Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Holiday Fic Trade 2011 - Registration Thread

OOC Discussions for forum games. Post your character bios, discuss 1000 word challenges, challenge each other to a game. It's all good.

Holiday Fic Trade 2011 - Registration Thread

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » December 1st, 2011, 5:17 pm

Lunaescence Holiday Fic Trade 2011

This is the signup thread.
Q&A from the summer is here.
Chat thread is here.

Most of this is shamelessly CP'd from Mao and Kay's earlier fic trades

What is fic trade?
Ever wanted to feel all fuzzy inside when someone wrote for you? Ever had an idea you wanted to write, but weren't able to do it yourself? Then you should enter the holiday fic trade! This one actually is a Secret Santa because it's at the holidays.

But what is an anonymous fic trade?
An anonymous fic trade is like a Secret Santa, except you don't entirely know who Santa is even after you get the gift...well...this trade actually is a Secret Santa, but still... It's just like Round 3 from the Summer Fic Trades run by Mao and Kay. Basically, the fics are all posted on the anonymous account, and people can guess who the author is in the reviews. You can also make guesses in the discussion thread. Guesses can be based on fandoms, writing styles, and so on. After the author is correctly guessed (or after a certain timeframe has passed), the fic will be moved to its proper account. We hope you'll enjoy this game!

Do my prompts need to have a holiday theme?
No. They don't need to have a holiday theme. They can have a holiday theme. It is even encouraged that you give at least one of your prompts a holiday theme, but it is not required.

What about holidays other than Christmas?
Of course they're welcome!! Celebrating Yule? Kwanzaa? Hanukkah? Festivus? Bring it to the fic trade too! "Holidays" does not mean Christmas only.

Who is organizing it?
Kerrigan Sheehan is the moderator in charge of this current round. She will be the one responsible for distributing the request assignments after registration finishes on December 7th. However, any mod can look over any stories related to Fic Trade that have to go through queue. Lunaescence's posting policy still applies.

Contact
Please don't hesitate from asking us questions or noting concerns! If you want to talk to me privately, however, it is highly recommended that you either PM via these forums or use the email listed below. There's a bug on the main site that sometimes prevents emails from getting through the "contact author" option.

Kerrigan Sheehan
- kerrigansheehan [at] yahoo [dot] com
- site account
- forum account

You can also use the Discussion Thread or check the Q&A Thread.
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on December 1st, 2011, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Re: Holiday Fic Trade 2011 - Registration Thread

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » December 1st, 2011, 5:23 pm

Guidelines

Participants
Everyone can participate in the Fic Trade, regardless of whether or not they have already posted stories on Lunaescence. The only exception applies to those who signed up in the summer fic trade and failed to fulfill their assignments; these individuals are not allowed to participate in the current round.

Unvalidated Authors
Although anyone can participate in the Fic Trade, unvalidated authors with stories that have been denied from the queue (or who have been asked to edit stories prior to validation) within the past month are required to find a beta for any stories written for the trade. There will be a list of available beta readers below that will updated as the signups progress.

Prompts
What is a prompt? Prompts are meant to inspire stories rather than define them. They are not summaries, but are ideas. They can be a quotation, a single word, a brief phrase, or even an image.

When defining your prompts, please also note the pairing and fandom the prompt is related to, the max rating, and the max length of the fic you would like to receive for the first three prompts. Please try to vary the fandoms of the prompts (i.e. a different fandom for each prompt) so as to allow a variety of choices for the writer completing your prompt.

The fourth prompt will not have a pairing or fandom associated with it so that the writer can decide what he or she wants to make the story about, whether it be an original story or one associated with a fandom the writer is more familiar with. Please indicate whether you would like it to be a reader-insert or an OC story. The author is only required to fill one prompt out of four.

Fandoms
When listing your fandoms, it is recommended that you also look at other people's fandoms. This will ensure that you aren't forgetting any fandoms that other people want written, which will make matching people up a lot easier.

