Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Double-Header Prompt List Trade: Registration Thread

OOC Discussions for forum games. Post your character bios, discuss 1000 word challenges, challenge each other to a game. It's all good.

Double-Header Prompt List Trade: Registration Thread

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » April 28th, 2012, 4:17 am

Now with condensed general information, since we've had a bunch of rounds already. Most of this is copypasted and condensed from earlier fic trades. New stuff in red.

This is the signup thread.
Q&A from the summer is here.
Chat thread is here.
Posting thread is here

What is fic trade?
Ever wanted to feel all fuzzy inside when someone wrote for you? Ever had an idea you wanted to write, but weren't able to do it yourself? Then you should enter the fic trade!

What is a prompt list trade?
A prompt list trade is where you're matched purely by fandom, and all of the prompts come from a communal pool devised by the mods. (Warning: some prompts may be shamelessly stolen from past fic trades.) The WRITER chooses the prompt they use, not the recipient.

That...is a huge list. How many prompts do I have to answer?
Only one out of the list of twenty-five.

Who can particpate?
Everyone can participate in the Fic Trade, regardless of whether or not they have already posted stories on Lunaescence. The only exception applies to those who signed up in the last fic trade and failed to fulfill their assignments; these individuals are not allowed to participate in the current round.

Can unvalidated authors participate?
Although anyone can participate in the Fic Trade, unvalidated authors with stories that have been denied from the queue (or who have been asked to edit stories prior to validation) within the past month are recommended to find a beta for any stories written for the trade.

Max Rating? Length?
Max Rating: Choose from All, Youth, 13+, 17+, Adult, Adult+.
Length: This is a range. Choose from Any, 100-500, 500-1000, 1000-5000, 5000-10 000, 10 000+ words. (Please don't pick all 10 000+. It's not very considerate.)

What is a prompt?
Prompts are meant to inspire stories rather than define them. They are not summaries, but are ideas. They can be a quotation, a single word, a brief phrase, or even a song, video, or image. In this trade, they're given for you.

Does my story need to have a summer theme?
No, it doesn't need to have a summer theme. It can have a summer theme, and it is even encouraged that it does. It is not required, however, so those of you in the southern hemisphere need not worry. I'm looking at you, South Africans, Kiwis, and Aussies...

Who is organizing it?
Kerrigan Sheehan is the moderator in charge of this current round. She will be the one responsible for distributing the request assignments after registration finishes on May 10th. Lunaescence's posting policy still applies.

Contact
Please don't hesitate from asking us questions or noting concerns! If you want to talk to me privately, however, it is highly recommended that you either PM via these forums or use the email listed below. There's a bug on the main site that sometimes prevents emails from getting through the "contact author" option.

Kerrigan Sheehan
- kerrigansheehan [at] yahoo [dot] com
- site account
- forum account

You can also use the chat thread or check the Q&A Thread.[/quote]
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on May 30th, 2012, 9:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Re: Double-Header Prompt List Trade: Registration Thread

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » April 28th, 2012, 4:24 am

Application Form

Please copy and paste this form in your reply and fill out the necessary fields. Do not include any prompts.

Code: Select all
[b]Luna username:[/b]
[b]Contact e-mail:[/b] (please use [at] and [dot] in order to avoid spambots; e.g. kerrigansheehan [at] yahoo [dot] com. If you feel uncomfortable with posting your email publicly, just PM it to Kerrigan Sheehan via the forum.)

[b]Reading Profile[/b]
[b]Fandoms:[/b]
[b]Max rating:[/b]
[b]What I will not read:[/b]

[b]Writing Profile[/b]
[b]Fandoms:[/b]
[b]Max rating:[/b]
[b]Max length:[/b]
[b]What I will not write:[/b]
[b]Validated or unvalidated?[/b] (choose your status)

[b]Extras[/b]
[b]Spare:[/b] (Yes/No)
[b]Beta:[/b] (Yes/No) (If not, omit Beta section.)

[b]Beta[/b]
[b]Public e-mail:[/b]
[b]Max rating you will read:[/b]
[b]Max length you will read:[/b]
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » April 28th, 2012, 4:27 am

Posting Guidelines

1. Write for your prompt! Do it!

2. Submit your fic as you normally would. (Unvalidated authors -- If your prompt is in queue when the deadline is approaching, let a mod know.)

