Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Dog Days of Summer Trade - Registration And Posting Thread

OOC Discussions for forum games. Post your character bios, discuss 1000 word challenges, challenge each other to a game. It's all good.

Dog Days of Summer Trade - Registration And Posting Thread

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » July 31st, 2012, 9:54 am

This is the last trade of the summer, guys. There will be a break in September for those of you who are likely to be busy returning to school. The next trade will be a Halloween trade in October.

For unvalidated authors worrying about the queue lock: It should be over by the time you get your assignments. I definitely don't foresee it still being locked when the assignments are due. Even if it is, I can personally "validate" your stories via email and post them for you around the lock. (Please note: this only applies to fic trade stories.)

What is fic trade?
Ever wanted to feel all fuzzy inside when someone wrote for you? Ever had an idea you wanted to write, but weren't able to do it yourself? Then you should enter the fic trade!

Who can particpate?
Everyone can participate in the Fic Trade, regardless of whether or not they have already posted stories on Lunaescence. The only exception applies to those who signed up in the last fic trade and failed to fulfill their assignments; these individuals are not allowed to participate in the current round.

Can unvalidated authors participate?
Although anyone can participate in the Fic Trade, unvalidated authors with stories that have been denied from the queue (or who have been asked to edit stories prior to validation) within the past month are recommended to find a beta for any stories written for the trade.

Registration and Posting Thread?
Posting doesn't start until a few days after registration ends, so it's just easier for me to organize things if I keep it all in one thread. I think it's probably easier for people to find the right thread as well.

Max Rating? Length?
Max Rating: Choose from All, Youth, 13+, 17+, Adult, Adult+.
Length: This is a range. Choose from Any, 100-500, 500-1000, 1000-5000, 5000-10 000, 10 000+ words. (Please don't pick all 10 000+. It's not very considerate, especially for newer writers who may not have written something that long before.)

Fandom? Pairing? What if I want to make that writer's choice?
We had questions about this last round, so it's now officially added to the rules. (Yay!)

Fandoms:
  • If you want to leave the fandom up to the writer, that's perfectly alright. Just write "Any" under fandom.
  • If you want to provide a fandom list for the author to choose from, put "See List" under fandom and put a list somewhere in your application.
  • If you want an original fiction story, state "Original Fiction" under fandom.

Pairings:
  • Since you can't specify a pairing without specifying a fandom, you have the following options if you choose to leave the fandom open: "Canon/Canon," "Canon/OC," "Canon/Reader," "Any," or "None."
  • If you want to leave the pairing up to the writer but are uncomfortable with OOC pairings or homosexual pairings, please make a note of that, as in "no shonen-ai" or "no OOC" or something like that.
  • Even if you do specify a fandom, you can always choose not to specify a pairing or to request a story with no specific pairing.
  • You can also, of course, request a story about one specific character with no specified pairing. For example, you could put "just write about John" under "Pairing" or you could switch it to "Character: John."

Basically...just customize the application as needed.

Please note: All authors must have one prompt (the fourth one) that is not specific to fandom. This is to accommodate original fiction writers and people who write for obscure fandoms who would otherwise be impossible to pair.

What is a prompt?
Prompts are meant to inspire stories rather than define them. They are not summaries, but are ideas. They can be a quotation, a single word, a brief phrase, or even a song, video, or image. In this trade, they're given for you.

Does my story need to have a summer theme?
No, it doesn't need to have a summer theme. It can have a summer theme, and it is even encouraged that it does. It is not required, however, so those of you in the southern hemisphere need not worry. I'm looking at you, South Africans, Kiwis, and Aussies...

Who is organizing it?
Kerrigan Sheehan is the moderator in charge of this current round. She will be the one responsible for distributing the request assignments after registration finishes on August 7th. Lunaescence's posting policy still applies.

Contact
Please don't hesitate from asking us questions or noting concerns! If you want to talk to me privately, however, it is highly recommended that you either PM via these forums or use the email listed below. There's a bug on the main site that sometimes prevents emails from getting through the "contact author" option.

Kerrigan Sheehan
- kerrigansheehan [at] yahoo [dot] com
- site account
- forum account
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on July 31st, 2012, 1:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I'm doing NaNoWriMo. I will start noticing things again when the little line fills up. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Re: Dog Days of Summer Trade - Registration And Posting Thre

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » July 31st, 2012, 9:57 am

Application Form

Please copy and paste this form in your reply and fill out the necessary fields.
Refer to the previous post for definitions. Thank you!

