Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Featured Stories for November

Author of the Month, Story of the Month, and other features.

Featured Stories for November

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » September 30th, 2011, 9:52 pm

The theme for November is "Summer Fic Trade Favorites." Nominate your favorite story from any round of the 2011 summer fic trades.

Rules, etc.:
-Don't nominate your own story.
-Only nominate one story.
-If an author has already been nominated this month, please don't nominate one of their stories again.
-If a story has already been featured in the past (has a ribbon on it), please don't nominate it again.
-Please include the category, author, and rating of the story you nominate and a link.

-Nominations are open all month. At the end of the month, six stories will be chosen using a sorting hat, dice roller, or ouija board.
-Only one story will be picked from each category in a given month. "Original" counts as one category. If there are less than four qualifying stories, more than one original fiction story may be featured until there are at least four stories. (September 2011 is a prime example of this.)

Questions/Comments/Trick-or-Treat Apples/Nominations go here. So nominate already!
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on October 1st, 2011, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm doing NaNoWriMo. I will start noticing things again when the little line fills up. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Re: Featured Stories for November

Postby AnonymousSong » October 1st, 2011, 1:05 am

I would like to nominate:
Shade! For her wonderful fic-trade story, Misconceptions which fell under the fantasy and school categories.
It's rated 13+ (Sorry for not realizing what you meant. Lol)
http://www.lunaescence.com/fics/viewstory.php?sid=26947
I would give it a definite five out of five! It was cute, sweet, heartwarming and made me squeal like the fangirl that I am. Yay for Selkies! xD

<3
Last edited by AnonymousSong on October 4th, 2011, 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The Roxas I know is long gone.
Fine. I see how it is."
Kioku Shiteru Ka?
AnonymousSong

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » October 1st, 2011, 7:38 am

By rating, we mean "Youth" or "Adult" or "13+." We put them in the announcements so people know what they're getting when they click the links. (In other words, so people don't click on stories with adult content when they're at work or school.)
I'm doing NaNoWriMo. I will start noticing things again when the little line fills up. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby perfect-to-stay » October 1st, 2011, 9:43 pm

I would like to nominate "Call For Me" by TwilightEmpress! It's a Legend of Zelda fic, rated "All"

http://www.lunaescence.com/fics/viewstory.php?sid=26978
perfect-to-stay

Postby Shade » October 1st, 2011, 10:08 pm

Oh goodness! This was so hard to pick. There were two super outstanding ones I read. If only I could nominate them both! But, I guess I'm going to have to go with...

"Love Magicially Blossoms" by crazydominodragongirl. It's Harry Potter and is rated 13+

http://lunaescence.com/fics/viewstory.php?sid=26975
Last edited by Shade on October 5th, 2011, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shade

Postby KarenaWilliams » October 3rd, 2011, 3:29 pm

I would like to nominate:

Little Dingy Apartment by Mrs_Anonymous.
Rating: 13+
Category: Final Fantasy VII

Because I think it's beautiful and it still gives me tingles reading it. ;u;
KarenaWilliams

Postby Lucky107 » October 8th, 2011, 10:40 am

I think I would like to nominate Purged of Sin's piece, A Teddy for Your Thoughts. The category is Gundam 00 and the rating is 17+.

It's written so simply, but really provides the reader with an indepth insight of the world in a war-torn era. Even for me, someone who doesn't really understand much of the political aspects of the Gundam series', I found that it was quite an easy and enjoyable read.

Not to mention, it's very underrated despite how touching and beautiful it really is.
There's no time like the present.
Lucky107

Postby Dragonstar » October 22nd, 2011, 3:01 am

I'd like to nominate "Of Kittens and Red Herrings"by Alastair
Rated: 17+
Category: Kuroshitsuji
Credit to anjichan for the avatar.
Dragonstar

Return to Nominations