What is fic trade?
Ever wanted to feel all fuzzy inside when someone wrote for you? Ever had an idea you wanted to write, but weren't able to do it yourself? Then you should enter the fic trade!
Who can particpate?
Everyone can participate in the Fic Trade, regardless of whether or not they have already posted stories on Lunaescence. The only exception applies to those who signed up in the last fic trade and failed to fulfill their assignments; these individuals are not allowed to participate in the current round.
Can unvalidated authors participate?
Yes, unvalidated authors are very, very welcome. (Yes, the queue will be open before assignments are sent out.)
Max Rating? Length?
Max Rating: Choose from All, Youth, 13+, 17+, Adult, Adult+.
Length: This is a range. Choose from Any, 100-500, 500-1000, 1000-5000, 5000-10 000, 10 000+ words. (Please don't pick all 10 000+. It's not very considerate, especially for newer writers who may not have written something that long before.)
Fandom? Pairing? What if I want to make that writer's choice?
We've had questions about this in the past, so it's now officially added to the rules. (Yay!)
- If you want to leave the fandom up to the writer, that's perfectly alright. Just write "Any" under fandom.
- If you want to provide a fandom list for the author to choose from, put "See List" under fandom and put a list somewhere in your application.
- If you want an original fiction story, state "Original Fiction" under fandom.
- Since you can't specify a pairing without specifying a fandom, you have the following options if you choose to leave the fandom open: "Canon/Canon," "Canon/OC," "Canon/Reader," "Any," or "None."
- If you want to leave the pairing up to the writer but are uncomfortable with OOC pairings or homosexual pairings, please make a note of that, as in "no shonen-ai" or "no OOC" or something like that.
- Even if you do specify a fandom, you can always choose not to specify a pairing or to request a story with no specific pairing.
- You can also, of course, request a story about one specific character with no specified pairing. For example, you could put "just write about John" under "Pairing" or you could switch it to "Character: John."
Basically...just customize the application as needed.
Please note: All authors must have one prompt (the fourth one) that is not specific to fandom. This is to accommodate original fiction writers and people who write for obscure fandoms who would otherwise be impossible to pair.
What is a prompt?
Prompts are meant to inspire stories rather than define them. They are not summaries, but are ideas. They can be a quotation, a single word, a brief phrase, or even a song, video, or image. In this trade, they're given for you.
What is a Spare?
A spare is someone who is willing to take a second prompt, if necessary. This only happens if someone drops out of the trade or doesn't turn in their fic on time. Spares are free to ignore the requested length, but not the maximum rating.
Do stories have to have a Halloween theme?
No, but it's encouraged.
Who is organizing it?
Kerrigan Sheehan is the moderator in charge of this current round. She will be the one responsible for distributing the request assignments after registration finishes. Lunaescence's posting policy still applies.
Please don't hesitate from asking us questions or noting concerns! If you want to talk to me privately, however, it is highly recommended that you either PM via these forums or use the email listed below. There's a bug on the main site that sometimes prevents emails from getting through the "contact author" option.
- kerrigansheehan [at] yahoo [dot] com
- site account
- forum account
Please copy and paste this form in your reply and fill out the necessary fields.
Refer to the previous post for definitions. Thank you!
- Code: Select all
[b]Contact e-mail:[/b] (please use [at] and [dot] in order to avoid spambots; e.g. kerrigansheehan [at] yahoo [dot] com. If you feel uncomfortable with posting your email publicly, just PM it to Kerrigan Sheehan via the forum.)
[b]Prompts[/b] [i](Include idea, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words. Indicate fandom and pairing for first three prompts and indicate whether the fourth prompt be a reader-insert or an OC story.)[/i]
[i]Type:[/i] (reader-insert or OC story)
[b]Fandoms:[/b] (list a minimum of 5 fandoms you will write for)
[b]Max rating:[/b] (list max rating you will write)
[b]Max length:[/b] (list max length you will write)
[b]What I will not write:[/b]
[b]Validated or unvalidated?[/b] (choose your status)
[b]Beta:[/b] (Yes/No) (If not, omit Beta section.)
[b]Max rating you will read:[/b]
[b]Max length you will read:[/b]
August 2013 Fic Trade Timeline:
October 7th - Registration closes.
October 17th - All fics under 5k due.
October 31st - All fics over 5k due.