Code: Select all
[b]Luna username:[/b]
[b]Contact e-mail:[/b] (please use [at] and [dot] in order to avoid spambots; e.g. kerrigansheehan [at] yahoo [dot] com. If you feel uncomfortable with posting your email publicly, just PM it to Kerrigan Sheehan via the forum.)

[b]Prompts[/b] [i](Include idea, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words.  Indicate fandom and pairing for first three prompts and indicate whether the fourth prompt be a reader-insert or an OC story.)[/i]
[b]Prompt #1:[/b]
[i]Pairing:[/i]
[i]Fandom:[/i]
[i]Max rating:[/i]
[i]Length:[/i]

[b]Prompt #2:[/b]

[b]Prompt #3:[/b]

[b]Prompt #4:[/b]
[i]Type:[/i] (reader-insert or OC story)

[b]Personal Profile[/b]
[b]Fandoms:[/b] (list a minimum of 5 fandoms you will write for)
[b]Max rating:[/b] (list max rating you will write)
[b]Max length:[/b] (list max length you will write)
[b]What I will not write:[/b]
[b]Validated or unvalidated?[/b] (choose your status)

[b]Extras[/b]
[b]Spare:[/b] (Yes/No)
[b]Beta:[/b] (Yes/No) (If not, omit Beta section.)

[b]Beta[/b]
[b]Public e-mail:[/b]
[b]Max rating you will read:[/b]
[b]Max length you will read:[/b]
I'm doing NaNoWriMo. I will start noticing things again when the little line fills up. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » July 31st, 2012, 10:00 am

Posting Guidelines

1. Write for your prompt! Do it!

2. Submit your fic as you normally would. (Unvalidated authors -- If your prompt is in queue when the deadline is approaching, let a mod know.)

3. Please add this form at the bottom of the summary of the story.

Code: Select all
Prompt:
For:

[Written for the "Dog Days of Summer" Fic Trade, August 2012]

4. Let everyone know you've posted by leaving a link to your story in this thread. (You shouldn't be posting before I close registration anyway.) DO NOT edit your application with your posted story. I won't see it, so you won't get credit for it. Instead, post it as a new reply at the end of the thread after the post with the big text that says "Registration End. Posting Start."

5. If you are writing a fic over 5,000 words long and need an extension, let me know. If you don't tell me before the due date, your fic will be given to a spare.
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on July 31st, 2012, 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » July 31st, 2012, 10:03 am

Dog Days of Summer Trade Timeline

August 7th - Registration closes.
August 10th - By this date, you should have received your recipient.
August 21st - All fics under 5k due.
August 31st - All fics over 5k due.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » July 31st, 2012, 10:08 am

Registration Start.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby PoPiPoPancakes » August 1st, 2012, 6:51 am

Luna Username: Pancakes
Contact e-mail: KrispyKrunchyDragons[at]yahoo[dot]com
Prompt 1: 11:11
Pairing: Reader/Tsuna
Fandom: Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Max Rating: 17+
Length: 1,000+

Prompt 2: Midnight
Pairing: Reader/Akihiko Sanada
Fandom: Persona 3
Max Rating: 13+
Length: 1,000+

Prompt 3: Painless
Pairing: Reader/Allen
Fandom: D.Gray-man
Max Rating: 17+
Length: 2,000+

Prompt 4: Paper FLowers
Type: Reader-insert
Max Rating: 13+
Length: 100+

Personal Profile:
Fandoms: Ao No Exorcist, Persona 3, Persona 4, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Naruto, Fruits Basket, Deadman Wonderland, Heart no Kuni No Alice.
Max Rating: Adult+
Max Length: 15,000
What I will not write: I'm pretty much up for anything.
Validated Authoress

Extras:
Spare: Yes
PoPiPoPancakes

Postby Aiming For The Stars » August 2nd, 2012, 12:31 am

Luna username: Vally
Contact e-mail: xVallyx[at]MSN[dot]com, junneh-bunneh[at]live[dot]com, or junnehbunneh[at]gmail[dot]com.