Max Rating
Choose from All, Youth, 13+, 17+, Adult, Adult+.

Length
This is a range. Choose from Any, 100-500, 500-1000, 1000-5000, 5000-10 000, 10 000+ words.

Spares
Signing up as a spare means that you will be responsible for filling out unanswered trades after the posting deadline has past. You will be put on the spares list and be contacted if there are any unanswered trades. Delegation of unanswered trades will be at random and spares will be responsible for completing it, regardless of whether they have any experience with the fandoms listed or not. We will try our best to delegate prompts to spares that are relevant to their interests (which is why we ask everyone to vary the fandoms of their prompts!). Spares will not be required to write anything over 1000 words, regardless of the length requested, unless if they chose to do so.

Betas
Signing up as a beta means that your beta profile will be posted in the Beta section of the thread. Participants will be allowed to contact you if they would like their story beta'd before they post their story. Anyone can sign up as a beta. Validated authors are strongly encouraged to sign up.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » December 1st, 2011, 5:29 pm

Holiday Fic Trade Timeline

December 1 -- Registration starts.
December 7 -- Registration closes.
December 9 -- Assignments sent.
December 16 -- Posting starts.
December 25 -- All fics (besides 5,000-10,000+) due.
December 27 -- Unanswered trades will be sent to spares.
December 31 -- Spares due, 5,000-20,000+ fics due.
January 6 -- Authors revealed.

(Yes, I did deliberately make them due on Christmas Day and New Years Eve and the reveal on Three Kings Day. Think of it like the twelve days of fic trade.)
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » December 1st, 2011, 5:34 pm

Application Form

Please copy and paste this form in your reply and fill out the necessary fields.
Refer to the Guidelines section of the thread for definitions. Thank you!

Code: Select all
[b]Luna username:[/b]
[b]Contact e-mail:[/b] (please use [at] and [dot] in order to avoid spambots; e.g. kerrigansheehan [at] yahoo [dot] com. If you feel uncomfortable with posting your email publicly, just PM it to Kerrigan Sheehan via the forum.)

[b]Prompts[/b] [i](Include idea, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words.  Indicate fandom and pairing for first three prompts and indicate whether the fourth prompt be a reader-insert or an OC story.)[/i]
[b]Prompt #1:[/b]
[i]Pairing:[/i]
[i]Fandom:[/i]
[i]Max rating:[/i]
[i]Length:[/i]

[b]Prompt #2:[/b]

[b]Prompt #3:[/b]

[b]Prompt #4:[/b]
[i]Type:[/i] (reader-insert or OC story)

[b]Personal Profile[/b]
[b]Fandoms:[/b] (list a minimum of 5 fandoms you will write for)
[b]Max rating:[/b] (list max rating you will write)
[b]Max length:[/b] (list max length you will write)
[b]What I will not write:[/b]
[b]Validated or unvalidated?[/b] (choose your status)

[b]Extras[/b]
[b]Spare:[/b] (Yes/No)
[b]Beta:[/b] (Yes/No) (If not, omit Beta section.)

[b]Beta[/b]
[b]Public e-mail:[/b]
[b]Max rating you will read:[/b]
[b]Max length you will read:[/b]
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on December 1st, 2011, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » December 1st, 2011, 5:40 pm

Posting Guidelines

POSTING DOES NOT BEGIN UNTIL DECEMBER 16.
Revisions may be made until that date.

The following are posting guidelines for the Lunaescence 2011 Holiday Fic Trade. They are different from the guidelines for Rounds 1 and 2 of the summer fic trade, so please be sure to read this carefully before you submit your story. Please note that there is no posting thread for this round. (They're basically the same as the round 3 from the summer fic trade, except for the dates, but read it anyway for the refresher. Humor me.)

1. Write for your prompt! Do it! (Please refrain from writing an A/N unless if absolutely necessary. This is to make things even more interesting!)

