Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Valentine Fic Trade 2012 - Registration

OOC Discussions for forum games. Post your character bios, discuss 1000 word challenges, challenge each other to a game. It's all good.

Valentine Fic Trade 2012 - Registration

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » January 17th, 2012, 9:06 pm

99% of this is copypasted from the holiday fic trade, which was mostly copypasted from Mao and Kay's earlier fic trades.

This is the signup thread.
Q&A from the summer is here.
Chat thread is here.
Posting thread (opens only) is here

Most of this is shamelessly CP'd from Mao and Kay's earlier fic trades

What is fic trade?
Ever wanted to feel all fuzzy inside when someone wrote for you? Ever had an idea you wanted to write, but weren't able to do it yourself? Then you should enter the holiday fic trade! This one actually is a Secret Santa because it's at the holidays.

But what is an anonymous fic trade?
An anonymous fic trade is like a Secret Santa, except you don't entirely know who Santa is even after you get the gift...well...this trade actually is a Secret Santa, but still... It's just like Round 3 from the Summer Fic Trades run by Mao and Kay. Basically, the fics are all posted on the anonymous account, and people can guess who the author is in the reviews. You can also make guesses in the discussion thread. Guesses can be based on fandoms, writing styles, and so on. After the author is correctly guessed (or after a certain timeframe has passed), the fic will be moved to its proper account. We hope you'll enjoy this game!

Do my prompts need to have a holiday or romantic theme?
No. They don't need to have a holiday theme. They can have a holiday theme. It is even encouraged that you give at least one of your prompts a holiday theme, but it is not required. Romance is also not required if you don't like that sort of thing.

Who is organizing it?
Kerrigan Sheehan is the moderator in charge of this current round. She will be the one responsible for distributing the request assignments after registration finishes on December 7th. However, any mod can look over any stories related to Fic Trade that have to go through queue. Lunaescence's posting policy still applies.

Contact
Please don't hesitate from asking us questions or noting concerns! If you want to talk to me privately, however, it is highly recommended that you either PM via these forums or use the email listed below. There's a bug on the main site that sometimes prevents emails from getting through the "contact author" option.

Kerrigan Sheehan
- kerrigansheehan [at] yahoo [dot] com
- site account
- forum account

You can also use the Discussion Thread or check the Q&A Thread.[/quote]
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on January 30th, 2012, 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Re: Valentine Fic Trade 2012 - Registration

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » January 17th, 2012, 9:09 pm

Guidelines

Participants
Everyone can participate in the Fic Trade, regardless of whether or not they have already posted stories on Lunaescence. The only exception applies to those who signed up in the holiday fic trade and failed to fulfill their assignments; these individuals are not allowed to participate in the current round.

Unvalidated Authors
Although anyone can participate in the Fic Trade, unvalidated authors with stories that have been denied from the queue (or who have been asked to edit stories prior to validation) within the past month are required to find a beta for any stories written for the trade. There will be a list of available beta readers below that will updated as the signups progress.

Prompts
What is a prompt? Prompts are meant to inspire stories rather than define them. They are not summaries, but are ideas. They can be a quotation, a single word, a brief phrase, or even an image.

When defining your prompts, please also note the pairing and fandom the prompt is related to, the max rating, and the max length of the fic you would like to receive for the first three prompts. Please try to vary the fandoms of the prompts (i.e. a different fandom for each prompt) so as to allow a variety of choices for the writer completing your prompt.

The fourth prompt will not have a pairing or fandom associated with it so that the writer can decide what he or she wants to make the story about, whether it be an original story or one associated with a fandom the writer is more familiar with. Please indicate whether you would like it to be a reader-insert or an OC story. The author is only required to fill one prompt out of four.

Fandoms
When listing your fandoms, it is recommended that you also look at other people's fandoms. This will ensure that you aren't forgetting any fandoms that other people want written, which will make matching people up a lot easier.

