Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Fic Trade Summer 2011 - Round 2 - Registration Thread

OOC Discussions for forum games. Post your character bios, discuss 1000 word challenges, challenge each other to a game. It's all good.

Fic Trade Summer 2011 - Round 2 - Registration Thread

Postby silver_neko_kitsune » June 30th, 2011, 10:37 pm

☆ ★ Lunaescence Fic Trade Summer 2011 — Round 2 ★ ☆Registration Thread

UPDATES
07.25.2011 -- Spare assignments have been sent! Trades under 5,000 words were due yesterday. If you have an extension, please hand in your trade on your respective deadlines. Spare assignments and trades that are over 5,000 words long are due on July 31st.

07.16.2011 -- Posting Thread and guidelines are now up! Please read the guidelines before posting your form as they are not identical to that of Round 1. Posting starts tomorrow, July 17. Thank you!

07.11.2011 -- Assignments have all been sent! Posting instructions will be up sometime this week, before July 17th. Please make sure to read them carefully once they are up as we will be making significant changes to them. We will send you an e-mail when they have been put up. Thanks!

07.01.2011 -- THREE IMPORTANT CHANGES TO RULES: The guidelines now specify what a prompt is, and describe who can participate in the Fic Trade. Please read these revisions! Also, when posting your application, please use [at] and [dot] in your email to avoid spambots.

07.01.2011 -- Registration for Summer Round 2 is officially open! Registration closes on July 11 at 12:00A.M. EST (GMT-5). Hope you guys are as excited for this as we are! ♥

What is fic trade?
Ever wanted to feel all fuzzy inside when someone wrote for you? Ever had an idea you wanted to write, but weren't able to do it yourself? Well then, you should enter Luna's Summer 2011 Fic Trade! Fic Trade is similar to Secret Santa (except it's not Christmas and definitely not snowing right now unless if you're below the equator), where you suggest three prompts and someone will answer your request! Similar to Secret Santa, you won't know who is answering your request until they have posted the story.

Who is organizing it?
silver_neko_kitsune and Kay (forum: kureyuki) are the moderators in charge of this current round. They will be the ones responsible for distributing the request assignments after registration finishes on June 11th. However, any mod can look over any stories related to Fic Trade that has to go through queue. Lunaescence's posting policy still applies.

Contact
Please don't hesitate from asking us questions or noting concerns! If you want to talk to us privately, however, it is highly recommended that you either PM via these forums or use the emails listed below. There's a bug on the main site that sometimes prevents emails from getting through the "contact author" option.

silver_neko_kitsune
- email: mao.snk [at] gmail [dot] com
- main account
- forum account
Kay
- email: kira.kira.sakura [at] gmail [dot] com
- main account
- forum account

You can also use the Discussion Thread or check the Q&A Thread. The posting thread for Round 2 can be found here.

Are you looking for stories from Round 1? Click here!
Last edited by silver_neko_kitsune on July 25th, 2011, 6:30 pm, edited 27 times in total.
silver_neko_kitsune

Table of Contents

Postby silver_neko_kitsune » June 30th, 2011, 10:43 pm

Last edited by silver_neko_kitsune on July 16th, 2011, 3:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
silver_neko_kitsune

Guidelines

Postby silver_neko_kitsune » June 30th, 2011, 10:46 pm

Guidelines

Participants
Everyone can participate in the Fic Trade, regardless of whether or not they have already posted stories on Lunaescence. The only exception applies to those who signed up in the previous round and failed to fulfill their assignments; these individuals are not allowed to participate in the current round.

Prompts

What is a prompt? Prompts are meant to inspire stories rather than define them. They are not summaries, but are ideas. They can be a quotation, a single word, a brief phrase, or even an image.

When defining your prompts, please also note the pairing and fandom the prompt is related to, the max rating, and the max length of the fic you would like to receive for the first three prompts. Please try to vary the fandoms of the prompts (i.e. a different fandom for each prompt) so as to allow a variety of choices for the writer completing your prompt.

The fourth prompt will not have a pairing or fandom associated with it so that the writer can decide what he or she wants to make the story about, whether it be an original story or one associated with a fandom the writer is more familiar with. Please indicate whether you would like it to be a reader-insert or an OC story. The author is only required to fill one prompt out of four.

Max Rating
Choose from All, Youth, 13+, 17+, Adult, Adult+.

Length
This is a range. Choose from 100-500, 500-1000, 1000-5000, 5000-10 000, 10 000+ words.

Spares
Signing up as a spare means that you will be responsible for filling out unanswered trades after the posting deadline has past. You will be put on the spares list and be contacted if there are any unanswered trades. Delegation of unanswered trades will be at random and spares will be responsible for completing it, regardless of whether they have any experience with the fandoms listed or not. We will try our best to delegate prompts to spares that are relevant to their interests (which is why we ask everyone to vary the fandoms of their prompts!). Spares will not be required to write anything over 1000 words, regardless of the length requested, unless if they chose to do so.

