Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Holiday Fic Trade 2012 - Registration Thread

OOC Discussions for forum games. Post your character bios, discuss 1000 word challenges, challenge each other to a game. It's all good.

Holiday Fic Trade 2012 - Registration Thread

Postby Penguiduck » December 1st, 2012, 2:19 pm

Lunaescence Holiday Fic Trade 2012

This is the signup thread.

Most of this is shamelessly CP'd from earlier fic trade information (Mao, Kay, DG, and KS's). :'D

What is fic trade?
Ever wanted to feel all fuzzy inside when someone wrote for you? Ever had an idea you wanted to write, but weren't able to do it yourself? Then you should enter the holiday fic trade! This one actually is a Secret Santa because it's at the holidays.

But what is an anonymous fic trade?
An anonymous fic trade is like a Secret Santa, except you don't entirely know who Santa is even after you get the gift...well...this trade actually is a Secret Santa, but still... It's just like Round 3 from the Summer Fic Trades run by Mao and Kay or last year's holiday fic trade. Basically, the fics are all posted on the anonymous account, and people can guess who the author is in the reviews. You can also make guesses in the discussion thread. Guesses can be based on fandoms, writing styles, and so on. After the author is correctly guessed (or after a certain timeframe has passed), the fic will be moved to its proper account. We hope you'll enjoy this game!

Do my prompts need to have a holiday theme?
No. They don't need to have a holiday theme. They can have a holiday theme. It is even encouraged that you give at least one of your prompts a holiday theme, but it is not required.

What about holidays other than Christmas?
Of course they're welcome!! Celebrating Yule? Kwanzaa? Hanukkah? Festivus? Bring it to the fic trade too! "Holidays" does not mean Christmas only.

Who is organizing it?
Kerrigan Sheehan and Penguiduck are the moderators in charge of this current round. They will be the one responsible for distributing the request assignments after registration finishes on December 10th. However, any mod can look over any stories related to Fic Trade that have to go through queue. Lunaescence's posting policy still applies.

Contact
Please don't hesitate to ask us questions or note concerns! If you want to talk to one of us privately, however, it is highly recommended that you either PM via these forums or use the emails listed below. There's a bug on the main site that sometimes prevents emails from getting through the "contact author" option.

Kerrigan Sheehan
- kerrigansheehan [at] yahoo [dot] com

Penguiduck
- Paradiseislandyoshi [at] gmail [dot] com
Last edited by Penguiduck on December 1st, 2012, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penguiduck

Re: Holiday Fic Trade 2012 - Registration Thread

Postby Penguiduck » December 1st, 2012, 2:22 pm

Guidelines

Participants
Everyone can participate in the Fic Trade, regardless of whether or not they have already posted stories on Lunaescence. The only exception applies to those who signed up in the summer fic trade and failed to fulfill their assignments; these individuals are not allowed to participate in the current round.

Unvalidated Authors
Although anyone can participate in the Fic Trade, unvalidated authors with stories that have been denied from the queue (or who have been asked to edit stories prior to validation) within the past month are required to find a beta for any stories written for the trade. There will be a list of available beta readers below that will updated as the signups progress.

Prompts
What is a prompt? Prompts are meant to inspire stories rather than define them. They are not summaries, but are ideas. They can be a quotation, a single word, a brief phrase, or even an image.

When defining your prompts, please also note the pairing and fandom the prompt is related to, the max rating, and the max length of the fic you would like to receive for the first three prompts. Please try to vary the fandoms of the prompts (i.e. a different fandom for each prompt) so as to allow a variety of choices for the writer completing your prompt.

The fourth prompt will not have a pairing or fandom associated with it so that the writer can decide what he or she wants to make the story about, whether it be an original story or one associated with a fandom the writer is more familiar with. Please indicate whether you would like it to be a reader-insert or an OC story. The author is only required to fill one prompt out of four.

**You can also make a list of fandoms and pairings that you're willing to read and leave the first three of the prompts empty. This will give your assigned Secret Santa more options when s/he begins writing. Also, if you prefer, you can also not specific fandoms at all.

Fandoms
When listing your fandoms, it is recommended that you also look at other people's fandoms. This will ensure that you aren't forgetting any fandoms that other people want written, which will make matching people up a lot easier.

Max Rating
Choose from All, Youth, 13+, 17+, Adult, Adult+.

