Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Only a Game Fic Trade - Registration And Posting Thread

OOC Discussions for forum games. Post your character bios, discuss 1000 word challenges, challenge each other to a game. It's all good.

Only a Game Fic Trade - Registration And Posting Thread

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » June 27th, 2012, 3:35 pm

Due to the site being down, the final due date is August 4th.

Because KS is feeling lazy today and doesn't want to have to create two threads while she's drafting the July announcements. (Spoiler Alert: KS is doing the July announcements.)

We're doing something a little different. Since you won't have anyone to write for until the registrations are over and you're paired, you get to post in the same thread as the registrations. This just condenses everything, and there will be a post with big, bold letters that explicitly states that registrations have ended and posting has begun.

What is fic trade?
Ever wanted to feel all fuzzy inside when someone wrote for you? Ever had an idea you wanted to write, but weren't able to do it yourself? Then you should enter the fic trade!

Who can particpate?
Everyone can participate in the Fic Trade, regardless of whether or not they have already posted stories on Lunaescence. The only exception applies to those who signed up in the last fic trade and failed to fulfill their assignments; these individuals are not allowed to participate in the current round.

Can unvalidated authors participate?
Although anyone can participate in the Fic Trade, unvalidated authors with stories that have been denied from the queue (or who have been asked to edit stories prior to validation) within the past month are recommended to find a beta for any stories written for the trade.

Max Rating? Length?
Max Rating: Choose from All, Youth, 13+, 17+, Adult, Adult+.
Length: This is a range. Choose from Any, 100-500, 500-1000, 1000-5000, 5000-10 000, 10 000+ words. (Please don't pick all 10 000+. It's not very considerate.)

What is a prompt?
Prompts are meant to inspire stories rather than define them. They are not summaries, but are ideas. They can be a quotation, a single word, a brief phrase, or even a song, video, or image. In this trade, they're given for you.

Does my story need to have a summer theme?
No, it doesn't need to have a summer theme. It can have a summer theme, and it is even encouraged that it does. It is not required, however, so those of you in the southern hemisphere need not worry. I'm looking at you, South Africans, Kiwis, and Aussies...

This is called the "Only a Game" trade? What does that mean? Does it need to have a video gaming theme? Do I need to write for a gaming fandom?
No. Again, the theme is a suggestion.

Games are, however, a very wide-open idea from which to draw inspiration, so it's suggested. How wide? Looking at video games alone, there's a great variety from kid-friendly Mario games to ultra-violent fighting games and first person shooters. Even MMORPG settings range from medieval fantasy in games like World of Warcraft to the distant future in games like Star Trek Online. Then, consider all of the non-video games out there. There's chess, backgammon, battleship, tic-tac-toe, Candy Land, Clue(do), Monopoly, etc. What about cards? Poker? Go Fish? Solitaire? Magic: The Gathering? Pokemon cards? Table top RPGs like Settlers of Catan and Dungeons and Dragons count too. What about those games you used to play as a kid? Cops and robbers, tag, hide and seek, and capture the flag are all games. Then there are sports like football (American or international), polo, baseball, tennis, and basketball that all, you guessed it, count as games. Even things like LARP, human chess, jousting, fencing, archery, and Airsoft count as games. I'm sure there are more. See what I mean about variety?

And if none of those work for you, you could always just draw inspiration from the idea that something is only a game...or you could just do it as a regular trade. It's up to you. I just needed a name for it, really, and that went with the August featured story theme...

Who is organizing it?
Kerrigan Sheehan is the moderator in charge of this current round. She will be the one responsible for distributing the request assignments after registration finishes on July 7th. Lunaescence's posting policy still applies.

Contact
Please don't hesitate from asking us questions or noting concerns! If you want to talk to me privately, however, it is highly recommended that you either PM via these forums or use the email listed below. There's a bug on the main site that sometimes prevents emails from getting through the "contact author" option.

Kerrigan Sheehan
- kerrigansheehan [at] yahoo [dot] com
- site account
- forum account
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on July 31st, 2012, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Re: Only a Game Fic Trade - Registration And Posting Thread

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » June 27th, 2012, 3:38 pm

Application Form

Please copy and paste this form in your reply and fill out the necessary fields.
Refer to the previous post for definitions. Thank you!

Code: Select all
[b]Luna username:[/b]
[b]Contact e-mail:[/b] (please use [at] and [dot] in order to avoid spambots; e.g. kerrigansheehan [at] yahoo [dot] com. If you feel uncomfortable with posting your email publicly, just PM it to Kerrigan Sheehan via the forum.)

