Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Featured Stories for December

Author of the Month, Story of the Month, and other features.

Featured Stories for December

Postby Sharp Shiny Pickle » October 31st, 2011, 11:10 pm

The theme for December is "Winter Holidays." Please be sure to read the last point made bellow since it's different than usual~

Rules:
- You cannot nominate your own story to be featured.
- Only nominate one story.
- If an author has written something that has already been nominated for this coming month, please don't nominate one of their stories again.
- If a story has already been a featured story in the past, do not nominate it again.
- If you nominate, please make sure to include the author's name,the story rating, and the category/link to the story, along with the holiday it's featuring~

The Aftermath:
- Nominations will be open all month. At the end of the month, six submissions will be drawn out of a (program coded in C or Java depending on how I feel at the time that simulates a) hat and those will be the featured stories. If no more than six stories have been nominated, then all of them will be featured by default.
- Unlike our usual policy of one story per fandom, this month we may choose one story per holiday. If there is not a great enough variety of holidays in the nominations, then we will use the standard rules based on categories.

In addition to nominations, please let us know here if you have any questions or comments! Happy Nominating~
Last edited by shadowsirenv on November 30th, 2011, 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To me, boxing is like a ballet, expect there is no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other." - Jack Handey
Sharp Shiny Pickle

Re: Featured Stories for December

Postby Dragonstar » November 5th, 2011, 6:18 am

I'd like to nominate "Christmas Decorating" by NuitNoire
Rating: 13+
Category: Nabari no Ou
Holiday: Christmas (because it had to be done! XD)
Last edited by Dragonstar on November 7th, 2011, 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Credit to anjichan for the avatar.
Dragonstar

Postby Siruru » November 6th, 2011, 7:09 pm

I would like to nominate "Christmas Story" by StrawChan.

Rating: All
Catergory: KHR!
Holiday: Christmas

http://www.lunaescence.com/fics/viewstory.php?sid=22059
Siruru

Postby Dragonstar » November 14th, 2011, 8:22 pm

Perhaps some suggestions for other winter holidays would be useful? :wink:
Credit to anjichan for the avatar.
Dragonstar

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » November 15th, 2011, 11:54 am

We don't actually know how many stories there are for Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Yule, or New Year's, so if all anyone can find is Christmas, we'll just use the standard one story per category selection. We're not even sure that some holidays have even one fic on the site.

Using the search, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa didn't turn up any stories at all, and Christmas turned up five pages' worth. That doesn't mean there aren't any (especially with the alternate spellings of "Hanukkah"), but it would make them hard to find.

PLUS - remember that not all holiday stories are actually in the special section with the special little icons.

P.S. If nobody can find a Hanukkah fic or a Yule fic and someone wants to write one and tell me about it (use the Contact Author form on my profile), as long as they're a validated author or it's validated by the end of November*, I'll nominate it for a feature. First message gets the nomination. Consider this like a mini challenge or something.

*If you're not validated and you want to take this up, use my Contact Author form as soon as you submit it so I can go through it in the queue. Otherwise, there's no guarantee someone will notice it in time. I want it to be as fair for everybody as possible. (Standard queue rules apply, of course. It has to be validation worthy, regardless.)
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby RyuseiStreamGirl » November 20th, 2011, 2:19 pm

Hello!
I've got one story in mind, but it's New Years themed. I'm not so sure if New Years is considered a holiday (well... I guess it could? Sometimes, I just think New Years isn't considered a holiday.... :-/)

Since I don't want to be those people that thinks it fits the theme and posts it, but ends up not really fitting the theme and feeling stupid and down...
So, I'm going to ask before nominating the story: Is New Years considered a holiday?
RyuseiStreamGirl

Postby crazydominodragongirl » November 20th, 2011, 5:03 pm

We have New Year's off, let's pretend it's a holiday. |D
Icon usually made by me. crazydominodragongirl = DG. Just call me that; it's shorter and easier to type. Don't wait for permission or anything.

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Return to Nominations