Stories that fall under this category have an unbalanced review to word count ratio. These are stories that you adore but can’t understand why they don’t have more reviews! For example, a story that has up to 20,000 words, but only five reviews. Or a story that has up to 50,000 words, but only ten reviews. An invalid submission would be, say, a story that has 40 reviews and 20,000 words, with the reasoning that there are 500 words per review.
- You cannot nominate your own story for featured. If you make a sock puppet account to nominate yourself, we will know. We'll be checking. If you are caught nominating your own stories, you will be permanently banned from nominating stories or having your own stories nominated. For this reason, if you nominate, you're required to have an on-site account -- not necessarily with the same username, but please make it clear who you are if the name is different.
- You may only nominate one story.
- If an author has written something that has already been nominated for this coming month, please don't nominate one of their stories again. If a story has already been nominated for this month, nominating it again won't do any good and will only prove you haven't read the rules.
- If a story has already been a featured story in the past, do not nominate it again. (Please check if it has a little ribbon on it.)
- Use the form in the pretty code box below to nominate. Fill out the ENTIRE form. (Also, please check the ratings.)
- If you are not comfortable making the titles link, just stick the URL in there somewhere.
- Nominations will be open all month. At the end of the month, six submissions will be drawn out of a virtual unhatlike hat and those will be the featured stories. (Unless there are < six submissions. In that case, everyone wins!)
- There will be no more than one featured story from a given category every month. For example, if the first story drawn from the virtual unhatlike hat is a Naruto fanfiction, all other nominated Naruto stories are removed from the remaining pool of entries. "Original" counts as one category.
- The above holds unless there are fewer than four qualifying stories after fandom is taken into account. In that case, more than one original fiction story may be featured until there are at least four stories. Depending on the number and variety of submissions, other fandoms may be considered for having more than one featured story. (See: September 2011, in which six qualifying stories total were nominated and all featured, three of which were original fiction and three of which were Hetalia; in this case, having only two featured stories, or three OF and one Hetalia featured, is a bit silly in either case.)
- Code: Select all
[b]Link: [/b] (if title is not linked)
[b]Your Luna Username: [/b]
Have fun with nominations!