[b]Prompts[/b] [i](Include idea, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words.  Indicate fandom and pairing for first three prompts and indicate whether the fourth prompt be a reader-insert or an OC story.)[/i]
[b]Prompt #1:[/b]
[i]Pairing:[/i]
[i]Fandom:[/i]
[i]Max rating:[/i]
[i]Length:[/i]

[b]Prompt #2:[/b]

[b]Prompt #3:[/b]

[b]Prompt #4:[/b]
[i]Type:[/i] (reader-insert or OC story)

[b]Personal Profile[/b]
[b]Fandoms:[/b] (list a minimum of 5 fandoms you will write for)
[b]Max rating:[/b] (list max rating you will write)
[b]Max length:[/b] (list max length you will write)
[b]What I will not write:[/b]
[b]Validated or unvalidated?[/b] (choose your status)

[b]Extras[/b]
[b]Spare:[/b] (Yes/No)
[b]Beta:[/b] (Yes/No) (If not, omit Beta section.)

[b]Beta[/b]
[b]Public e-mail:[/b]
[b]Max rating you will read:[/b]
[b]Max length you will read:[/b]
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » June 27th, 2012, 3:41 pm

Posting Guidelines

1. Write for your prompt! Do it!

2. Submit your fic as you normally would. (Unvalidated authors -- If your prompt is in queue when the deadline is approaching, let a mod know.)

3. Please add this form at the bottom of the summary of the story.

Code: Select all
Prompt:
For:

[Written for the "Only a Game" Fic Trade, July 2012]

4. Let everyone know you've posted by leaving a link to your story in this thread. (You shouldn't be posting before I close registration anyway.) DO NOT edit your application with your posted story. I won't see it, so you won't get credit for it. Instead, post it as a new reply at the end of the thread after the post with the big text that says "Registration End. Posting Start."

5. If you are writing a fic over 5,000 words long and need an extension, let me know. If you don't tell me before the due date, your fic will be given to a spare.
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on July 31st, 2012, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » June 27th, 2012, 3:46 pm

Only a Game Trade Timeline

July 7th - Registration closes.
July 10th - By this date, you should have received your recipient.*
July 21st - All fics under 5k due.
July 31st - All fics over 5k due.
August 4th - Final due date, due to site outage.

*KS' husband should be helping with the pairing that weekend...or at least keeping the cats off of the paperwork.
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on July 31st, 2012, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » June 27th, 2012, 3:48 pm

Participant List

AnonymousSong
Apharine
cigspiring
crazynekokitten
dark_wing19
Fayloic
jurassic-nark
Kamisori
Karena Williams
Kikula
Koneko Mizuki
Mrs_Anonymous
perfect-to-stay
SharpShinyPickle
Siruru
Vally
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on July 31st, 2012, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » June 27th, 2012, 4:11 pm

Registration Start.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby dark_wing19 » June 28th, 2012, 7:06 pm

A quick question before I sign up. On the first three prompts, do we have to include specific pairings and fandoms, or can they just be generalized? Say we have an idea that would make an awesome prompt, but there are multiple fandoms that it could apply for, could we put 'any'? Same goes for pairings--can we list the fandom we wish and then just put 'any' for the pairing? I know some people like specific things, but others might not be familiar with that particular fandom or pairing, but they would really like to use that prompt.
dark_wing19

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » June 28th, 2012, 7:50 pm

If you want to, that's perfectly fine. I love that idea. It's what I've done in the past because I'm an OF writer (I've never actually become familiar enough with any one fandom to even get ideas about it.) who reads odd fandoms (either older or just not that popular), so the chance of being able to match me up based on fandoms is pretty low.

As long as one prompt has no fandom attached (so OF and obscure fandom people can participate), you can do whatever you want. More than four? Sure. Asking for a non-romantic story? Great. Not specifying fandom or pairing? That's fine too. You might want to indicate if you want a Canon/Canon pairing, OC/Canon pairing, or Reader/Canon pairing if you have any preference there, though.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby dark_wing19 » June 28th, 2012, 9:10 pm

Luna username: dark_wing19
Contact e-mail: xxnekoxx[at]hotmail[dot]com

Prompts (Include idea, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words. Indicate fandom and pairing for first three prompts and indicate whether the fourth prompt be a reader-insert or an OC story.)
Prompt #1: A Masquerade Night of Clue
Pairing: Canon/Canon, OC/Canon, or Reader/Canon
Fandom: Any
Max rating: Adult
Length: 1000-5000+

Prompt #2: Character Chess
Pairing: Reader/Canon or Canon/Canon (or no pairing at all)
Fandom: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Durarara!!!, or OF
Length: 1000-5000