3. Please add this form at the bottom of the summary of the story.

Code: Select all
Prompt:
For:

[Written for Prompt List Trade June 2012]

4. Let everyone know you've posted by leaving a link to your story in the posting thread.

5. This step applies only to people who are doing stories over 5,000 words long. Please PM Kerrigan Sheehan before June 18th if you are writing writing a story that exceeds 5,000 words, or if you'd like to request an extension.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » April 28th, 2012, 4:33 am

Prompt List Trade Timeline

June 10 -- Registration closes.
June 13 -- Assignments sent.
June 21 -- All fics under 5k due.
June 30 -- Spares due, 5k+ fics due.
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on June 11th, 2012, 11:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » April 28th, 2012, 4:48 am

Prompt List

(Disclaimer, some prompts were taken from the challenge section and from past fic trades.)

• Violinists/Cellists/insertothermusicianhere are hot
  • Beauty and the Beast/Beauty is in the Eyes of the Beholder
  • *insert card or board game here* (ex. Bridge, Poker, Battleship, Monopoly)
  • No Rest for the Wicked
  • Bad Roommates/Neighbors
  • You want to be a hero?/Let me be Your Hero
  • Make Believe
  • Friendly Fire/Soldier's Duty/Love and War
  • Three Sheets to the Wind
  • The Lonely Path
  • The Prince/Princess and the Pauper
  • Here There Be Dragons
  • Opposites Attract
  • My Weapon Is Bigger Than Yours
  • Prince Not-So Charming
  • Not Now, Lass!
  • It's Just a Flesh Wound!
  • Off With Her Head!
  • As...You...Wish!
  • Hope the Crown Fits!
  • I Don't Want a Fairytale
  • School Days/Dorm Life
  • There's no time like the present, but I prefer past tense.
  • Death is only the beginning.
  • All the lonely people, where do they all belong?

What do the slashes mean?
It means there is more than one related option on that prompt, since certain things might work better for certain fandoms or characters. Of course, if you want to take that as a challenge to incorporate more than one, nobody's stopping you.

Insert Here?
I'm not going to list every single card and board game out there, nor am I going to list every single type of musician. Writer's choice as to which game/instrumentalist.
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on April 28th, 2012, 6:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » April 28th, 2012, 6:08 am

Participant List

Akira
AnonymousSong
dark_wing19
Dark Ceray
Dog
Kerrigan Sheehan
Koneko Mizuki
Lucky107
Pepe Le Pew
Purged of Sin
RyuseiStreamGirl
Shade
Siruru
StrawChan
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on June 11th, 2012, 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » April 28th, 2012, 6:28 am

REGISTRATION START
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Pepe Le Pew » May 1st, 2012, 9:33 am

Luna username: Pepe Le Pew
Contact e-mail:

Reading Profile
Fandoms: Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Supernatural, Bleach, The Mentalist, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Fairy Tail
Max rating: Adult+
What I will not read: Extremely gory stuff

Writing Profile
Fandoms: Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Bleach, Supernatural, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Mentalist
Max rating: 17+
Max length: 10, 000
What I will not write: Lemons, yaoi/yuri/Shounen-ai/Shoujo-ai,rape, m-preg and incest.
Validated or unvalidated? Validated

Extras
Spare: No
Beta: No

Beta
Public e-mail:
Max rating you will read:
Max length you will read:

:happydance: I AM THE FIRST~!
Last edited by Pepe Le Pew on May 30th, 2012, 11:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein. ~Walter Wellesley "Red" Smith

Credit to my sister for making me the lovely avatar!
Pepe Le Pew

Postby StrawChan » May 1st, 2012, 10:25 am

Luna username: StrawChan
Contact e-mail: bookity[at]hotmail[dot]con

Reading Profile
Fandoms: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Fruits Basket, Ouran High School Host Club, Black Butler (manga only), Final Fantasy XII, Kingdom Hearts, The Infernal Devices, The Avengers (2012 Movie-verse)
What I will not read: Graphic limes, lemons, real person fiction, m-preg, rape, incest

Writing Profile
Fandoms: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Soul Eater, Fruits Basket, Ouran High School Host Club, Black Butler (manga only), Final Fantasy XII, Kingdom Hearts, The Infernal Devices, Harry Potter, The Avengers (2012 Movie-verse)
Max length: 7,000
What I will not write: Graphic limes, lemons, real person fiction, m-preg, rape, incest
What I will write: Shojo-Ai, Shonen-Ai

Extras
Last edited by StrawChan on May 30th, 2012, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Set your heart on victory.
StrawChan