Max Rating
Choose from All, Youth, 13+, 17+, Adult, Adult+.

Length
This is a range. Choose from Any, 100-500, 500-1000, 1000-5000, 5000-10 000, 10 000+ words.

Spares
Signing up as a spare means that you will be responsible for filling out unanswered trades after the posting deadline has past. You will be put on the spares list and be contacted if there are any unanswered trades. Delegation of unanswered trades will be at random and spares will be responsible for completing it, regardless of whether they have any experience with the fandoms listed or not. We will try our best to delegate prompts to spares that are relevant to their interests (which is why we ask everyone to vary the fandoms of their prompts!). Spares will not be required to write anything over 1000 words, regardless of the length requested, unless if they chose to do so.

Betas
Signing up as a beta means that your beta profile will be posted in the Beta section of the thread. Participants will be allowed to contact you if they would like their story beta'd before they post their story. Anyone can sign up as a beta. Validated authors are strongly encouraged to sign up.

Anon or Open
This time, you, the participant, decide if you want an anonymous round or an open round. It will NOT be anonymous for some people and open for others. That is simply too difficult to organize with fandoms. Majority rules. If it's tied, I'll flip a coin.
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on January 17th, 2012, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » January 17th, 2012, 9:16 pm

Valentine Fic Trade Timeline

January 17 -- Registration starts.
January 27 -- Registration closes.
February 1 -- Assignments sent.
February 4 -- Posting starts.
February 14 -- All fics (besides 5,000-10,000+) due.
February 19 -- Unanswered trades will be sent to spares.
February 29 -- Spares due, 5,000-10,000+ fics due.
March 17 -- Authors revealed. (See note below.)

(Yes, I did deliberately make them due on Valentines Day and Leap Year Day (Is that what it's called?) and the reveal on St. Patrick's Day. It makes it easy to remember.)

This time, rather than saying now if it's anon or not, there is an extra question on the application asking whether you would rather have an open round or an anon round. You vote anon, open, or don't care. Majority rules, so if more people vote for anon for everybody, it will be anon with a reveal on St. Patrick's Day. If more people vote for an open round, everyone will know who their author is as soon as they receive their fic. If the votes for anon and open are tied, I will literally flip a coin.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » January 17th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Application Form

Please copy and paste this form in your reply and fill out the necessary fields.
Refer to the Guidelines section of the thread for definitions. Thank you!

Code: Select all
[b]Luna username:[/b]
[b]Contact e-mail:[/b] (please use [at] and [dot] in order to avoid spambots; e.g. kerrigansheehan [at] yahoo [dot] com. If you feel uncomfortable with posting your email publicly, just PM it to Kerrigan Sheehan via the forum.)

[b]Prompts[/b] [i](Include idea, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words.  Indicate fandom and pairing for first three prompts and indicate whether the fourth prompt be a reader-insert or an OC story.)[/i]
[b]Prompt #1:[/b]
[i]Pairing:[/i]
[i]Fandom:[/i]
[i]Max rating:[/i]
[i]Length:[/i]

[b]Prompt #2:[/b]

[b]Prompt #3:[/b]

[b]Prompt #4:[/b]
[i]Type:[/i] (reader-insert or OC story)

[b]Personal Profile[/b]
[b]Fandoms:[/b] (list a minimum of 5 fandoms you will write for)
[b]Max rating:[/b] (list max rating you will write)
[b]Max length:[/b] (list max length you will write)
[b]What I will not write:[/b]
[b]Validated or unvalidated?[/b] (choose your status)

[b]Extras[/b]
[b]Spare:[/b] (Yes/No)
[b]Beta:[/b] (Yes/No) (If not, omit Beta section.)

