Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Featured Stories for October

Author of the Month, Story of the Month, and other features.

Featured Stories for October

Postby crazydominodragongirl » September 1st, 2011, 9:50 pm

The theme is "impending doom"! This is fairly broad, encompassing anything that has a feeling of "something really bad is about to happen," ranging from death to bad ends to being in the same room as Shizuo to the consequences of calling Kanda a princess. There's a tiiiiny rule change, though it probably won't affect anything much.

WHAT YOU DO:

- You cannot nominate your own story for featured.
- Only nominate one story.
- If an author has written something that has already been nominated for this coming month, please don't nominate one of their stories again.
- If a story has already been a featured story in the past, do not nominate it again.
- If you nominate, please make sure to include the author's name, and the category/link to the story itself will save us trouble later~

WHAT HAPPENS AFTERWARD:

- Nominations will be open all month. At the end of the month, six submissions will be drawn out of a (metaphorical and probably virtual) hat and those will be the featured stories.
-There will be no more than one featured story from a given category every month. For example, if the first story drawn from the metaphorical, virtual hat is a Naruto fanfiction, all other nominated Naruto stories are removed from the remaining pool of entries. "Original" counts as one category.
-The above holds unless there are fewer than four qualifying stories after fandom is taken into account. In that case, more than one original fiction story may be featured until there are at least four stories. Depending on the number and variety of submissions, other fandoms may be considered for having more than one featured story. (See: September 2011, in which six qualifying stories total were nominated and all featured, three of which were original fiction and three of which were Hetalia; in this case, having only two featured stories, or three OF and one Hetalia featured, is a bit silly in either case.)

Questions/comments/complaints/nominations go here.
Icon usually made by me. crazydominodragongirl = DG. Just call me that; it's shorter and easier to type. Don't wait for permission or anything.

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Re: Featured Stories for October

Postby rubberducky1 » September 1st, 2011, 10:06 pm

I would like to nominate:
The Belief in Happy Endings by KarenaWilliams.
Category: Criminal Minds
Rating:17+

(This totally fits the theme this time. I swear.)
rubberducky1

Postby GuardianAngel07 » September 2nd, 2011, 1:32 pm

I would like to nominate "Standards of the Doomed" by AlacraticAvarice
Category: Invader Zim
Rating:13+

http://www.lunaescence.com/fics/viewsto ... arning=13+
GuardianAngel07

Postby mimi.mamiette » September 4th, 2011, 11:45 pm

I'd like to nominate this:
Dynamic Ecosystem by ViViD Eminence
Category: Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Rating: Adult
There are so many things I'd like to nominate for other authors, but only being able to choose one, so I picked this one. This story is horribly painful for my old heart; others can vouch for it too. (coughs) But I swear, this story fits the trope of "impending doom" so much, it's creepy how you picked out that theme for October. ಠ_ಠ Stupid guess but is it Halloween-related?
mimi.mamiette

Postby kureyuki » September 6th, 2011, 3:28 am

I'd like to nominate Mafia Life by crazydominodragongirl, because (  ゚,_ゝ゚) I don't even.
Category: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Rating: 13+
"Eternal truths are ultimately invisible, and you won't find them in material things or
natural phenomena, or even in human emotions." — Yoko Ogawa
kureyuki

Postby crazydominodragongirl » September 7th, 2011, 4:10 pm

So I just remembered I can nominate this, but silver_neko_kitsune's Infection (Devil May Cry, 13+) totally counts. OTL ZOMBIEFIC YAAAAY.

someday I will find fic by someone not Mao to nominate s-sob
Icon usually made by me. crazydominodragongirl = DG. Just call me that; it's shorter and easier to type. Don't wait for permission or anything.

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Postby silver_neko_kitsune » September 19th, 2011, 10:17 pm

I FOUND FIC BY SOMEONE NOT DG TO NOMINATE??

This is a first.

So Ordinary by Kay (Durarara!!, 17+)

/o/
silver_neko_kitsune

Postby Hikari_no_Kage » September 19th, 2011, 11:11 pm

Um! It doesn't feature anyone calling Kanda a princess not really, but it has Kanda in it?

Fact of the Day by Hametsu e no Rondo (D.Gray-Man, 13+)

:3
Hikari_no_Kage

Postby LenyaDate » September 20th, 2011, 11:07 pm

I have a question! Does the nominations have to have a serious theme or can they be crack?
LenyaDate

Postby crazydominodragongirl » September 21st, 2011, 12:56 am

It's fine as long as there is DOOOOOOOOM. |D So whatever you want, as long as it does have that moment of suspense or oh-no-I'm-gonna-die.

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Return to Nominations