Postby dark_wing19 » May 1st, 2012, 2:25 pm

Luna username: dark_wing19
Contact e-mail: xxnekoxx [at] hotmail [dot] com

Reading Profile
Fandoms: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Bleach, Fruits Basket, Ouran High School Host Club, Saiyuki, Durarara!!, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Final Fantasy 7, Kingdom Hearts
Max rating: Adult
What I will not read: M-preg

Writing Profile
Fandoms: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Bleach, Kingdom Hearts, Ouran High School Host Club, Fruits Basket
Max length: 1000-5000
What I will not write: Shonen-ai, Shoujo-ai
Validated or unvalidated? Unvalidated

Extras
Spare: If I manage to complete the first one, then yes.
Beta: Yes.

Beta
Public e-mail: xxnekoxx [at] hotmail [dot] com
Max rating you will read: Adult
Max length you will read:5000
dark_wing19

Postby AnonymousSong » May 1st, 2012, 3:38 pm

Luna username: AnonymousSong
Contact e-mail: KingdomHeartsCutie [at] gmail [dot] com

Reading Profile
Fandoms: Any and all Kingdom Hearts, Black Cat (manga), Fullmetal Alchemist (manga/Brotherhood), The Night Angel Trilogy, Teen Titans, Avatar: The Last Airbender/ Legend of Korra, Code Geass, The Hunger Games series, Assassin's Creed (1, 2, and Brotherhood ONLY), Song of Ice and Fire/ Games of Thrones (NOT Dance with Dragons), The Walking Dead, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Studio Ghibli, Phantom of the Opera, Clannad, Tengen Toppa Gurren Laagan, The World Ends with You, Inception, Doctor Who (9th and 10th Doctor only) (List to be edited as more people post)
What I will not read: I'll read anything xD

Writing Profile
Fandoms: Any and all Kingdom Hearts, Black Cat (manga), Fullmetal Alchemist (manga/Brotherhood), The Night Angel Trilogy, Teen Titans, Avatar: The Last Airbender/ Legend of Korra, Code Geass, The Hunger Games series, Song of Ice and Fire/ Games of Thrones (NOT Dance with Dragons), The Walking Dead, The World Ends with You, Inception, Doctor Who (9th and 10th Doctor only) (List to be edited as more people post)
Max length: Any
What I will not write: Yaoi, Yuri, sexy time
Validated or unvalidated? Validated~

Extras
Spare: Yes!
Beta: Yes

Beta
Public e-mail: KingdomHeartsCutie [at] gmail [dot] com
Max rating you will read: Adult+
Max length you will read: Any
Last edited by AnonymousSong on May 30th, 2012, 8:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
"The Roxas I know is long gone.
Fine. I see how it is."
Kioku Shiteru Ka?
AnonymousSong

Postby Lucky107 » May 1st, 2012, 3:53 pm

Luna username: Lucky107
Contact e-mail: BKazooie [at] hotmail [dot] com

Reading Profile
Fandoms: 07-Ghost, Angel Beats!, Ao no Exorcist, Baccano!, Black Rock Shooter, Bus Gamer, C: Control, Deadman Wonderland, Dogs: Bullets & Carnage, Durarara!!, Eden of the East, Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon, Hakuouki, Harvest Moon, Heart no Kuni no Alice, Karneval, Kimi to Boku, Kuroshitsuji, La Corda d'Oro, Lamento: Beyond the Void, Library Wars: Love and War, Loveless, Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, Nabari no Ou, No. 6, Pandora Hearts, Persona 3, Persona 4, Princess Princess, Rozen Maiden, Shugo Chara, Star Driver, Starry Sky, Sukisho, Switch, Tegami Bachi, Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann, The World Ends with You, Tiger & Bunny, Togainu no Chi, Tokyo Mew Mew, Trinity Blood, Tsuritama, Uta no Prince-sama, Vampire Knight, Working!!
What I will not read: Keeping it within the max rating (17+), there isn't much I won't read (:

Writing Profile
Fandoms: 07-Ghost, Angel Beats!, Ao no Exorcist, Baccano!, Black Rock Shooter, Bus Gamer, C: Control, Deadman Wonderland, Dogs: Bullets & Carnage, Durarara!!, Eden of the East, Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon, Hakuouki, Harvest Moon, Heart no Kuni no Alice, Karneval, Kimi to Boku, Kuroshitsuji, La Corda d'Oro, Lamento: Beyond the Void, Library Wars: Love and War, Loveless, Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, Nabari no Ou, No. 6, Pandora Hearts, Persona 3, Persona 4, Princess Princess, Rozen Maiden, Shugo Chara, Star Driver, Starry Sky, Sukisho, Switch, Tegami Bachi, Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann, The World Ends with You, Tiger & Bunny, Togainu no Chi, Tokyo Mew Mew, Trinity Blood, Tsuritama, Uta no Prince-sama, Vampire Knight, Working!!
Max length: 1000 - 5000
What I will not write: Real person fiction, graphic limes and lemons (mind you, max rating is 17+), and probably not a whole lot of romance... haha |D

Extras
Spare: Yes, of course
Beta: No, I'm sorry (I could probably use a Beta of my own, haha!)