[b]Beta[/b]
[b]Public e-mail:[/b]
[b]Max rating you will read:[/b]
[b]Max length you will read:[/b]

[b]Anon or Open: [/b]
(Choose Anon, Open, or Don't Care)
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on January 17th, 2012, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » January 17th, 2012, 9:30 pm

Posting Guidelines

POSTING DOES NOT BEGIN UNTIL FEBRUARY 4.
Revisions may be made until that date.

The following are posting guidelines for the Lunaescence 2012 Valentine Fic Trade. They are different from the guidelines from previous rounds, so please be sure to read this carefully before you submit your story. Please note that there is no posting thread for this round yet. There will only be one if

1. Write for your prompt! Do it!

2. On February 4, you may begin submitting stories to the site.

If the majority of users want an open round, you post as you normally would, and there will be a posting thread created.

If the majority of participants choose to be anonymous and you are a validated author, you will be given the password to the fictrade anon account, where you will be able to post. If you are an unvalidated author, you will have two options:

a) Submit your fic to the queue, where it will be transferred to the anon account if it passes;
b) Get a validated beta-reader from the beta list, who will post your story for you after it has been edited.

3. Please add this form at the bottom of the summary of the story.

Prompt:
For:

[Written for Valentine Fic Trade 2012]

IF ANON:
4. Once your story has been validated, email or PM Kerrigan Sheehan with the following information. You must not post this information publicly, or else it will ruin the guessing game. If the majority chooses to be anonymous, there will be no posting thread in this round to ensure that nobody accidentally reveals their identity!

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Profile URL:[/b]
[b]Story Name:[/b]
[b]Written for:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

ANON OR OPEN:
5. All fics under 5,000 words are due on February 14.
Unanswered trades will be sent to spares on February 19.
All fics (those from spares and those that are 5,000+ words long) are due on February 29. This deadline also applies to fics that exceed 5,000 words but had a prompt requesting a shorter length.

6. This step applies only to people who are doing stories over 5,000 words long. Please PM Kerrigan Sheehan before February 19 if you are writing writing a story that exceeds 5,000 words, or if you'd like to request an extension.

This step is simply a measure to ensure that I do not accidentally send your prompt to a spare. When you do finish up your fic and get it validated, please remember to do Step 4.

7. If you are not able to make your deadline, please notify Kerrigan Sheehan! You may do so by email or by PM. If you do not do this, then your prompt will be sent to a spare.

IF OPEN
8. Once you have posted in the posting thread, your story will be added to the series Lunaescence Valentine Fic Trade.

IF ANON
8. Once your form (Step 4) has been received, your story will be added to the series Lunaescence Valentine Fic Trade.

9. Now, guess that author! Please leave guesses in reviews and speculate among yourselves in the discussion thread. Guessing will go on until January 6, which is when the identity of the author will be revealed. Check back on that date to see if you've correctly identified the author of a story.
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on January 17th, 2012, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » January 17th, 2012, 9:32 pm

For those of you who are doing Anon, the following people are able to post to the fic trade anonymous account and willing to beta read:

crazydominodragongirl
crazynekokitten
hikari_no_kage
KarenaWilliams
Kay
Kerrigan Sheehan
Shade

Due to the fact that both an anon trade and an open trade are running side-by-side, we request that you send your fic to one of these seven people to be posted rather than submitting it to the queue so we can avoid confusion between anonymous and open fic trade stories from unvalidated authors. (Basically, if it was in the queue, the mods would have to change the author to the anonymous account, and we don't want to have an open story switched to anon or an anon story posted as open.)

If anyone who is not participating or who is doing open trade would like to volunteer to be an anon beta reader, please let me know so I can add you to the list and so I can give you the anon account password.
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on February 1st, 2012, 10:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » January 17th, 2012, 9:39 pm

I'm doing exactly what I said I wouldn't do, and I'm running both an anonymous and an open trade side-by-side. However, for the purpose of keeping things interesting...I'm not going to tell you which participants are in which trade. (It will eventually be more obvious when the open participants start posting.)