Prompt #1: I'll Keep In Touch
Pairing: Reader x Death the Kid
Fandom: Soul Eater
Max rating: 17
Length: 3000

Prompt #2: Burn, Baby, Burn
Pairing: Reader x Mustang
Fandom: Full Metal Alchemist
Max rating: 17+
Length: 1000

Prompt #3: You're so close, so close and it's you that I believe in, I believe in. So, close, but far away, so far, I can't touch. I'll hold on. Cuz its you I love so dearly...
Type: HopexReader
Length: 1000-5000+

Prompt #4: Why Did You Have To Go?
Type: OC Story
Length: 5000

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Final Fantasy Series (VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII, Crisis Core, Tactics), Kingdom Hearts, YuGiOh!/GX, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Yu Yu Hakusho, Dr. Horrible, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Harvest Moon, Rune Factory 2, Pokemon, Soul Eater, Darker Than Black, XXXHolic, Beyblade, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Persona 3, Ace Attorney series, Ace Investigations.
Max rating: Adult+
Max length: Any
What I will not write: M-preg
Validated or unvalidated? Unvalidated

Extras
Spare: Yes.
Beta: No.
Last edited by Aiming For The Stars on August 8th, 2012, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aiming For The Stars

Postby AnonymousSong » August 2nd, 2012, 9:30 pm

Luna username: AnonymousSong
Contact e-mail: KingdomHeartsCutie [at] gmail [dot] com

Prompts (If you want to switch any of the prompts around with another fandom, that's fine! :D)

Prompt #1: Pick a star on the dark horizon and follow the light
Pairing: Canon/Canon
Fandom: Doctor Who
Length: 500+

Prompt #2: I'm now becoming my own self-fulfilled prophecy.
Pairing: Something with Jaime
Fandom: SOFAI/Games of Thrones

Prompt #3: If happy ever after did exist, I would still be holding you like this.
Pairing: Something with John please~
Fandom: Sherlock
Length: Any

Prompt #4: Every time I close my eyes, it's like a dark paradise
Type: Reader Insert
Max rating: Adult
Length: 1,000

Personal Profile
Fandoms: (*Read only/aka, I don't trust myself to actually write for this fandom but I would love to read something from it.)
Kingdom Hearts (Not 3D), Black Cat (manga), Fullmetal Alchemist (manga/Brotherhood), The Night Angel Trilogy, Teen Titans, Code Geass, The Hunger Games series, Song of Ice and Fire/ Games of Thrones (NOT Dance with Dragons), The World Ends with You, Doctor Who, The Avengers, Iron Man, Thor, BBC's Sherlock, Phantom of the Opera, Jumper, Repo! The Genetic Opera, *Avatar: The Last Airbender/ *Legend of Korra, *Inception, *The Walking Dead
Max rating: (to write) 17+ (to read) Adult+
Max length: 5,000
What I will not write: Yuri, Sex, etc.
Validated or unvalidated? Validated

Extras
Beta: Yes

Beta
Public e-mail: KingdomHeartsCutie [at] gmail [dot] com
Max rating you will read: Adult+
Max length you will read: Any
Last edited by AnonymousSong on August 3rd, 2012, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Roxas I know is long gone.
Fine. I see how it is."
Kioku Shiteru Ka?
AnonymousSong

Postby LindleyJo » August 2nd, 2012, 10:32 pm

Luna username: LindleyJo
Contact e-mail: LindleyJFritze [at] gmail [dot] com

Prompts

Prompt #1: Aren't you a little old for that?
Pairing: Reader x Spencer Reid
Fandom: Criminal Minds
Max rating: Adult +

Prompt #2: Smokin' (Hot)
Pairing: Reader x Jean Havoc
Fandom: Fullmetal Alchemist

Prompt #3: Here Be Dragons
Pairing: Reader x Charlie Weasley
Fandom: Harry Potter Series

Prompt #4: Heat Wave (aka: 100 degrees F/38 degrees C or HIGHER - yuck!)
Type: Reader Insert
Length: 100+

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Criminal Minds, Harry Potter, Ouran High School Host Club, Star Wars, Axis Powers Hetalia, Avengers/Marvel Universe, Saiyuki, Hunger Games, Inception, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra
Max length: 5000
What I will not write: I'll try to write almost anything, but that doesn't mean I'll be good at it...