Prompt #3: "You can't read my poker face."
Pairing: Reader/Canon
Length: 100-500

Prompt #4: Cops and Robbers
Type: Reader Insert
Length: 500-1000

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Gundam Wing, Ouran High School Host Club, Hetalia, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy 7, Bleach, Fruits Basket
Max length: 1000-5000(+)
What I will not write: Lemons (just because I'm not quite familiar with writing them yet.)
Validated or unvalidated? Unvalidated

Extras
Spare: Yes--If I get my own prompt out in time.
Beta: Yes

Beta
Public e-mail: xxnekoxx[at]hotmail[dot]com
Max rating you will read: Adult+
Max length you will read: 1000-5000
dark_wing19

Postby Kamisori » June 30th, 2012, 8:49 pm

Luna username: Kamisori
Contact e-mail: lighting_is_my_element[at]yahoo[dot]com

Prompts (Include idea, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words. Indicate fandom and pairing for first three prompts and indicate whether the fourth prompt be a reader-insert or an OC story.)
Prompt #1: In the game of love, I'm taking on the final boss.
Pairing: Sanji x Reader, Zoro x Reader, or Brook x Reader
Fandom: One Piece
Length: 1000+

Prompt #2: A Childhood Game
Pairing: Iruka Umino
Fandom: Naruto

Prompt #3: We made it to another summer.
Pairing: [Mokka x Reader] or [Matthew x Reader or Amiti x Reader]
Fandom: Magical Starsign or Golden Sun
Length: 500+

Prompt #4: Flash of the Blade
Type: Reader-insert
Max rating: 17+

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Naruto, One Piece, The Avengers, Pokemon, Magical Starsign, Harry Potter, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu Yu Hakusho, Flame of Recca, Shaman King, The Green Hornet, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Golden Sun (Dark Dawn).
Max length: 1,000-5,000
What I will not write: Lemons, Explicit Limes, Serious Yaoi, or Serious Yuri. (But light/hinted Yaoi and Yuri just for humor is acceptable!)
Validated or unvalidated? Validated

Extras
Spare: No (I would, but I'm worried that I'll get them in August. I'll be busy then.)
Beta: No
Kamisori

Postby perfect-to-stay » June 30th, 2012, 10:16 pm

Luna username: perfect-to-stay
Contact e-mail: feels.like.laughing [at] gmail [dot] com

Prompts
Prompt #1: Bridge across forever.
Pairing: Reader x Link
Fandom: Legend of Zelda

Prompt #2: Another one bites the dust.
Pairing: Reader x Yuri Lowell (I will love you for-freaking-ever if you do this one ^_^)
Fandom: Tales of Vesperia

Prompt #3: Unbecoming of a lady.
Pairing: Reader x Hershel Layton (also a love-you-forever one)
Fandom: Professor Layton

Prompt #4: Not until I finish this crossword puzzle!
Type: Reader x OC (or no pairing is also fine)

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Ao no Exorcist, Baccano!, Durarara!!, Eden of the East, Howl's Moving Castle, Legend of Zelda, Munto, Ouran High School Host Club, Professor Layton (except the Last Specter), Soul Eater, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Vesperia, Yu Yu Hakusho
In a pinch, I can write: Avatar: The Last Airbender, Avatar: Legend of Korra, Black Cat, DNAngel, Fruits Basket, Naruto, Naruto Shippuden (up to episode 92), Natsume Yuujinchou, Tiger and Bunny, The World Ends With You
Max length: 5000
What I will not write: Lemons.
Validated or unvalidated? Validated.

Extras
Spare: Yes, if needed.
Beta: Yes.

Beta
Public e-mail: feels.like.laughing [at] gmail [dot] com
Max rating you will read: Adult
Max length you will read: No limit.
perfect-to-stay

Postby Siruru » June 30th, 2012, 11:13 pm

Luna username: siruru
Contact e-mail: scarlet[dot]mimori[at]gmail[dot]com

Prompt #1: Love is just a game.
Pairing: Any or None at all

Prompt #2: Childish games are played in order to momentarily forget reality.
Pairing: Any or None at all
Max rating: 13+

Prompt #3: A girl is a person who screams at the mouse and smiles at the wolf.
Pairing: Reader/Canon

Prompt #4: The most important piece on this board and in life is the queen.
Type: Reader/OC

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Bleach, Kingdom Hearts, D.Gray-Man, Death Note, Pandora Hearts, Hakuouki, Heart no Kuni no Alice, Naruto, & Kingdom Hearts
Max length: 1000-3000
What I will not write: any sexual content, yaoi/yuri, incest, rape, m-preg

