Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Author Validation

Comments, questions, bug reports, complaints? Voice them here!

Author Validation

Postby misha-senpai » November 23rd, 2008, 5:59 pm

How long does it take to be validated as an author? I'm just wondering because all of my stories and chapters are validated shortly after I post them, but I'm still not a validated author.

Help clue me in?
misha-senpai

Postby shadowsirenv » November 24th, 2008, 9:13 pm

Well, it usally depends on who mods your stories. Your stories may be validated often, but different mods may be approving them, so they don't necessarily see your consistency. I can't really give you an exact time frame, though. Sorry.

EDIT: DA RULES FOR REQUESTING AUTHOR VALIDATION] (copypasta'd and edited a little from DG)

-You must have at least five (5) posted stories and/or chapters and a total, combined word count of at least 5,000 words written. If any of your submissions have been denied in the past two (2) months, or if it hasn’t yet been two (2) months since you last requested validation, you can’t ask again.

-Author validations will be stricter than story validations – it’s the difference between a lifelong pass and a one-time thing.

-Request in this thread on the forums, in the announcement comments, or e-mail one of us. Make sure you include your username, and that you check PMs (on the forums) and/or that you have a working e-mail address associated with your account so that we can get back to you.

-Two (2) of the mods will decide whether or not you will be validated. If they are in agreement, then that decision will stand (you will be validated or your validation request will be rejected). If not, then a third mod will come in as tiebreaker.

-You will be contacted privately with the decision, including suggestions for improvement. If you aren’t validated, you can ask again, two months after your author validation has been denied.
shadowsirenv

Location: You know that place, with the land, and the people...

Postby misha-senpai » November 25th, 2008, 10:57 am

*nod nod* I see what you're saying. That actually helps me understand a bit better.

Still, it'd be nice to be validated soon... :|

Thank you ^_^
misha-senpai

Postby silver_neko_kitsune » November 25th, 2008, 6:08 pm

As a random suggestion, why don't you set up a thread or something where authors can apply to be validated when they get impatient? Just set a rule about how many pieces they should have validated before applying... like five stories or something.
silver_neko_kitsune

Postby Dishrag1313 » November 25th, 2008, 7:21 pm

That's a great idea. I know I would have definitely spammed it, since it took me almost a year to get validated. o__o;;

Another suggestion, though it may be unimplimentable: could we have certain mods in charge of certain categories? Just to have the same people reading the same people and thus speeding up the validation process?

Though, I guess that's assuming everyone's like me and pretty much posts in two categories. .__.;
Dishrag1313

Postby shadowsirenv » November 25th, 2008, 8:56 pm

Mods have the option of reading over select categories, it's just very hard to remember who's had validated stories and who hasn't. I was considering starting a list once NaNoWriMo is done and I can go back to validating things. But then again, maybe it's just me, but I don't think mods have the power to validate authors. I believe only admins can do that.
shadowsirenv

Postby Dishrag1313 » November 25th, 2008, 9:00 pm

Oh, really? I thought mods did that since they were more familiar with the authors. That certainly explains a lot if that's the case.
Dishrag1313

Postby shadowsirenv » November 26th, 2008, 11:35 pm

Maybe I might just be a limited mod. I can't add categories or characters to the categories either.
shadowsirenv

Postby misha-senpai » November 27th, 2008, 2:18 pm

I think the list idea is a good one *nod nod*

how would one go about doing this though?
misha-senpai

Postby MiLOTiQ » November 28th, 2008, 12:49 pm

So... if you're not validated, does that mean you suck as an author? Or you haven't proved that you're good? :?
MiLOTiQ

Postby misha-senpai » November 28th, 2008, 1:27 pm

:@_@: i hope it doesn't mean either!!! *ded*
misha-senpai

Postby MiLOTiQ » November 28th, 2008, 1:34 pm

misha-senpai wrote::@_@: i hope it doesn't mean either!!! *ded*
I wouldn't worry about it because you're an awesome writer, Misha-Senpai! I live for your Reborn! stories. :cheerleader:
MiLOTiQ

Postby misha-senpai » November 28th, 2008, 1:46 pm

:aww: daw~ sankyuu *blushes*
misha-senpai

Postby MiLOTiQ » November 28th, 2008, 1:51 pm

You're welcome. And you should totally write a Gokudera lemon or lime of some sort. Because *coughslookatmyavcoughs* he is just such an interesting character. :wink:
MiLOTiQ

Postby crazydominodragongirl » November 28th, 2008, 3:17 pm

Actually, the way it works is that there are different levels of mods, as well. IIRC, there are three: admins and then two "types" of mods. The newer mods are on the lower level; those who have been around longer (like me) do have the option of validating authors.

I guess if you think you should be validated and have a decent number of stories up, poke me through PM or forums? I'll take a look, which I can do now that November's almost over. It is true that some people might not be validated for a long time because of different people looking at their stories, and I might as well warn you now that it's also apparently true that I'm a bit hard on the stories I do look at. XD;;
Icon usually made by me. crazydominodragongirl = DG. Just call me that; it's shorter and easier to type. Don't wait for permission or anything.

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Next

Return to Information Desk