Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Story Validation Requests

Comments, questions, bug reports, complaints? Voice them here!

Story Validation Requests

Postby Sharp Shiny Pickle » August 20th, 2012, 9:41 am

Before you make a request for a moderator to look over your submission, please be sure that you can answer all of the following.

1. Have you looked over your story again since submitting it?
2. Does your story have proper formatting and spacing? We prefer that you have at least one space in between paragraphs, achieved by hitting ENTER twice between paragraphs or by beginning a paragraph with the <p> html tag. Also, please be sure to check that your formatting uploaded correctly by reviewing your submission under "Manage Stories."
3. Has a beta reader looked over it? This is not necessarily a requirement, but it is highly encouraged. If you don't have a beta reader, you can look for one here.
4. Are you certain it does not have any of the following errors?

If you are able to answer these all in the affirmative (excluding the beta-reader one), then you may reply to this post with the following form:

Code: Select all
[b]Username: [/b]
[b]Story Title: [/b]
[b]Date Posted or Approximate Time in the Queue: [/b]
[b]Acknowledgement of Answering the Questions Above: [/b]

Please note that we can't guarantee that your request will be processed right away. This will just help us prioritize which submissions we should try to look at first.
"To me, boxing is like a ballet, expect there is no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other." - Jack Handey
Sharp Shiny Pickle

Re: Story Validation Requests

Postby Edge_Feyera » August 20th, 2012, 8:18 pm

Username: Edge Feyera
Story Title: Fractured Unity (Arc 1 of the Series-to-be "Gift of the Protector"
Date Posted or Approximate Time in the Queue: 8/20
Acknowledgement of Answering the Questions Above: I acknowledge that my most recent chapter submission has complied with the standards set forth by the OP

As a brief aside, since I am submitting the third chapter to a series which has 30+ chapters complete (and ~300.000 words), will an author validation allow for me to post more than one submission at a time? And if that is the case, may I submit the next chapter immediately? Just curious since my series is rather long. It is 5 validated chapters each containing 5,000 words to receive author validation? Sorry I'm newbie here, but I have written quite a bit. :)

Thanks in advance!
Edge_Feyera

Postby kniferomance » August 21st, 2012, 12:13 pm

Edge_Feyera wrote:Username: Edge Feyera
Story Title: Fractured Unity (Arc 1 of the Series-to-be "Gift of the Protector"
Date Posted or Approximate Time in the Queue: 8/20
Acknowledgement of Answering the Questions Above: I acknowledge that my most recent chapter submission has complied with the standards set forth by the OP

As a brief aside, since I am submitting the third chapter to a series which has 30+ chapters complete (and ~300.000 words), will an author validation allow for me to post more than one submission at a time? And if that is the case, may I submit the next chapter immediately? Just curious since my series is rather long. It is 5 validated chapters each containing 5,000 words to receive author validation? Sorry I'm newbie here, but I have written quite a bit. :)

Thanks in advance!

When you're a validated author, your submissions bypass the queue and go straight to the Most Recent list without moderator approval. You're able to submit multiple stories/chapters.
kniferomance

Postby Judo Jazer » August 26th, 2012, 12:02 pm

Username: Jozerr
Story Title: Have You Met The Space Between Us?
Date Posted or Approximate Time in the Queue: Approximately 2-3 days
Acknowledgement of Answering the Questions Above: I acknowledge that all the issues established by the OP above have been addressed upon the submission of this story.
Judo Jazer

Postby firecat87 » September 7th, 2012, 5:57 pm

Username: firecat87
Story Title: "The Kunoichi with Murderous Intent"
Date Posted or Approximate Time in the Queue: 9/7/2012
Acknowledgement of Answering the Questions Above: I acknowledge that all the issues established by the OP above have been addressed upon the submission of this story.
firecat87

Postby littleart425 » September 11th, 2012, 1:26 pm

Can I ask for chapter validations too?
littleart425

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » September 11th, 2012, 2:04 pm

Yes...that's what this thread is for...individual stories/chapters in the queue. (Basically...not author validations, but validations for individual pieces.)
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby littleart425 » September 12th, 2012, 2:04 pm

Ok, because I do have a chapter that I need validated.

Username: littleart425
Story title: The Phantom of the Shinra Mansion (Chapter 2: Run!)
Date posted or Approximate time set in queue: 4/16/12 (something like that >_<)
Acknowledgement of Answering the Questions Above: I acknowledge that all the issues established by the OP above have been addressed upon the submission of this story

Did I type it in right? I mean, if it's just a chapter, should I just type the story title AND the chapter title? Or just the chapter title?
littleart425

Postby DragonSilk » September 12th, 2012, 6:49 pm

littleart425 wrote:Ok, because I do have a chapter that I need validated.

Username: littleart425
Story title: The Phantom of the Shinra Mansion (Chapter 2: Run!)
Date posted or Approximate time set in queue: 4/16/12 (something like that >_<)
Acknowledgement of Answering the Questions Above: I acknowledge that all the issues established by the OP above have been addressed upon the submission of this story

Did I type it in right? I mean, if it's just a chapter, should I just type the story title AND the chapter title? Or just the chapter title?

Nothing has been in the queue for anywhere near that long. The oldest items in the queue are from 8/30.
DragonSilk

Postby littleart425 » September 12th, 2012, 7:31 pm

Well, that's when the story was actually posted (put up to be validated) and it has been validated, just not the second chapter which was posted...er...9/9/12 or something like that xp I know it was this month. >_< doh! Sorry!
littleart425

Postby littleart425 » September 13th, 2012, 4:09 pm

For story chapters, we just put the title of the chapter in the story title, right? Along with the date it was posted?
littleart425

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » September 14th, 2012, 12:12 pm

The queue lists story title, then chapter title like this: "Story:Chapter," then "Author," then "Rating," then "Fandom," then "Date." (Each set of quotation marks indicates a separate column.)

The reason we need the the story title, the date, and your username is that the queue lists by the date of the chapter, that some people use different usernames on the forum and site, and that some people don't name their chapters. There are currently over a dozen chapters in the queue called "Chapter 1." If you had, say, two different stories in there but wanted us to give one priority, but both had chapters in the queue called "Chapter 1," it wouldn't be much help to just ask us to look at "Chapter 1."
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby littleart425 » September 14th, 2012, 3:09 pm

Oh, okay. Gotcha :) *makes mental note* Thank you :) I'm warning you all right now, I'm going to be on this particular forum topic often xp
littleart425

Postby xikra1648 » September 16th, 2012, 5:52 pm

Username: xikra1648
Story Title: Life's Little Moments (Don't Leave (Clint))
Date Posted or Approximate Time in the Queue: 9/10/2012

I did delete it a couple of times because it had to go through a total revision but the date I put for the date posted is the last time I posted it.
xikra1648

Postby LinearCrash » September 18th, 2012, 5:56 pm

Username: LinearCrash
Story Title: Remnants Of A Lullaby
Date Posted or Approximate Time in the Queue: Posted on September 18th
LinearCrash

Next

Return to Information Desk