Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Trollround Fic Trade 2012 - Registration Thread

OOC Discussions for forum games. Post your character bios, discuss 1000 word challenges, challenge each other to a game. It's all good.

Trollround Fic Trade 2012 - Registration Thread

Postby crazydominodragongirl » March 2nd, 2012, 11:43 pm

/人 ‿‿ 人\ Lunaescence Fic Trade 2012 — Trollround /人 ‿‿ 人\Registration Thread

UPDATES
04.08.2012 -- And we're done! /o/ Thanks all for participating and being so great about getting things done! Reveals can be found in the discussion post. :3

What is fic trade?
Ever wanted to feel all fuzzy inside when someone wrote for you? Ever had an idea you wanted to write, but weren't able to do it yourself? Well then, you should enter Luna's Fic Trade! Fic Trade is similar to Secret Santa (except it's not Christmas and definitely not snowing right now, at least in San Francisco), where you suggest three prompts and someone will answer your request! Similar to Secret Santa, you won't know who is answering your request until they have posted the story.

But what is an anonymous fic trade?
Trollround will, in fact, be an anonround. An anonymous fic trade is like a Secret Santa, except you don't entirely know who Santa is even after you get the gift. Basically, the fics are all posted on the anonymous account, and people can guess who the author is in the reviews. You can also make guesses in the discussion thread, though you won't have much time this round. Guesses can be based on fandoms, writing styles, and so on. After the author is correctly guessed (or after a certain timeframe has passed), the fic will be moved to its proper account.

But what counts as trolling?
Trolling is me making Kyuubey the mascot of this round.

...okay, more seriously. "Trolling" would be defined as doing something for the lulz, basically! Do it to get a rise out of people! The difference here is that it's all in good fun, so we're not trying to make anyone angry. For this round, the theme is basically unexpected humor! This can take the form of unexpected plot twists, sticking to the letter but not the spirit of the prompt, making your prompts as ridiculous as you can, etc..

Examples:
-KS was talking about a Prussia/reader prompt; I mentioned that I would be more likely to turn it into Hungary/Reader/Austria/Prussia romantic entanglement.
-Prompt: Making out with (Pokemon trainer of choice), who turns out to actually be a Ditto.
-Have one character endlessly mock/troll all of the others. Orihara Izaya is a prime example.
-"And then rocks fell and everyone died."

Since this is for fun and we actually want the recipients to enjoy their fics, there is an addition to the application form, where you can specify what you will and will not read, so as to avoid anyone getting something that actually offends them. This doesn't have to be comprehensive by any means. Use your own good judgment too! If it's something most people are likely to be squicked by, don't include it. Alternately, if it's something you would be okay with that you think most people would not like, do say that you would be all right with reading it.

Who is organizing it?
This round is run by crazydominodragongirl~ However, any mod can look over any stories related to Fic Trade that has to go through queue. Lunaescence's posting policy still applies.

Contact
Please don't hesitate from asking me questions or noting concerns! If you want to talk to me privately, however, it is highly recommended that you either PM via these forums or use the email listed below. There's a bug on the main site that sometimes prevents emails from getting through the "contact author" option.

crazydominodragongirl
- email: crazydominodragongirl [at] lunaescence [dot] com
- main account
- forum account

You can also use the Discussion Thread or check the Q&A Thread. As this is an anon round, there is no posting thread, and if you have any questions relating specifically to your recipient/prompts, please direct them to me instead of asking openly!
Icon usually made by me. crazydominodragongirl = DG. Just call me that; it's shorter and easier to type. Don't wait for permission or anything.

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Re: Trollround Fic Trade 2012 - Registration Thread

Postby crazydominodragongirl » March 2nd, 2012, 11:46 pm

Icon usually made by me. crazydominodragongirl = DG. Just call me that; it's shorter and easier to type. Don't wait for permission or anything.

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Postby crazydominodragongirl » March 2nd, 2012, 11:56 pm

Guidelines

Participants
Everyone can participate in the Fic Trade, regardless of whether or not they have already posted stories on Lunaescence. The only exception applies to those who signed up in the previous fic trade and failed to fulfill their assignments; these individuals are not allowed to participate in the current round.

Unvalidated Authors
Although anyone can participate in the Fic Trade, unvalidated authors with stories that have been denied from the queue (or who have been asked to edit stories prior to validation) within the past month are required to find a beta for any stories written for the trade. There will be a list of available beta readers below that will updated as the signups progress. In addition, since this is an anonround, unvalidated authors have the option of either using a validated author participating in fictrade as a beta, so they can post to the anon account, or submitting the story to queue with a note so that the moderator reading it moves it to the anon account before it is validated. If you choose the latter, please also include a reminder to remove the note before validation!