It's been a while, but I thought I'd join one of these again ~ If only for that Eleanor Rigby prompt <3

[EDIT] To add the Tsuritama which was just added as a category on Luna like... yesterday ~
Last edited by Lucky107 on May 2nd, 2012, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's no time like the present.
Lucky107

Postby Purged of Sin » May 1st, 2012, 4:34 pm

Luna username: Purged of Sin
Contact e-mail: ladylou5000 [at] hotmail [dot] com

Reading Profile
Fandoms: Baccano!, Code Geass, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Elfen Lied, Fragile Dreams, Gundam 00, Gundam AGE, Gundam SEED, Harvest Moon, Karas, No. 6, Mahoromatic, Original, Saishu Heiki Kanojo, Tegami Bachi, Warriors
What I will not read: There's nothing I won't read. (:

Writing Profile
Fandoms: Baccano!, Code Geass, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Elfen Lied, Fragile Dreams, Gundam 00, Gundam AGE, Gundam SEED, Harvest Moon, Karas, No. 6, Mahoromatic, Original, Saishu Heiki Kanojo, Tegami Bachi, Warriors
Max length: 5000
What I will not write: Lemons, limes, crack

Extras
Spare: Yes

I hate to do this, but if possible, can Lucky107 and I not be paired up with each other? We're twin sisters in real life, and we've both ended up writing for each other in past Fic Trades. If there isn't anyone else, I will write for her, and she'll do likewise, but it would be more exciting if we were paired up with other people. Thanks!
Last edited by Purged of Sin on May 30th, 2012, 9:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Purged of Sin

Postby Koneko Mizuki » May 1st, 2012, 7:24 pm

Luna username: Koneko Mizuki
Contact e-mail: jlewczynski [at] comcast [dot] net

Reading Profile
Fandoms: Hetalia, DRRR!!, Trigun, Samurai Champloo, Ouran High School Host Club, Inception, Soul Eater, Eden of the East, No More Heroes, Hunger Games, Persona 4, Howl's Moving Castle, Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei, Absolute Boyfriend, Harry Potter, Death Note, Inglorious Basterds, No Country for Old Men, Sherlock, The Avengers
What I will not read: Yaoi/yuri, incest, rape, m-preg

Writing Profile
Fandoms: Hetalia, DRRR!!, Trigun, Samurai Champloo, Ouran High School Host Club, Inception, Soul Eater, No More Heroes, Hunger Games, Absolute Boyfriend, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Captain America, The Avengers
Max length: 1000-5000
What I will not write: Yaoi/yuri, incest, rape, m-preg

Extras
Spare: Yes
Last edited by Koneko Mizuki on May 31st, 2012, 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Writing is like driving at night in the fog. You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way."
-E.L. Doctorow

this username seems archaic now
Koneko Mizuki

Postby Akira » May 1st, 2012, 8:32 pm

Luna username: Akira
Contact e-mail: sleepy [dot] akira [at] gmail [dot] come

Reading Profile
Fandoms: Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Harry Potter, Full Metal Alchemist, Natsume Yuujinchou, Yu-Gi-Oh, Prince of Tennis, BLEACH, Spirited Away, Black Cat, Hunter x Hunter, Inazuma Eleven, Ao no Exorcist, Amatsuki, Fairy Tail, Inception, Young Justice, Batman, Ironman, Captain America, 07-Ghost, Devil May Cry, Hakuouki
What I will not read: Yuri/Shoujo-Ai, Mpreg, Incest

Writing Profile
Fandoms: Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Harry Potter, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu-Gi-Oh, Prince of Tennis, Hakuouki
Max length: 5000
What I will not write: Yuri/Shoujo-Ai, Mpreg, Crossover, Incest

Extras
Last edited by Akira on May 1st, 2012, 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Akira

Next

Return to Locker Room