-u-
AnonymousSong
Chellendora
Cherezsa
Chrys
cigspiring
crazydominodragongirl
crazynekokitten
DrawnCherry
Fayloic
hikari_no_kage
KarenaWilliams
Kay
KerriganSheehan
Komori
Koneko Mizuki
lazykitsunechan
Lyric Sofer
Miss Chocobo
Mrs. Anonymous
Mylex
Pepe Le Pew
RyuseiStreamGirl
Shade
StrawChan
Zesty

If you signed up and are not on this list, you are ineligible to participate due to the Holiday Fic Trade, and you received an email from me a few weeks ago telling you that you couldn't participate in the next round. Your application has NOT been processed. I discussed this with two other mods, and I will not reconsider. Everyone has already been matched.
Last edited by Kerrigan Sheehan on January 28th, 2012, 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » January 17th, 2012, 9:48 pm

Reminders

It is strongly recommended that each prompt have a different fandom so as to allow a variety of choices to the author (or spare) completing your request. Each writer is only required to completely one prompt out of three/four.

Assignments will be sent on February 1. Story posting will start on February 4. Please wait until February 4 to post your story.

Stories submitted to the queue will still be subject to Lunaescence's posting policy.

All trades with a range of 100-5000 words will be due by February 14.
Unanswered trades of under 5000 words will be assigned to spares by February 17.
All trades with a range of over 5000 words will be due by February 29.

Please remember to update us on the status of your trade (i.e. whether you will need an extension or if your trade will be over 5000 words) before February 14, or else the prompts you have been put in charge of will be sent to a spare.

This is the Registration Thread for the Valentine Fic Trade.
Any other questions you have about the fic trade should be asked on the Q&A thread.
For any comments or suggestions, or if you're just looking for a place to chat and hang around, the Discussion Thread is the place for you!
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby Kerrigan Sheehan » January 17th, 2012, 9:56 pm

Initiate Registration Protocol for Lunaescence Valentine Fic Trade 2012. (Can you tell I've been watching Star Trek?)

REGISTRATION START!

When my family think
That I'm safely in my bed
Oh, from morn until night
I am stretched out at your head
Calling out unto the earth
With tears hot and wild
For the loss of a girl
That I loved as a child.

(Yeah...not much romantic music in my collection...sorry "depressingly romantic" was as good as I could come up with...)
Kerrigan Sheehan

Postby RyuseiStreamGirl » January 17th, 2012, 10:45 pm

POST ONE?!?!? POST ONE?!?!? WOAH!!! o.O;;

Luna username: RyuseiStreamGirl
Contact e-mail: ryuseistreamgirl [at] gmail [dot] com

Prompts

Prompt #1: Is Confessing Your Love Optional or Mandatory?
Pairing: Hibari Kyouya x Reader OR Gokudera Hayato x Reader
Fandom: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Max rating: 17+
Length: 5,000+

Prompt #2: Words Cannot Define Everything.
Pairing: Hitsugaya Toushirou x Reader
Fandom: Bleach
Length: 5,000+

Prompt #3: Uhhh.... Chocolate, Anyone?
Pairing: Amaimon x Reader OR Mephisto Pheles x Reader
Fandom: Ao no Exorcist
Length: 500+

Prompt #4: THAT'S MINE! GIVE IT BACK!
Type: Reader Insert

Personal Profile
Fandoms: KHR!, Bleach, DRRR!!, Ao no Exorcist/Blue Exorcist, D.Gray-Man, Nurarihyon no Mago (both seasons), [can try] Kurohitsuji/Black Buttler
[more to come if I need to add more]
Max length: 10k
What I will not write: Yuri/Yaoi, rapes, incest, etc. Those... errr... STUFF.
Validated or unvalidated? Unvalidated T^T

Extras
Spare: Yes
Beta: Yes

Beta
Public e-mail: ryuseistreamgirl [at] gmail [dot] com
Max rating you will read: 17+
Max length you will read: something extremely long that'll take me days to read.