Prompts
What is a prompt? Prompts are meant to inspire stories rather than define them. They are not summaries, but are ideas. They can be a quotation, a single word, a brief phrase, or even an image.

When defining your prompts, please also note the pairing and fandom the prompt is related to, the max rating, and the max length of the fic you would like to receive for the first three prompts. Please try to vary the fandoms of the prompts (i.e. a different fandom for each prompt) so as to allow a variety of choices for the writer completing your prompt.

The fourth prompt will not have a pairing or fandom associated with it so that the writer can decide what he or she wants to make the story about, whether it be an original story or one associated with a fandom the writer is more familiar with. Please indicate whether you would like it to be a reader-insert, an OC story, a story with only canon characters (fanfic), or OF that is non-RI. The author is only required to fill one prompt out of four.

Fandoms
When listing your fandoms, it is recommended that you also look at other people's fandoms and update your list of what you will write accordingly. This will ensure that you aren't forgetting any fandoms that other people want written, which will make matching people up a lot easier.

Max Rating
Choose from All, Youth, 13+, 17+, Adult, Adult+.

Length
This is a range. Choose from Any, 100-500, 500-1000, 1000-5000, 5000-10 000, 10 000+ words. A (+) can also be appended to any length limit to show that you are willing to read longer.

Will/Will Not Read (new!)
A short list of things out of the ordinary that you will and will not read. This doesn't need to be very thorough; if it's likely that most people will not write it because they dislike it, you do not need to list it as "will not read." On the other hand, if it's likely that most people will not write it but you are willing to read it, list as "will read." Since this has really been irritating me about previous rounds, please distinguish between yaoi/shounen-ai and yuri/shoujo-ai in these sections. Yaoi and yuri are explicit; shounen-ai and shoujo-ai are not. If you simply list that you will not write yuri, that doesn't necessarily mean you won't write shoujo-ai. Be specific and use the correct term.

Spares
Signing up as a spare means that you will be responsible for filling out unanswered trades after the posting deadline has past. You will be put on the spares list and be contacted if there are any unanswered trades. Delegation of unanswered trades will be at random and spares will be responsible for completing it, regardless of whether they have any experience with the fandoms listed or not. We will try our best to delegate prompts to spares that are relevant to their interests (which is why we ask everyone to vary the fandoms of their prompts!). Spares will not be required to write anything over 1000 words, regardless of the length requested, unless if they chose to do so.

Betas
Signing up as a beta means that your beta profile will be posted in the Beta section of the thread. Participants will be allowed to contact you if they would like their story beta'd before they post their story. Anyone can sign up as a beta. Validated authors are strongly encouraged to sign up.

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Postby crazydominodragongirl » March 3rd, 2012, 12:06 am

Trollround Fic Trade Timeline

March 2 -- Registration starts.
March 11 -- Registration closes.
March 12 -- Assignments sent.
April 1 -- All fics posted.
April 2 -- Spares sent out; authors revealed.

Note that there is not a "range" of posting dates this round. You will get several reminder e-mails throughout the course of the month. If you are unable to post on April 1, e-mail me and we can work out an earlier date for you to post. Since there is a very short time between posting and reveals, if you need more time or if you are unable to write, please contact me! If you do not post and go incommunicado, you are agreeing to be spammed by me with more and more Kyuubey faces until you respond. I am not joking.

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Postby crazydominodragongirl » March 3rd, 2012, 12:09 am

Application Form

Please copy and paste this form in your reply and fill out the necessary fields.
Refer to the Guidelines section of the thread for definitions. Thank you!

Code: Select all
[b]Luna username:[/b]
[b]Contact e-mail:[/b] (please use [at] and [dot] in order to avoid spambots; e.g. crazydominodragongirl [at] lunaescence [dot] com. If you feel uncomfortable with posting your email publicly, just PM it to crazydominodragongirl via the forum or e-mail me.)

[b]/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Prompts /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\[/b] [i](Include idea, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words.  Indicate fandom and pairing for first three prompts and indicate whether the fourth prompt be reader-insert, OC story, canon characters only if fanfic, or non-RI original fiction.)[/i]
[b]Prompt #1:[/b]
[i]Pairing:[/i]
[i]Fandom:[/i]
[i]Max rating:[/i]
[i]Length:[/i]

[b]Prompt #2:[/b]

[b]Prompt #3:[/b]

[b]Prompt #4:[/b]
[i]Type:[/i] (reader-insert or OC story)

[b]Personal Profile[/b]
[b]Fandoms:[/b] (list a minimum of 5 fandoms you will write for)
[b]Max rating:[/b] (list max rating you will write)
[b]Max length:[/b] (list max length you will write)
[b]What I will/will not read:[/b]
[b]What I will not write:[/b]
[b]Validated or unvalidated?[/b] (choose your status)

[b]Extras[/b]
[b]Spare:[/b] (Yes/No)
[b]Beta:[/b] (Yes/No) (If not, omit Beta section.)