2. On December 16, you may begin submitting stories to the site. If you are a validated author, you will be given the password to the fictrade anon account, where you will be able to post. If you are an unvalidated author, you have two options:

a) Submit your fic to the queue, where it will be transferred to the anon account if it passes;
b) Get a validated beta-reader from the beta list, who will post your story for you after it has been edited.

3. Please add this form at the bottom of the summary of the story.

Prompt:
For:

[Written for Holiday Fic Trade 2011]

4. Once your story has been validated, email or PM Kerrigan Sheehan with the following information. You must not post this information publicly, or else it will ruin the guessing game. There is no posting thread in this round to ensure that nobody accidentally reveals their identity!

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Profile URL:[/b]
[b]Story Name:[/b]
[b]Written for:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

5. All fics under 5,000 words are due on December 25.
Unanswered trades will be sent to spares on December 27.
All fics (those from spares and those that are 5,000+ words long) are due on December 31. This deadline also applies to fics that exceed 5,000 words but had a prompt requesting a shorter length.

6. This step applies only to people who are doing stories over 5,000 words long. Please PM Kerrigan Sheehan before December 25 if you are writing writing a story that exceeds 5,000 words, or if you'd like to request an extension.

This step is simply a measure to ensure that I do not accidentally send your prompt to a spare. When you do finish up your fic and get it validated, please remember to do Step 4.

7. If you are not able to make your deadline, please notify Kerrigan Sheehan! You may do so by email or by PM. If you do not do this, then your prompt will be sent to a spare.

8. Once your form (Step 4) has been received, your story will be added to the series Lunaescence Holiday Fic Trade.

9. Now, guess that author! Please leave guesses in reviews and speculate among yourselves in the discussion thread. Guessing will go on until January 6, which is when the identity of the author will be revealed. Check back on that date to see if you've correctly identified the author of a story.
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on December 1st, 2011, 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » December 1st, 2011, 5:46 pm

RESERVED FOR BETA LIST
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » December 1st, 2011, 5:49 pm

RESERVED FOR PARTICIPANT LIST
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » December 1st, 2011, 5:52 pm

Reminders

It is strongly recommended that each prompt have a different fandom so as to allow a variety of choices to the author (or spare) completing your request. Each writer is only required to completely one prompt out of three/four.

Assignments will be sent on December 9. Story posting will start on December 16. Please wait until August 16 to post your story.

Stories submitted to the queue will still be subject to Lunaescence's posting policy.

All trades with a range of 100-5000 words will be due by December 25.
Unanswered trades of under 5000 words will be assigned to spares by December 27.
All trades with a range of over 5000 words will be due by December 31.

Please remember to update us on the status of your trade (i.e. whether you will need an extension or if your trade will be over 5000 words) before December 25, or else the prompts you have been put in charge of will be sent to a spare.

This is the Registration Thread for the Holiday Fic Trade.
Any other questions you have about the fic trade is to be asked on the Q&A thread.
For any comments or suggestions, or if you're just looking for a place to chat and hang around, the Discussion Thread is the place for you!
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » December 1st, 2011, 5:57 pm

Registration for the Secret Santa beginning....NOW!

REGISTRATION START!

Making Christmas, making Christmas, making Christmas
Time to give them something fun
They'll talk about for years to come
Let's have a cheer from everyone, it's time to party.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby crazydominodragongirl » December 1st, 2011, 6:38 pm

HAHAHA FIRST POST???

Luna username: crazydominodragongirl
Contact e-mail: crazydominodragongirl [AT] yahoo

Prompts
Prompt #1: ...and with a mighty roar, Shizuo picks up the ambulance and throws it at Izaya. (change tense if you'd like~)
Pairing: Shizuo/You
Fandom: Durarara!!
Max rating: 13+
Length: 500-5,000+? AMUSE ME.