Anon or Open:
Don't Care
RyuseiStreamGirl

Postby crazydominodragongirl » January 17th, 2012, 10:56 pm

uguuuuuu I am not allowed to stop participating in fic trade ever. I think. Or something.

Luna username: crazydominodragongirl
Contact e-mail: crazydominodragongirl [AT] yahoo

Prompts

Prompt #1: "I spent the entire year perfecting that fonic arte. It's too late to tell me you don't approve of hearts falling from the sky."
Pairing: Jade/You
Fandom: Tales of the Abyss
Max rating: 13+
Length: 500-5,000

Prompt #2: from y to y
Pairing: Kanda/You. YU EVEN STARTS WITH Y. 8D
Fandom: D.Gray-man
Max rating: 13+
Length: 1,000-10,000+

Prompt #3: The two of you shipped just about every male you knew with each other. What you didn't know was how many shipped you.
Pairing: Hungary/You
Fandom: Axis Powers Hetalia
Length: 1,000-5,000+

Prompt #4: everything he touches breaks, and I'm no exception.
Type: Anything~ change the POV of the above sentence if you want. :3 (Also, if curious, I had Reno from FFVII in mind when I thought of the prompt, lolol)
Length: 3,000-5,000+ SO SNEAKY

Personal Profile
Fandoms: +Anima, Axis Powers Hetalia, D.Gray-man, Durarara!!, Final Fantasy VII-XIII (roughly; includes Advent Children, mmmmaaaaybe includes X-2, does not include Versus XIII or Type-0), Harry Potter, Howl's Moving Castle, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Ouran High School Host Club, Persona 3 and 4, Saiyuki (maybe, it's been a while), Tales of Vesperia, The World Ends With You, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
Max length: apparently there is none?!?
What I will not write: Lemon, rape, yaoi, yuri, etc.. But I will write shounen-ai or shoujo-ai. Yaoi and yuri are explicit, the others are not, please note the difference between them (aka don't use "yaoi" and "yuri" as catch-alls) or I will be sad.
Validated or unvalidated? Validated~

Extras

Beta
Public e-mail: crazydominodragongirl [AT] yahoo
Max rating you will read: Adult, except for lemon
Max length you will read: ...10k? I'll maybe do above that but it might take me a while.

Anon or Open: I prefer anon~ :3
Icon usually made by me. crazydominodragongirl = DG. Just call me that; it's shorter and easier to type. Don't wait for permission or anything.

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Postby Shade » January 18th, 2012, 12:00 am

Luna username: Shade
Contact e-mail: shade.2012 [at] live [dot] com

Prompt #1: "No, no, no, Joey. If you want to win a girl you bring her FLOWERS. NOT duel monsters cards!"
Pairing: Joey Wheeler X Reader
Fandom: Yu-Gi-Oh!

Prompt #2: Love Potions = Disaster. So why even try?
Pairing: Draco Malfoy X Reader
Fandom: Harry Potter
Length: 100+

Prompt #3: Follow your... nose...? What?
Pairing: Cilan X Reader
Fandom: Pokémon (game or anime)
Length: 100-1000

Prompt #4: Every flower means something different.
Type: either
Max rating: ANY!
Length: ANY!

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Harry Potter | Naruto | Infernal Devices / Clockwork Angel / Mortal Instruments | Ouran High School Host Club | Pokémon (games and anime) | The Hunger Games (sort of sketchy...) | Original Fiction | [list may continue to grow as more people sign up...]
Max length: 5000
What I will not write: Lemons, Limes, Yaoi, Yuri, Shounen-ai, Shoujo-ai (for DG because I didn't know there WAS a difference until now. :3), Real Person, Triangles
Validated or unvalidated? Validated

Extras
Spare: No

Beta
Public e-mail: shade2012 [at] gmail [dot] com
Max rating you will read: 17+
Max length you will read: 5000

Anon or Open:
Open - I can never guess anyway... xD
Last edited by Shade on January 20th, 2012, 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shade

Postby Mrs_Anonymous » January 18th, 2012, 12:32 am

Luna username: Mrs_Anonymous
Contact e-mail: mrs.an0nym0us [at] yahoo [dot] com.