[b]Beta[/b]
[b]Public e-mail:[/b]
[b]Max rating you will read:[/b]
[b]Max length you will read:[/b]

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Postby crazydominodragongirl » March 3rd, 2012, 12:15 am

Posting Guidelines

POSTING IS ON APRIL 1.
Revisions may be made until that date.

The following are posting guidelines for the Lunaescence 2012 Trollround Fic Trade. They are different from the guidelines from previous rounds, so please be sure to read this carefully before you submit your story. Please note that there is no posting thread for this round.

1. Write for your prompt! Do it!

2. On April 1 in your timezone, you may begin submitting stories to the site.

A few days prior, if you are a validated author, you will be given the password to the fictrade anon account, where you will be able to post. If you are an unvalidated author, you will have two options:

a) Submit your fic to the queue, where it will be transferred to the anon account if it passes;
b) Get a validated beta-reader from the beta list, who will post your story for you after it has been edited.

3. Please add this form at the bottom of the summary of the story.

Prompt:
For:

[Written for Trollround Fic Trade 2012]

4. Once your story has been validated, email or PM crazydominodragongirl with the following information. You must not post this information publicly, or else it will ruin the guessing game.

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Profile URL:[/b]
[b]Story Name:[/b]
[b]Written for:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

5. Unanswered trades will be sent to spares on April 2.

6. If you'd like to request an extension or cannot do fic trade, please PM or e-mail DG prior to March 26. If you do not do this, then come April 2, your prompt will be sent to a spare.

7. Once your form (Step 4) has been received, your story will be added to the series Lunaescence Valentine Fic Trade.

8. Now, guess that author! Please leave guesses in reviews and speculate among yourselves in the discussion thread. Guessing will go on until April 2, which totally doesn't give you enough time to guess, but have at it.

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Postby crazydominodragongirl » March 3rd, 2012, 12:16 am

Beta List

These following members have volunteered their time to help those who wish to have someone look over their story.
Contact us! We're always willing to help! ♥

Validated Beta Readers

AnonymousSong
    E-mail: KingdomHeartsCutie [at] gmail [dot] com
    Max rating: Adult+
    Max length: Any

crazydominodragongirl
    E-mail: crazydominodragongirl [at] lunaescence [dot] com
    Max rating: Er, depending what it is, 17+. See fic trade app.
    Max length: ...depends how fast you want me to get back to you~ technically probably up to 10k?

Unvalidated Beta Readers

RyuseiStreamGirl
    E-mail: ryuseistreamgirl [at] gmail [dot] com
    Max rating: 17+ (maybe Adult...?)
    Max length: something that will take me hours and days to read.

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Postby crazydominodragongirl » March 3rd, 2012, 12:17 am

Trollround Participant List

A list of members who are participating in Trollround~

Username /人 ‿‿ 人\ App /人 ‿‿ 人\ Fic

AnonymousSong /人 ‿‿ 人\ App /人 ‿‿ 人\ Fic
crazydominodragongirl /人 ‿‿ 人\ App /人 ‿‿ 人\ Fic
crazynekokitten /人 ‿‿ 人\ App /人 ‿‿ 人\ Fic /人 ‿‿ 人\ Spare
DragonSilk /人 ‿‿ 人\ App /人 ‿‿ 人\ Fic
Hikari_no_Kage /人 ‿‿ 人\ App /人 ‿‿ 人\ Fic 1 /人 ‿‿ 人\ Fic 2 /人 ‿‿ 人\ Fic 3 /人 ‿‿ 人\ Fic 4
Kamisori /人 ‿‿ 人\ App /人 ‿‿ 人\ Fic
Koneko Mizuki /人 ‿‿ 人\ App /人 ‿‿ 人\ Fic
Mangamaniac48 /人 ‿‿ 人\ App /人 ‿‿ 人\ Fic
RyuseiStreamGirl /人 ‿‿ 人\ App /人 ‿‿ 人\ Fic
SharpShinyPickle /人 ‿‿ 人\ App /人 ‿‿ 人\ Fic 1 /人 ‿‿ 人\ Fic 2
StrawChan /人 ‿‿ 人\ App /人 ‿‿ 人\ Fic

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Postby crazydominodragongirl » March 3rd, 2012, 12:21 am

Reminders

It is strongly recommended that each prompt have a different fandom so as to allow a variety of choices to the author (or spare) completing your request. Each writer is only required to completely one prompt out of three/four.