Length
This is a range. Choose from Any, 100-500, 500-1000, 1000-5000, 5000-10 000, 10 000+ words.

Spares
Signing up as a spare means that you will be responsible for filling out unanswered trades after the posting deadline has past. You will be put on the spares list and be contacted if there are any unanswered trades. Delegation of unanswered trades will be at random and spares will be responsible for completing it, regardless of whether they have any experience with the fandoms listed or not. We will try our best to delegate prompts to spares that are relevant to their interests (which is why we ask everyone to vary the fandoms of their prompts!). Spares will not be required to write anything over 1000 words, regardless of the length requested, unless if they chose to do so.

Betas
Signing up as a beta means that your beta profile will be posted in the Beta section of the thread. Participants will be allowed to contact you if they would like their story beta'd before they post their story. Anyone can sign up as a beta. Validated authors are strongly encouraged to sign up.
Last edited by Penguiduck on December 1st, 2012, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penguiduck

Postby Penguiduck » December 1st, 2012, 2:26 pm

Holiday Fic Trade Timeline

December 1 -- Registration starts.
December 10 -- Registration closes.
December 25 -- All fics (besides 5,000-10,000+) due.
December 27 -- Unanswered trades will be sent to spares.
December 31 -- Spares due, 5,000-20,000+ fics due.
January 6 -- Authors revealed.
Last edited by Penguiduck on December 5th, 2012, 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Penguiduck

Postby Penguiduck » December 1st, 2012, 2:30 pm

Application Form

Please copy and paste this form in your reply and fill out the necessary fields.
Refer to the Guidelines section of the thread for definitions. Thank you!

Code: Select all
[b]Luna username:[/b]
[b]Contact e-mail:[/b] (please use [at] and [dot] in order to avoid spambots; e.g. kerrigansheehan [at] yahoo [dot] com. If you feel uncomfortable with posting your email publicly, just PM it to Kerrigan Sheehan via the forum.)

[b]Prompts[/b] [i](Include idea, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words.  Indicate fandom and pairing for first three prompts and indicate whether the fourth prompt be a reader-insert or an OC story.)[/i]
[b]Prompt #1:[/b]
[i]Pairing:[/i]
[i]Fandom:[/i]
[i]Max rating:[/i]
[i]Length:[/i]

[b]Prompt #2:[/b]

[b]Prompt #3:[/b]

[b]Prompt #4:[/b] (this one should not include a fandom)
[i]Type:[/i] (reader-insert or OC story)

[b]Personal Profile[/b]
[b]Fandoms:[/b] (list a minimum of 5 fandoms you will write for)
[b]Max rating:[/b] (list max rating you will write)
[b]Max length:[/b] (list max length you will write)
[b]What I will not write:[/b]
[b]Validated or unvalidated?[/b] (choose your status)

[b]Extras[/b]
[b]Spare:[/b] (Yes/No)
[b]Beta:[/b] (Yes/No) (If not, omit Beta section.)

[b]Beta[/b]
[b]Public e-mail:[/b]
[b]Max rating you will read:[/b]
[b]Max length you will read:[/b]
Penguiduck

Postby Penguiduck » December 1st, 2012, 2:33 pm

Posting Guidelines

The following are posting guidelines for the Lunaescence 2012 Holiday Fic Trade. Pease be sure to read this carefully before you submit your story. Please note that there is no posting thread for this round.

1. Write for your prompt! Do it! (Please refrain from writing an A/N unless if absolutely necessary. This is to make things even more interesting!)

2. You may begin submitting stories to the site whenever you are ready. If you are a validated author, you will be given the password to the fictrade anon account, where you will be able to post. If you are an unvalidated author, you have two options:

a) Submit your fic to the queue, where it will be transferred to the anon account if it passes;
b) Get a validated beta-reader from the beta list, who will post your story for you after it has been edited.

3. Please add this form at the bottom of the summary of the story.

Prompt:
For:

[Written for Holiday Fic Trade 2012]

4. Once your story has been validated, email or PM Kerrigan Sheehan or Penguiduck with the following information. You must not post this information publicly, or else it will ruin the guessing game. There is no posting thread in this round to ensure that nobody accidentally reveals their identity!