Extras

Beta
Public e-mail: LindleyJFritze [at] gmail [dot] com
Max rating you will read: Adult +
Last edited by LindleyJo on August 3rd, 2012, 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
LindleyJo

Postby Koneko Mizuki » August 3rd, 2012, 12:11 am

whoever knows enough fandoms from this to complete it deserves a gold medal in fictrades

Luna username: Amadea Mozart (got a naaame chaaange)
Contact e-mail: jlewczynski [at] comcast [dot] net

Prompts

Prompt #1: And though the truth may vary, this ship will carry our bodies safe to shore.
Pairing: Reader x Any
Fandom: Inception

Prompt #2: Wake you up in the middle of the night to say, "I will never walk away again. I'm never gonna leave this bed."
Pairing: Reader x Sherlock Holmes
Fandom: BBC!Sherlock

Prompt #3: What are you waiting for? Take a bite of my heart tonight.
Pairing: Reader x Peter Parker
Fandom: Spider-Man (le Amazing Spider-Man)

Prompt #4: Human beings in a mob. What's a mob to a king? What's a king to a god? What's a god to a nonbeliever?
Length: 500-1000

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Avengers, Spider-man, Soul Eater, BBC!Sherlock, Hetalia, Prometheus, Cowboy Bebop, Inception, Durarara!!, Samurai Champloo, Trigun, No More Heroes, Legend of Korra, The Hunger Games, Ouran High School Host Club
Max length: ~3000
What I will not write: Yaoi/yuri, rape, incest, mpreg

Extras
Beta: No
"Writing is like driving at night in the fog. You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way."
-E.L. Doctorow

this username seems archaic now
Koneko Mizuki

Postby Kamisori » August 3rd, 2012, 1:23 am

Luna username: Kamisori
Contact e-mail: foxycasperson [at] gmail [dot] com

Prompts (Include idea, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words. Indicate fandom and pairing for first three prompts and indicate whether the fourth prompt be a reader-insert or an OC story.)

Prompt #1: Dirty Dancing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=mJvt-OfAA9c&NR=1)
Pairing: Kakashi x Reader
Fandom: Naruto

Prompt #2: Tooth Ache
Pairing: Sanji x Reader or Trafalgar Law x Reader
Fandom: One Piece

Prompt #3: "Don't Give a..." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg)
Pairing: Severus Snape x Reader
Fandom: Harry Potter
Length: 1000+

Prompt #4: The Birds, the bees, and the leaves in the trees.

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Naruto, One Piece, The Green Hornet, Ouran High School Host Club, Magical Starsign, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, Yu Yu Hakusho.
Max length: 1000 - 5000
What I will not write: Incest, Lemons, Hardcore limes, or Rape.

Extras
Spare: No
Last edited by Kamisori on August 3rd, 2012, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kamisori

Postby Almost_At_Times » August 3rd, 2012, 2:11 am

Almost_At_Times:
zizzaz[at]gmail[dot]coml:
Prompts (Include idea, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words. Indicate fandom and pairing for first three prompts and indicate whether the fourth prompt be a reader-insert or an OC story.)

Prompt #1: Red and white for blood cells. Red and white for wine.
Pairing: John/Sherlock
Fandom: Sherlock

Prompt #2: Almost, at times, the fool
Pairing: Aziraphale/Crowley
Fandom: Good Omens

Prompt #3: I am to see to it that I do not lose you
Pairing: Dean/Sam
Fandom: Supernatural
Length: 500-1000

Prompt #4: "Tell me your fear" "Okay its everyone here" (Quotations are just to separate the lines, its from a song. You don't have to use the exact wording)
Type: Canon/Canon

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Supernatural, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, BBC!Sherlock, Avengers (movieverse), Labyrinth, Good Omens, Star Trek (TOS or Nu!Trek)
Max rating: (list max rating you will write) Adult+
Max length: (list max length you will write) Any
What I will not write: Rape
Unvalidated

Note: Please no reader-inserts or main character OCs (side characters are fine if they're serving a purpose). I'm fine with writing them, but I'd rather not read them. Thanks!
Note2: If you have an idea for the prompts using one of the fandoms I listed as being willing to write for, go for it, although if possible I would prefer the ones listed in the prompt. Please email me though cause I might have an opinion about the pairing, although I'll probably be pretty happy with whatever.