Assignments will be sent on March 12. Story posting will be on April 1. Please wait until April 1 to post your story.

Stories submitted to the queue will still be subject to Lunaescence's posting policy.

All trades will be due by April 1.
Unanswered trades will be assigned to spares by April 2.

Please remember to update me on the status of your trade (i.e. whether you will need an extension or if your trade will be over 5000 words) before March 26, or else the prompts you have been put in charge of will be sent to a spare.

Once again, if you are unable to complete your fictrade, please inform me. Only if you go MIA will you be banned from future fictrade rounds. If you do go MIA, I really will send giant Kyuubey faces into your inbox until you respond, maybe even several times a day.

This is the Registration Thread for the Trollround Fic Trade.
Any other questions you have about the fic trade should be asked on the Q&A thread.
For any comments or suggestions, or if you're just looking for a place to chat and hang around, the Discussion Thread is the place for you!

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Postby crazydominodragongirl » March 3rd, 2012, 12:24 am

All right, now that my computer has decided it wants to cooperate long enough for me to set everything up~

Everyone prepared? Ready... steady... go~!

/人 ‿‿ 人\ REGISTRATION OPEN! /人 ‿‿ 人\

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Postby mangamaniac48 » March 3rd, 2012, 7:45 pm

Luna username: Mangamaniac48
Contact e-mail: (please use [at] and [dot] in order to avoid spambots; e.g. crazydominodragongirl [at] lunaescence [dot] com. If you feel uncomfortable with posting your email publicly, just PM it to crazydominodragongirl via the forum or e-mail me.) mangamaniac48 [at] hotmail [dot] com

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Prompts /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ (Include idea, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words. Indicate fandom and pairing for first three prompts and indicate whether the fourth prompt be reader-insert, OC story, canon characters only if fanfic, or non-RI original fiction.)
Prompt #1: And then a bath tub fell onto his head.
Pairing: ReaderxJapan
Fandom: Hetalia
Max rating: Adult
Length: 100-500

Prompt #2: No thank you
Pairing: ReaderxAnyVocaloidCharacter
Fandom: Vocaloid
Length: 500-1000

Prompt #3: Then I Jizzed in my pants
Pairing: ReaderxTsuna|Kyoya|Mukuro (| is or)
Fandom: Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Length: Any

Prompt #4: You taste like peanut butter jelly. Rainbows are nice.
Type: (reader-insert or OC story) READER INSERT PLEASE <3

Personal Profile
Fandoms: (list a minimum of 5 fandoms you will write for) Reborn, Artemis Fowl Bleach, Magi, Criminal Minds, Fruits Basket, Ouran, Hetalia, Naruto, Death Note, Durarara, Ao no Exorcist, Sket Dance, Kuroshitsuji, Black Cat, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, Blazblue, Kingdom Hearts.
Max rating: (list max rating you will write) Adult
Max length: (list max length you will write) 5000 words
What I will/will not read: Non-reader inserts, incest
What I will not write: Non-reader inserts, incest
Validated or unvalidated? (choose your status) Validated YER YER YER!

Extras
Spare: (Yes/No) No
Beta: (Yes/No) (If not, omit Beta section.) No
Last edited by mangamaniac48 on March 11th, 2012, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
mangamaniac48

Postby Kamisori » March 3rd, 2012, 10:20 pm

Luna username: Kamisori
Contact e-mail: foxycasperson [at] gmail [dot] com

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Prompts /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ (Include idea, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words. Indicate fandom and pairing for first three prompts and indicate whether the fourth prompt be reader-insert, OC story, canon characters only if fanfic, or non-RI original fiction.)

Prompt #1: "Dance my pretties! DANCE!!"
Pairing: Sanzo/Reader
Fandom: Saiyuki
Length: 5000+

Prompt #2: My Blade's Bigger
Pairing: Sanji/Reader
Fandom: One Piece
Length: 5000+

Prompt #3: You Can't Exactly Ask a Coffeemaker out for Coffee...
Pairing: Reader/Kato
Fandom: The Green Hornet
Length: 1000+

Prompt #4: Ninja? Nah, just Asian.
Type: Reader-insert (I would love you forever if the pairring was with Kato from the Green Hornet :happydance: )
Max rating: 17+
Length: 1000+