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Profile URL:[/b]
[b]Story Name:[/b]
[b]Written for:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

5. All fics under 5,000 words are due on December 25th.
Unanswered trades will be sent to spares on December 27th.
All fics (those from spares and those that are 5,000+ words long) are due on December 31st. This deadline also applies to fics that exceed 5,000 words but had a prompt requesting a shorter length.

6. This step applies only to people who are doing stories over 5,000 words long. Please PM Kerrigan Sheehan or Penguiduck before December 25th if you are writing writing a story that exceeds 5,000 words, or if you'd like to request an extension.

This step is simply a measure to ensure that we do not accidentally send your prompt to a spare. When you do finish up your fic and get it validated, please remember to do Step 4.

7. If you are not able to make your deadline, please notify Kerrigan Sheehan or Penguiduck! You may do so by email or by PM. If you do not do this, then your prompt will be sent to a spare.

8. Once your form (Step 4) has been received, your story will be added to the series Lunaescence Holiday Fic Trade.

9. Now, guess that author! Please leave guesses in reviews and speculate among yourselves in the discussion thread. Guessing will go on until January 6th, which is when the identity of the author will be revealed. Check back on that date to see if you've correctly identified the author of a story.
Last edited by Penguiduck on December 5th, 2012, 2:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Penguiduck

Postby Penguiduck » December 1st, 2012, 2:35 pm

BETA LIST

AnonymousSong
Komori
LindleyJo
RyuseiStreamGirl

PARTICIPANT LIST

AnonymousSong
dark_wing19
Karena Williams
Kerrigan Sheehan
Komori
lazykitsunechan
LindleyJo
littleart425
Mozart
Mrs_Anonymous
Mrs. Kitty Corpse
Mylex
Pancakes
Pepe Le Pew
PerfectFourth
RyuseiStreamGirl
Shade
Siruru
Straw
Last edited by Penguiduck on December 11th, 2012, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penguiduck

Postby Penguiduck » December 1st, 2012, 2:38 pm

Reminders

It is strongly recommended that each prompt have a different fandom so as to allow a variety of choices to the author (or spare) completing your request. Each writer is only required to completely one prompt out of three/four.

Assignments will be sent on December 9. Story posting will start on December 16. Please wait until December 16 to post your story.

Stories submitted to the queue will still be subject to Lunaescence's posting policy.

All trades with a range of 100-5000 words will be due by December 25.
Unanswered trades of under 5000 words will be assigned to spares by December 27.
All trades with a range of over 5000 words will be due by December 31.

Please remember to update us on the status of your trade (i.e. whether you will need an extension or if your trade will be over 5000 words) before December 25, or else the prompts you have been put in charge of will be sent to a spare.

This is the Registration Thread for the Holiday Fic Trade.

For any comments or suggestions, or if you're just looking for a place to chat and hang around, the Discussion Thread is the place for you!
Last edited by Penguiduck on December 2nd, 2012, 10:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Penguiduck

Postby Penguiduck » December 1st, 2012, 2:41 pm

Registration for the Secret Santa beginning....NOW!

REGISTRATION START!

The party's on
The feelin's here
That only comes
This time of year
Penguiduck

Postby RyuseiStreamGirl » December 2nd, 2012, 9:06 pm

FIRST?!??!! <3

Luna username: RyuseiStreamGirl
Contact e-mail: ryuseistreamgirl [at] gmail [dot] com

Prompts Feel free to mix up Prompts and Fandoms~
Prompt #1: A relaxing Christmas.... NOT!
Pairing: Kougami Shinya x Reader
Fandom: Psycho-Pass
Max rating: Adult
Length: 1,000+

Prompt #2: You know.... You didn't have to do that *smiles*
Pairing: Hibari Kyouya x Reader
Fandom: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Prompt #3: I'm glad I'm alive right now.
Pairing: Lavi OR Kanda Yuu x Reader
Fandom: D.Gray-Man
Length: 500+

Prompt #4: ♪We wish you a Merry Christ--♪ STOP SINGING!!!
Type: Reader-Insert

Personal Profile
Fandoms: KHR, DGM, Bleach, Code:Breaker, Project K//K, Ao no Exorcist/Blue Exorcist, DRRR!!, SAO (I can try....), La Storia della Arcana Famiglia (anime only), xxxHolic, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Psycho-Pass (I can... try....)
[[ Will update and add more if I see any fandoms that I know I can write ]]
Max rating: 17+
Max length: 10,000
What I will not write: Smut, Yaoi/Yuri, Shonen-Ai/Shojo-ai, Explicit things, Rape, etc
Validated or unvalidated? D: Unvalidated

