Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Featured Story Ribbon Requests

Comments, questions, bug reports, complaints? Voice them here!

Featured Story Ribbon Requests

Postby Alastair » July 16th, 2014, 5:27 am

Hey guys!

So something that's been happening with monthly featured stories for a while now is that their ribbons disappear. If you update your story in any way—change the actual summary, adjust story elements (like characters, categories, warnings, genres, ratings, etc.), or add/delete chapters—the ribbons poof! and go away. It's a glitch in the site's coding that we've been coping with. ^-^" It's completely understandable to want to keep your ribbon even when the month you were featured passes; that's why, in order to combat the glitch, I've set up this thread where you can let us moderators know when this sort of thing happens. It's no trouble! And this way, you don't have to post in news post threads, hoping to be eventually noticed.

Use the form below to list your story that was featured, and it'd be very helpful if you provided a link! Your Luna pen name would also be useful in case you don't provide a link or somehow the link breaks. Lastly, make sure to put down what month and year your story was featured for; this way, we know whether to give you a blue ribbon or a gray one. (:

FORM REQUEST:

Code: Select all
[b]Title: [/b]
[b]Link: [/b] (if title is not linked)
[b]Author: [/b]
[b]Month & Year Nominated: [/b]

Thanks for being so patient, everyone, and have a wonderful day!
“Stories are for joining the past to the future. Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember except that story.” — The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
Alastair

Re: Featured Story Ribbon Requests

Postby SacredTear » August 10th, 2014, 4:39 pm

Am I really the first person to post here....? I feel like such a loser ;~;

Anyway, my story keeps losing its ribbon whenever I update a chapter... But I've noticed that other stories (Cold Hard Cash for example) still have their ribbons when they're updated. Can you guys tell what determines if a story keeps its ribbon or not?

WELL HERE WE GO...

Title: Give Your Heart A Break
Link: http://lunaescence.com/fics/viewstory.p ... arning=17+
Author: SacredTear
Month & Year Nominated: July 2014 I think...?

I think that's it. Sorry for being trouble! DX
SacredTear

Postby Alastair » August 12th, 2014, 1:13 am

SacredTear wrote:Am I really the first person to post here....? I feel like such a loser ;~;

Anyway, my story keeps losing its ribbon whenever I update a chapter... But I've noticed that other stories (Cold Hard Cash for example) still have their ribbons when they're updated. Can you guys tell what determines if a story keeps its ribbon or not?

WELL HERE WE GO...

Title: Give Your Heart A Break
Link: http://lunaescence.com/fics/viewstory.p ... arning=17+
Author: SacredTear
Month & Year Nominated: July 2014 I think...?

I think that's it. Sorry for being trouble! DX

No trouble at all! (: (We're totally okay if people find they need to spam this thread. Haha. S'what it's for!) It's been added~

As for what determines whether a story keeps its ribbon... Who knows? It might just be random, haha. :'D My original hypothesis was that maybe the bug only affects stories that were published within the past three years, as it's a bug that hasn't always been around. But then I found out that one of my own stories, "Hello Heartbreaker," also loses its ribbon when updated, and that was published in 2010. ;A; SO WHO KNOWS? IT'S A MYSTERY~!
“Stories are for joining the past to the future. Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember except that story.” — The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
Alastair

Postby StrawChan » August 23rd, 2014, 4:18 pm

I don't actually recall updating this recently at all. I'm glad this link had been posted to a news update because otherwise I would have been too embarrassed to ask.

Title: But Uh-oh Those Summer Nights
Link: http://lunaescence.com/fics/viewstory.p ... arning=13+
Author: Straw (if it matters, I was StrawChan at the time)
Month & Year Nominated: June 2011 (thank goodness for the news archive!)

Please and thank you, and there's obviously no rush. uwu
Set your heart on victory.
StrawChan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » August 24th, 2014, 1:27 pm

It should be fixed.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Koneko Mizuki » August 31st, 2014, 10:54 pm

yo

Title: A Risky Engagement
Link: http://lunaescence.com/fics/viewstory.p ... ning=Adult
Author: Mozart
Month & Year Nominated: January 2013
Last edited by Koneko Mizuki on September 5th, 2014, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Writing is like driving at night in the fog. You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way."
-E.L. Doctorow

this username seems archaic now
Koneko Mizuki

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » September 2nd, 2014, 10:45 am

Your link doesn't go to the story, but I found it. It should be fixed.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Koneko Mizuki » September 5th, 2014, 7:06 pm

Oh, Jesus. How I didn't see that is beyond me.

Thanks for putting it up. I edited the link in anyway. 90% sure I'll need it again by the time I complete it.
"Writing is like driving at night in the fog. You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way."
-E.L. Doctorow

this username seems archaic now
Koneko Mizuki

Return to Information Desk