Personal Profile
Fandoms: The Green Hornet, Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Saiyuki, One Piece, Harry Potter, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dragon Ball Series
Max length: 5000
What I will/will not read: Yaoi, Yuri, Shonen-ai, Shoujo-ai, Incest
What I will not write: Yaoi, Yuri, Shonen-ai, Shoujo-ai, Lemons, Incest
Validated or unvalidated? Validated

Extras
Spare: No
Beta: No
Last edited by Kamisori on March 12th, 2012, 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kamisori

Postby crazynekokitten » March 3rd, 2012, 11:42 pm

Luna username: crazynekokitten
Contact e-mail: crazy[dot]lil[dot]dork[at]gmail[dot]com

Prompt #1: Story time! 8D
Pairing: Reader x Fenris
Fandom: Dragon Age II
Max rating: Any

Prompt #2: Any instance of a human eating a Pokemon
Pairing: Reader x N
Fandom: Pokemon

Prompt #3: Integra gets drunk, and hits on anyone (except Alucard).
Pairing: Reader x Integra x choice (reader optional)
Fandom: Hellsing

Prompt #4: (X) is caught writing fanfiction
Type: Insert

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Pokemon, D. Gray-Man, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age II, +Anima, Harry Potter, Hellsing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Ouran High School Host Club
Max length: any
What I will/will not read: No rape or incest; all else is fair game.
What I will not write: Rape, Incest, Lemons

Extras
Spare: Yes
Good news, everyone! I've taught the toaster to feel love!
crazynekokitten

Postby RyuseiStreamGirl » March 4th, 2012, 8:52 pm

Luna username: RyuseiStreamGirl
Contact e-mail: ryuseistreamgirl [at] gmail [dot] com
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Prompts /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
( The Prompts can be changed if you have a better idea for another pairing/fandom :3 )
Prompt #1: You Fell?
Pairing: ShizuoxReader OR IzayaxReader
Fandom: Durarara!!
Length: 1,000+

Prompt #2: Wait! REPEAT THAT!!!
Pairing: Hibari KyouyaxReader OR BelphegorxReader
Fandom: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Prompt #3: A Celebration for St. Patrick's Day??
Pairing: Hitsugaya ToushirouxReader OR Hisagi ShuuheixReader
Fandom: Bleach

Prompt #4: "Do you have any confidence in that plan?" "Uh.... no?"
Type: Reader-Insert

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Bleach, KHR!, DRRR!!, Ao no Exorcist/Blue Exorcist, Gundam AGE (I wonder.....), Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Amatsuki, D.Gray-Man, xxxHolic
Max length: 5k+
What I will not read: Yaoi/Yuri, Shounen-ai/Shoujo-ai
(From the definition that I got, Yaoi/Yuri=has Sexual situations. Shounen-ai/Shoujo-ai=no Sexual situations and mainly just romance. So, I'm just going to follow that definition....)
What I will not write: Yaoi/Yuri, Shounen-ai/Shoujo-ai
Validated or unvalidated? Unvalidated :(

Extras
Spare: Yes
Beta: Yes

Beta
Public e-mail: ryuseistreamgirl [at] gmail [dot] com
Max rating you will read: 17+ (maybe Adult...?)
Max length you will read: something that will take me hours and days to read.
RyuseiStreamGirl

Postby Sharp Shiny Pickle » March 6th, 2012, 1:14 pm

Luna username: Sharp Shiny Pickle
Contact e-mail: SharpShinyPickle [at] gmail [dot] com

/人 ‿‿ 人\ Prompts /人 ‿‿ 人\
Prompt #1: Songfic to Trololo
Pairing: You/Mukuro
Fandom: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Length: 500-1000+

Prompt #2: Those Eyes
Pairing: You/The Moon
Fandom: The Legend of Zelda (specifically, Majora’s Mask)
Length: 100-500+

Prompt #3: A Dastardly Rapscallion
Pairing: You/Shizuo
Fandom: Durarara!!

Prompt #4: "You have one dimension too many for me to love you." (DG came up with this one for me! Basically, 2-D guys are better than real-life 3-D guys~)
Type: Reader-Insert

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Yu Yu Hakusho, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Legend of Zelda, Bleach, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Kingdom Hearts, Durarara!!, Kuroshitsuji (manga), Harvest Moon, Criminal Minds, Ouran High School Host Club, Medaka Box, Oresama Teacher, The World God Only Knows, D.Gray-Man
Max length: 5000
What I will/will not read: Anything sexually explicit (including Limes).
What I will not write: Same as above~

Extras
Spare: No
"To me, boxing is like a ballet, expect there is no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other." - Jack Handey
Sharp Shiny Pickle

Next

Return to Locker Room