Extras
Spare: YES
Beta: YES

Beta
Public e-mail: (See above)
Max rating you will read: Adult
Max length you will read: Google-length
Last edited by RyuseiStreamGirl on December 3rd, 2012, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RyuseiStreamGirl

Postby dark_wing19 » December 3rd, 2012, 12:46 am

Luna username: dark_wing19
Contact e-mail: xxnekoxx [at] hotmail [dot] com

Prompts (Feel free to mix up the prompts and lengths.)
Prompt #1: Christmas carols...they're everywhere!
Pairing: (See list**)
Fandom: (See list**)
Max rating: 13+
Length: 100-500

Prompt #2: Meet me under the mistletoe~
Length: 500-1000

Prompt #3: Winter Wonderland
Length: 1000+

Prompt #4: The drummer boy knows the beat of my heart.
Type: Either
Length: 500-1000+

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Axis Powers Hetalia, Kingdom Hearts, Ouran High School Host Club, and Gundam Wing
Max rating: Adult+
Max length: 5000
What I will not write: Nothing, actually. I will attempt to write just about anything.
Validated or unvalidated? Validated

**Fandoms (and pairings) that I will read include: Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (Mukuro, Hibari, Xanxus, Gokudera, Dino, Shouichi, Colonello, Enma), Axis Powers Hetalia (Germany, America, Austria, Denmark, S.Italy, England), Ouran High School Host Club (Hikaru, Kaoru, Kyoya, Tamaki, Mori), Gundam Wing (Duo, Trowa, Heero, Quatre, Wufei, Zechs), Final Fantasy 7 (Zack, Cloud, Reno), Kingdom Hearts (Roxas, Axel, Sora, Riku), Bleach (Toshiro, Ichigo, Byakuya, Hisagi), Fruits Basket (Kyo, Hatsuharu, Hatori, Momiji, Shigure), Ghost Hunt (Houshou, Naru, Lin, John), Saiyuki (Sanzo, Hakkai, Gojyo, Goku, Kougaiji, Dokugakuji), Yu Yu Hakusho (Hiei, Yusuke, Kurama), and of course I'm always open for Original Fiction as well. All pairings can be either reader-insert or OC--the choice is yours!

Extras
Spare: No
Beta: No
dark_wing19

Postby Shade » December 3rd, 2012, 12:25 pm

Luna username: Shade
Contact e-mail: shade.2012 [at] live [dot] com

Prompts

Prompt #1: Cards were out of the question. But, what else could a duelist want for Christmas?
Pairing: Joey Wheeler x Reader
Fandom: Yu-Gi-Oh!
Length: 1000+

Prompt #2: "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire~ Jack Frost nipping at your nose~"
Pairing: Jack Frost x Reader
Fandom: Rise of the Guardians
Length: 500-1000

Prompt #3: "But... if you're a firebender... and Mako's a firebender... why don't we have a fire?!"
Pairing: Bolin x Reader
Fandom: Legend of Korra
Length: Any

Prompt #4: Mistletoe (and/or Snowflakes)
Type: Either

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Game of Thrones, Rise of the Guardians, Legend of Korra, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Ouran High School Host Club, Pokémon, Original
Max length: 5000
What I will not write: Lemons, Lime, AU, PWP, Slash, homosexual pairings
Validated

Extras
Last edited by Shade on December 9th, 2012, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shade

Postby Mylex » December 5th, 2012, 11:36 pm

Luna username: Mylex
Contact e-mail: thexerah [at] gmail [dot] com

Prompts
Prompt #1: But Baby I'll Have A Blue Christmas Without You
Pairing: Nico di Angelo x Reader.
Fandom: Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Heroes of Olympus.
Length: 500 - 1,000+

Prompt #2: Breath of Heaven
Pairing: Edward Nygma/Riddler x Reader
Fandom: Batman

Prompt #3: There Are Cracks In Our Foundations
Pairing: Netherlands x Reader
Fandom: Hetalia: Axis Powers
Length: 1,000 - 5,000+

Prompt #4: I Could Have Danced All Night
Length: 100 - 500+

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Hetalia: Axis Powers, Percy Jackson and The Olympians, Heroes of Olympus, Dandelion -Wishes Brought To You-, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy XII, Alice in the Country of Hearts, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Batman, Thor, The Avengers, InuBaka, Devil May Cry, Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness, Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Maximum Ride, Skip Beat, Pet Shop of Horrors, Pokemon, Original, Legends of Korra, Saiyuki, Ouran High School Host Club, Bleach, and Kingdom Hearts.
Max length: 10,000+
What I will not write: Rape.
Validated or unvalidated? Unvalidated.