Prompt #2: Tell me your story. I want to hear it all. I want to know everything about you.
Pairing: Hungary/You
Fandom: Axis Powers Hetalia
Max rating: 17+ (no lemon though~)
Length: 5,000-10,000+

Prompt #3: The miasma chokes and poisons and you can't breathe.
Pairing: Jade/You
Fandom: Tales of the Abyss
Max rating: 17+
Length: 500-5,000

Prompt #4: ...and the sky comes crashing down.
Type: Anything~
Max rating: 13+
Length: 1,000-5,000+

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Axis Powers Hetalia, D.Gray-Man, Durarara!!, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, Prince of Tennis, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Vesperia. WILL FILL IN MORE AS PEOPLE REQUEST.
Max rating: Adult
Max length: ...what's a max length?
What I will not write: Lemon, rape, OOC... I am perfectly fine with shounen-ai and shoujo-ai, however! (distinguished from yaoi/yuri in that the latter two are explicit, please use the proper terms!)
Validated or unvalidated? Validated

Extras
Spare: Yes
Beta: Yes

Beta
Public e-mail: crazydominodragongirl [AT] yahoo
Max rating you will read: Adult (see above; I won't read what I won't write)
Max length you will read: ...10,000?
Icon usually made by me. crazydominodragongirl = DG. Just call me that; it's shorter and easier to type. Don't wait for permission or anything.

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Postby RyuseiStreamGirl » December 1st, 2011, 8:43 pm

o.O;; SECOND POST?!??!! o.O;;
WOAHHHH

Luna username: RyuseiStreamGirl
Contact e-mail: ryuseistreamgirl [at] gmail [dot] com

Prompts
(If a certain prompt on the list works better with another Fandom on the list, feel free to change it around ^^ )

Prompt #1: Christmas is over, and so is New Years. But I haven't received my Presents!!!
Pairing: Hibari KyoyaxReader OR Gokudera HayatoxReader
Fandom: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Length: 500+

Prompt #2: I Guess Not Having a White Christmas is Fine...
Pairing: Hitsugaya ToushirouxReader
Fandom: Bleach

Prompt #3: Who Doesn't Celebrate Christmas with a PARTY?!?!?!
Pairing: LavixReader OR Kanda YuuxReader
Fandom: D.Gray-Man

Prompt #4: London Bridge is Falling Down, Falling Down, Falling Down~ Wait, why is the London Bridge Falling Down NOW?!
Type: Reader-Insert
Length: Any

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Bleach, KHR!, D.Gray-Man, Durarara!!, Nurarihyon no Mago, Inuyasha, Fullmetal Alchemist, Kuroshitsuji Season II, Angel Beats, No. 6, Black Cat, Ao no Exorcist/Blue Exorcist
(If I remember more, I'll add)
Max length: 10,000
What I will not write: Yuri/Yaoi, Rape... err... Those stuff. (Hopefully you'll understand what I'm trying to say in a short list)
Validated or unvalidated? Unvalidated

Extras

Beta
Public e-mail: ryuseistreamgirl [at] gmail [dot] com
Max rating you will read: 17+
Max length you will read: Something that'll take me DAYS to read. (like... 10,000+)
RyuseiStreamGirl

Postby Cherezsa » December 1st, 2011, 9:04 pm

Third to post....? :o

Cherezsa:
ketchup_e[AT]yahoo[DOT]come:

Prompts

Prompt #1: It's too cold for ice cream
Pairing:Axel/Reader
Fandom: Kingdom Hearts
Length:500-1000

Prompt #2:Why is it hot? Oh, you're here...and we're in Australia.
Pairing: Collonello/Reader
Fandom:KHR
Max rating:17+

Prompt #3: Don't eat the yellow snow!
Pairing:Yogi/Reader
Fandom:Karneval
Max rating:13+

Prompt #4:Take me somewhere.
Type: Reader-insert
Max rating:17+

Personal Profile
Fandoms: FF7, Bleach, KHR, Karneval, Death Note, Ouran High School Host Club, Devil May Cry, D.Grayman, Axis Powers, Kingdom Hearts
Max length: 5000
What I will not write:Anything too explicit
Validated or unvalidated? unvalidated :(

Extras
Cherezsa

Postby NyxHarlot » December 1st, 2011, 10:04 pm

-follows everybody else- FOURTH TO POST? Lol. We are going to get people who are like "THIRTIETH TO POST?!" c:

Luna username: NyxHarlot
Contact e-mail: theycallmealice [at] yahoo [dot] com

Prompts
Prompt #1: All I Want for Christmas is You
Pairing: Seto Kaiba x Reader
Fandom: Yu-Gi-Oh!
Length: ANY!

