't need anyone to check for grammar, spelling or flow; I'm just searching for someone to scan over my work after I'm done for any typos or awkward wording. I tend to write very late at night when I'm awake-but-not-really, and I find a lot of typos when I go back over my work after it's been published-- which isn't that useful, because I'm too lazy to correct it unless it's a huge error. XD;; If anyone is willing to help or has suggestions for me, please message me. I need someone who can work quickly and efficiently.

Thanks for everything, my lovelies! :D ...I've never had much use for this board before, but I suppose I could make it useful. Feel free to comment! I will check back and answer any questions!
Penguiduck

Return to Penguiduck