Extras
Beta No
Last edited by Almost_At_Times on August 8th, 2012, 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Almost_At_Times

Postby moonbei » August 3rd, 2012, 4:29 pm

Luna username: Moonbei
Contact e-mail: MarleneThana [at] gmail [dot] com

Prompt #1: The flower which refuses to neither wither nor wilt.
Pairing: Kurama x Reader
Fandom: Yu Yu Hakusho

Prompt #2: Losing may not be so bad after all.
Pairing: Zoro x Reader

Prompt #3: If to slay a dragon, you must become a dragon slayer, then to slay a dragon slayer, you must become a dragon slayer-slayer?
Pairing: Gajeel x Reader
Fandom: Fairy Tail

Prompt #4: "Sakura" by Kobukuro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR_Z94-pb2w)

Personal Profile
Fandoms: One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fairy Tail, Black Bird, Noblesse, Skip Beat!, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Max length: ~3000
What I will not write: Incest, Lemons, Hardcore limes, Rape, Shounen Ai, Shoujo Ai, Yaoi, or Yuri.

*Note: I wouldn't mind if, in the first three prompts, "Reader" is exchanged for "OC." I warmly welcome OCs~

Extras
moonbei

Postby Komori » August 4th, 2012, 9:19 pm

Luna username: Komori
Contact e-mail: rahrahrahkitty[at]yahoo[dot]ca

Prompts

Prompt #1: Greeting Card
Pairing: Captain America/Reader
Fandom: Avengers
Length: 500-1000+

Prompt #2: White Tail
Pairing: Peter White/Reader
Fandom: Heart no Kuni no Alice

Prompt #3: Picnic Basket
Pairing:Sanji/Reader

Prompt #4: Dot Bikini
Type: Reader-insert or OC story

Personal Profile
Fandoms: KHR, Bleach, Inuyasha, DNAngel, Tokyo Mew Mew, Princess Princess, Spiral, Shugo Chara, Devil May Cry, Fruits Basket, Yugioh GX, Fairy Tail, Fullmetal Alchemist, Harry Potter, Supernatural, Criminal Minds, Avengers, Hunger Games
Max rating: Any
Max length: Any
What I will not write: Real Person, Incest

Extras

Beta
Public e-mail: rahrahrahkitty[at]yahoo[dot]ca
Max rating you will read: Any
Komori

Postby perfect-to-stay » August 5th, 2012, 1:05 pm

Luna username: perfect-to-stay
Contact e-mail: feels.like.laughing [at] gmail [dot] com

Prompts

(I don't know what's up with the rain prompts.... Maybe because excepting the last two days, it's been raining all summer where I'm at. ^_^;)

Prompt #1: The sun may brighten your day, but if I had my way, I'd take the rain. (Feel free to use just the lyric or the entire song as inspiration.)
Pairing: Canon x Reader | Canon x OC
Fandom: See "Cravings" list below. :)

Prompt #2: It's like, sometimes you wanna see the rain but the sun gets in your eyes. (Feel free to use just the lyric or the entire song as inspiration.)
Pairing: Canon x Reader

Prompt #3: Quit doing cute things! You're distracting me!
Pairing: Canon x Reader | Canon x OC

Prompt #4: "What's the difference between friendship and love, anyway?"
Type: Reader x OC would be lovely

Cravings: Ao no Exorcist [Rin | Yukio]; Baccano! [Luck | Firo]; Durarara!! [Kida | Mikado]; Fruits Basket [Yuki | Hatori]; Howl's Moving Castle [Howl]; Legend of Zelda [Link]; Natsume Yuujinchou [Natsume]; Ouran High School Host Club [Tamaki | Kaoru | Kyouya]; Professor Layton (no Last Specter spoilers, please!) [Layton | Clive]; Soul Eater [Soul]; Tales of Vesperia [Yuri]; Yu Yu Hakusho [Kurama | Jin | Touya]; Original Fiction/non-fandom

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Baccano!, Durarara!!, Fruits Basket, Howl's Moving Castle, Legend of Zelda, Natsume Yuujinchou, Ouran High School Host Club, Soul Eater, Yu Yu Hakusho
(I'll add more if others request additional fandoms I'm familiar with.)
Max length: 2000ish
What I will not write: Incest, lemons

Extras

Beta
Public e-mail: feels.like.laughing [at] gmail [dot] com
Max rating you will read: Adult
Last edited by perfect-to-stay on August 8th, 2012, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
perfect-to-stay

Next

Return to Locker Room