Extras
Spare: No.
Beta: No.
Mylex

Postby Pepe Le Pew » December 6th, 2012, 5:29 am

Luna username: Pepe Le Pew
Contact e-mail: (please use [at] and [dot] in order to avoid spambots; e.g. kerrigansheehan [at] yahoo [dot] com. If you feel uncomfortable with posting your email publicly, just PM it to Kerrigan Sheehan via the forum.)

Prompts (Include idea, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words. Indicate fandom and pairing for first three prompts and indicate whether the fourth prompt be a reader-insert or an OC story.)

You can switch up the prompts and pairings if you want.

Prompt #1: Forgotten
Pairing: Sam or Dean/Reader
Fandom: Supernatural
Length: 500

Prompt #2: Dreams
Pairing: Reader/Canon
Fandom:See List
Max rating:Adult
Length: 1000

Prompt #3: Family
Pairing: Reader/Canon
Fandom: See List
Length: 500

Prompt #4: Traditions
Type: Reader Insert or OC
Length: 1000

Personal Profile
Fandoms: K, Psycho-Pass, Kuroko no Basket, D Gray-man (I'll give these a try). Harry Potter, KHR, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Supernatural,
Max length: 10 000
What I will not write: Lemons, rape, yaoi/yuri, incest, torture
Validated or unvalidated? validated

Extras
There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein. ~Walter Wellesley "Red" Smith

Credit to my sister for making me the lovely avatar!
Pepe Le Pew

Postby PoPiPoPancakes » December 6th, 2012, 5:45 am

Luna username: Pancakes
Contact e-mail: KrispyKrunchyDragons[at]yahoo[dot]com

Prompts
Prompt #1: Real is good? It's not so, I'll always answer no.
Pairing: Reader/Tsuna

Prompt #2: "...you're not Santa."
Pairing: Reader/Doctor
Fandom: Doctor Who

Prompt #3: Mistletoe
Pairing: [Mukuro/reader/Chrome]
Length: 2,000+

Prompt #4: It felt stupid to believe, but she did so anyway.
Type: OC
Length: 2,000+

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Doctor Who, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Fruits Basket, Fullmetal Alchemist, Sherlock (BBC), Elementary, Torchwood
Max length: 5,000+
What I will not write: Rape.

Extras
Spare: Yes
Last edited by PoPiPoPancakes on December 10th, 2012, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
PoPiPoPancakes

Postby PerfectFourth » December 6th, 2012, 4:03 pm

Luna username: PerfectFourth
Contact e-mail: tsu_chanb[at]yahoo[dot]com

Prompts (Include idea, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words. Indicate fandom and pairing for first three prompts and indicate whether the fourth prompt be a reader-insert or an OC story.)

Prompt #1: Better to give than to receive
Pairing: Reader/Sherlock (or Reader/John)
Fandom: Sherlock (BBC)

Prompt #2: A rose by any other name would smell as sweet~
Pairing: Reader/Tenth!Doctor
Fandom: Doctor Who

Prompt #3: Mistletoe is just an excuse
Pairing: Reader/Kurama
Fandom: Yu Yu Hakusho

Prompt #4: Finals Week

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Yu Yu Hakusho, Yugioh (original), Soul Eater, Black Blood Brothers, Devil May Cry, Kingdom Hearts, Doctor Who, Sherlock (BBC), Axis Powers Hetalia, Avengers, Iron Man, Thor, Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 9, Final Fantasy 13, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Nero Wolfe (does anyone else even know about this? lol)
Max length: 10000+
What I will not write: Lemon, Incest, Rape, Yaoi/Yuri
Extras
Spare: Yes
PerfectFourth

Next

Return to Locker Room