Prompt #2: Baby, it's cold outside
Pairing: Zuko x Reader
Fandom: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Prompt #3: I'll Be Home for Christmas
Pairing: Nero x Reader
Fandom: Devil May Cry

Prompt #4: Blue Christmas
Type: Reader-insert
Length: 500 - 1000

(....DO YOU LIKE ALL MY CHRISTMAS THEMES? Lul. ;D)

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Yu-gi-oh, Twilight, Yu Yu Hakusho, Devil May Cry, Ouran High School Host Club, Durarara!!, Harry Potter, Supernatural, Resident Evil, Kuroshitsuji, Kingdom Hearts, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Heavy Rain, L.A. Noire, Spirited Away, might add more later!
Max length: Somewhere around 5,000.
What I will not write: Naruto, APH, KHR!. I am usually only picky about those fandoms.
Validated or unvalidated? Unvalidated

Extras
Spare: Yes!
Beta: Not this time. :<
NyxHarlot

Postby perfect-to-stay » December 1st, 2011, 10:51 pm

FIFTH??? :P

The | symbol indicates "or"

Luna username: perfect-to-stay
Contact e-mail: feels.like.laughing[at]gmail[dot]com

Prompts
Prompt #1: Another one bites the dust.
Pairing: Yuri Lowell x Reader
Fandom: Tales of Vesperia
Length: 500-1000+

Prompt #2: "It's like, sometimes you wanna see the rain but the sun gets in your eyes." (From "Sad Caper" by Hootie and the Blowfish)
Pairing: Natsume x Reader
Fandom: Natsume Yuujinchou
Length: 1000-5000+

Prompt #3: Take inspiration from Robert Frost's "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"
Pairing: Howl x Reader | Yuki Sohma x Reader
Fandom: Howl's Moving Castle | Fruits Basket

Prompt #4: Wait a second, I thought Santa's elves were supposed to be short and have bells on their toes...
Type: Reader x OC would be awesome

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Baccano!, Durarara!!, Eden of the East, Fairy Tail, Fruits Basket, Howl's Moving Castle, Legend of Zelda, Munto, Natsume Yuujinchou, Ouran High School Host Club, Soul Eater, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Vesperia, Yu Yu Hakusho
What I will not write: lemons, incest, essentially anything that would make the story Adult

Extras
Spare: No

Beta
Public e-mail: feels.like.laughing[at]gmail[dot]com
Max rating you will read: 17+
Max length you will read: No limit.
perfect-to-stay

Postby Black_Rose » December 1st, 2011, 11:40 pm

Luna username:Black_Rose
Contact e-mail:yuyufan67[at]yahoo[dot]com

Prompts
Prompt #1:So cold, it burns
Pairing:ReaderxVergil
Fandom:Devil May Cry
Max rating:Adult
Length:Any

Prompt #2:Destroying his peace
Pairing:SesshomaruxReader
Fandom:Inuyasha

Prompt #3:Can't back down
Pairing:HibarixReader or GaaraxReader
Fandom:Reborn or Naruto

Prompt #4:Holidays with the children
Type: OC story
Max rating:13+
Length:100-500+

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Dragon Age:Origins, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Reborn!, Devil May Cry,Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Kuroshitsuji, Ouran High School Host Club, Kingdom Hearts
Max rating: Adult
What I will not write:I'm pretty open

Extras

Beta
Public e-mail: yuyufan67[AT]yahoo[DOT]com
Max rating you will read:Adult
Max length you will read: ....10,000?
Black_Rose