Prompts
Prompt #1: The Definition of Love
Pairing: Goku x Reader
Fandom: Saiyuki
Max rating: Any
Length: Any

Prompt #2: Idiots in Love
Pairing: Mugen x Reader
Fandom: Samurai Champloo

Prompt #3: Heart of the Fire
Pairing: Zuko x Reader
Fandom: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Prompt #4: Warm My Soul

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Avatar: The Last Airbender, Samurai Champloo, Harry Potter, KHR!, Ao no Exorcist, Kingdom Hearts, Assassin's Creed, Eyeshield 21, Sherlock Holmes, Artemis Fowl, Deadman Wonderland, Final Fantasy, Bleach, Devil May Cry, The Legend of Zelda
Max rating: Adult+
Max length: Any
What I will not write: Rape, yaoi, yuri, shounen-ei, shoujo-ai
Validated or unvalidated? Validated

Extras
Spare: No
Beta: No

Anon or Open: Open
Last edited by Mrs_Anonymous on January 23rd, 2012, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mrs_Anonymous

Postby AnonymousSong » January 18th, 2012, 12:34 am

Luna username: AnonymousSong
Contact e-mail: KingdomHeartsCutie[at]gmail[dot]com

Prompts

Prompt #1: Don't you know what chocolate is?
Pairing: Roxas x OC
Fandom: Kingdom Hearts

Prompt #2: I'm not her.
Pairing: Gale x Reader
Fandom: Hunger Games
Max rating: Adult

Prompt #3: All the things that mark us.
Pairing: Zuko x OC
Fandom: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Prompt #4: Vanilla or chocolate?
Max rating: Adult

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Any and all Kingdom Hearts, Black Cat, Fullmetal Alchemist (Manga + Brotherhood only), Percy Jackson (Series 1 + 2), Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones, Teen Titans, Alice in Wonderland, High School of the Dead, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Code Geass, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Hunger Games, Heart no Kuni no Alice
Max length: Any
What I will not write: Yaoi, yuri, lemons
Validated or unvalidated? Unvalidated

Extras

Beta
Public e-mail: KingdomHeartsCutie[at]gmail[dot]com
Max rating you will read: Any
Max length you will read: Any

Anon or Open:
Anon. It's more fun that way. :3
"The Roxas I know is long gone.
Fine. I see how it is."
Kioku Shiteru Ka?
AnonymousSong

Postby DrawnCherry » January 18th, 2012, 5:16 am

Luna username: DrawnCherry
Contact e-mail: lamename[at]live[dot]nl

Prompts
Prompt #1: jealousy
Pairing: reader x dante
Fandom:devil may cry

Prompt #2: computers
Pairing: reader x fred weasley
Fandom: harry potter
Max rating: any
Length: any

Prompt #3: black belt
Pairing: reader x shizuo
Fandom: durarara!

Prompt #4: green tea
Type: reader insert please ( :

Personal Profile
Fandoms: Final Fantasy Advent Children, X, X-2, XIII, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, Devil May Cry, Durarara, Ao no Exorcist, Fairy Tail, Naruto, Ghost in the Shell, Tengen Toppa Gurren Langann, Tiger & Bunny, Pokémon, Utena, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Carribean
Max rating: M
Max length: 5000
What I will not write: smut of pirates of the carribean.
Validated or unvalidated? I'm validated I think

Extras
Beta: No, my knowledge of grammar kind of fails

Anon or Open: Anon! : D

I think this is everything. I've never done a fic trade before so hopefully I won't make mistakes or something xD
DrawnCherry

Next

Return to Locker Room