Extras
Spare:Yes
Siruru

Postby Fayloic » July 1st, 2012, 9:55 am

Luna username: Fayloic
Contact e-mail: fayloic [at] gmail [dot] com

Prompts
Prompt #1: "Smile like you mean it."
Pairing: Reader x Sephiroth
Fandom: Final Fantasy VII
Length: Any

Prompt #2: Household Items
Pairing: Reader x Theodore (or) Reader x Akihiko Sanada
Fandom: Persona 3

Prompt #3: Error! Error!
Pairing: Reader x Teru Mikami
Fandom: Death Note

Prompt #4: Friendly Fire
Type: Reader-Insert

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Final Fantasy (VII, Crisis Core, Advent Children, XIII), Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Ace Attorney Series (excluding Apollo Justice), Devil May Cry, Persona 3, RE: Alistair++, Tokimeki Memorial (Girl's Side 1st Love), Uta no Prince-sama, Kuroshitsuji, Death Note
Max length: 1000-5000
What I will not write: Yaoi/Yuri/Shonen-ai/Shojo-ai involving two or more canon characters paired together, lemons, and limes.

Extras
Spare: No

Beta
Public e-mail: fayloic [at] gmail [dot] com
Max rating you will read: 17+
Max length you will read: Any length. :3
Fayloic

Postby jurassic-nark » July 1st, 2012, 10:51 am

Luna username: jurassic-nark
Contact e-mail: jurassic[dot]nark[at]yahoo[dot]com

Prompt #1: "Bad Case of Loving You" by Robert Palmer (song)
Pairing: Trafalgar Law x reader
Fandom: One Piece

Prompt #2: Staring Contest
Pairing: Reader x Zoro OR Reader x Gokudera OR Reader x Mugen
Fandom: One Piece OR Katekyo Hitman Reborn OR Samurai Champloo
Length: 100-500

Prompt #3: Rugby: A Hooligan's Game Played by Gentlemen
Pairing: reader x England (Arthur Kirkland)
Fandom: Axis Powers Hetalia

Prompt #4: The Quiet Game
Type: Reader-insert
Length: 1000-5000

Personal Profile
Fandoms: One Piece, Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Ouran High School Host Club, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Avatar: the Legend of Korra, The Avengers, Cowboy Bebop, Prince of Tennis, Samurai Champloo, Harry Potter, Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda
Max length: 5000 words
What I will not write: Extreme violence (some is ok), suicide, character death, extreme angst. Yaoi,yuro, incest or non-consensual sexual acts. (I'm not averse to writing smut but I've never written it before.)
Validated or unvalidated? Unvalidated.

Extras
Spare: Yes

Beta N/A
Public e-mail: N/A
Max rating you will read: N/A
Max length you will read: N/A
jurassic-nark

Postby AnonymousSong » July 2nd, 2012, 1:00 am

Luna username: AnonymousSong
Contact e-mail: KingdomHeartsCutie[at]gmail[dot]com

Prompts
(If you think one of the prompts matches another fandom/pairing, go ahead and change it around if you want~)

Prompt #1: "Is this love?" "Love is for children."
Pairing: Preferably Jaime x Reader/OC but any is fine
Fandom: SOIAF/Games of Thrones
Max rating: Adult+
Length: 100+

Prompt #2: These games that we play
Pairing: Loki x Reader/OC
Fandom: Avengers/Thor/Marvel

Prompt #3: It's all about your aim
Pairing: Captain Jack Harkness x Reader/OC
Fandom: Doctor Who
Length: 100+

Prompt #4: And so started a classic round of strip poker
Type: Reader or OC, either is cool~

Personal Profile
Fandoms: (*Read only/aka, I don't trust myself to actually write for this fandom but I would love to read something from it.)
Any and all Kingdom Hearts, Black Cat (manga), Fullmetal Alchemist (manga/Brotherhood), The Night Angel Trilogy, Teen Titans, Code Geass, The Hunger Games series, Song of Ice and Fire/ Games of Thrones (NOT Dance with Dragons), The World Ends with You, Doctor Who (9th and 10th Doctor only), The Avengers (I'm currently kind of sort of obsessed with Loki soooooo), *Avatar: The Last Airbender/ *Legend of Korra, *Inception, *The Walking Dead
Max length: 5,000
What I will not write: Sexual things, yuri

Extras
Spare: Yes

Beta
Public e-mail: KingdomHeartsCutie[at]gmail[dot]com
Max rating you will read: Adult+
Max length you will read: Any
"The Roxas I know is long gone.