Betas
Signing up as a beta means that your beta profile will be posted in the Beta section of the thread. Participants will be allowed to contact you if they would like their story beta'd before they post their story. Anyone can sign up as a beta. Validated authors are strongly encouraged to sign up.
Last edited by silver_neko_kitsune on July 1st, 2011, 3:40 am, edited 7 times in total.
silver_neko_kitsune

Round 2 Timeline

Postby silver_neko_kitsune » June 30th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Round 2 Timeline

July 1 -- Registration starts.
July 10 -- Registration closes.
July 11 -- Assignments sent.
July 17 -- Posting starts.
July 24 -- All fics (besides 5,000-10,000+) due.
July 25 -- Unanswered trades will be sent to spares.
July 31 -- Spares due, 5,000-20,000+ fics due.
silver_neko_kitsune

Application Form

Postby silver_neko_kitsune » June 30th, 2011, 10:52 pm

Application Form

Please copy and paste this form in your reply and fill out the necessary fields.
Refer to the Guidelines section of the thread for definitions. Thank you!

Code: Select all
[b]Luna username:[/b]
[b]Contact e-mail:[/b] (PLEASE use [at] and [dot] in order to avoid spambots; e.g. mao.snk [at] gmail [dot] com. If you feel uncomfortable with posting your email publicly, just PM it to kureyuki or silver_neko_kitsune via the forum.)

☆★ Prompts ★☆ [i](Include idea, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words.  Indicate fandom and pairing for first three prompts and indicate whether the fourth prompt be a reader-insert or an OC story.)[/i]
[b]Prompt #1:[/b]
[i]Pairing:[/i]
[i]Fandom:[/i]
[i]Max rating:[/i]
[i]Length:[/i]

[b]Prompt #2:[/b]

[b]Prompt #3:[/b]

[b]Prompt #4:[/b]
[i]Type:[/i] (reader-insert or OC story)

☆★ Personal Profile ★☆
[b]Fandoms:[/b] (list a minimum of 5 fandoms you will write for)
[b]Max rating:[/b] (list max rating you will write)
[b]Max length:[/b] (list max length you will write)
[b]What I will not write:[/b]

☆★ Extras ★☆
[b]Spare:[/b] (Yes/No)
[b]Beta:[/b] (Yes/No) (If not, omit Beta section.)

☆★ Beta ★☆
[b]Public e-mail:[/b]
[b]Max rating you will read:[/b]
[b]Max length you will read:[/b]
Last edited by silver_neko_kitsune on July 1st, 2011, 12:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
silver_neko_kitsune

Posting Guidelines

Postby silver_neko_kitsune » June 30th, 2011, 10:55 pm

Posting Guidelines

The following are posting guidelines for Round 2 of the Lunaescence Summer 2011 Fic Trade. They are different from the guidelines for Round 1, so please be sure to read this carefully before you submit your story. Another thread has been created for story posting only. Please refer to it here. Thank you!

1. Write for your prompt! Do it! :)

2. On July 17th, you may begin submitting stories to the queue, or, if you are a validated author, posting on Lunaescence directly.

3. Please add this form at the bottom of the summary of the story.

Prompt:
For:

[Written for Fic Trade Summer 2011 -- Round 2]

4. Once your story has been validated, post in this thread with the following form completed:

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Story Name:[/b]
[b]Written for:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

5. All fics under 5,000 words are due on July 24th.
Unanswered trades will be sent to spares on July 25th.
All fics (those from spares and those that are 5,000+ words long) are due on July 31st. This deadline also applies to fics that exceed 5,000 words but had a prompt requesting a shorter length.

6. This step applies only to people who are doing stories over 5,000 words long. Please PM Mao or kureyuki (Kay) or reply to the posting thread before July 24th if you are writing writing a story that exceeds 5,000 words, or if you'd like to request an extension. Be careful not to reveal the identity of the person you are writing for when you are making this post- you want your fic to be a surprise!

This step is simply a measure to ensure that we do not accidentally send your prompt to a spare. When you do finish up your fic and get it validated, please remember to do Step 4.

7. If you are not able to make your deadline, please notify either Kay (kureyuki) or silver_neko_kitsune! You may do so by email, in the posting thread, or in the discussion thread. If you do not do this, then your prompt will be sent to a spare.

8. Once your form (Step 4) has been received, your story will be added to the series Lunaescence Fic Trade - Round 2.
Last edited by silver_neko_kitsune on July 16th, 2011, 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
silver_neko_kitsune

Beta List

Postby silver_neko_kitsune » June 30th, 2011, 10:59 pm

Beta List

These following members have volunteered their time to help those who wish to have someone look over their story.
Contact us! We're always willing to help! ♥

Alastair
E-mail: alastairverre[at]gmail[dot]com
Max rating: 17+ (Limes are okay, no further action~)
Max length: 10,000 words

AnonymousSong
E-mail: KingdomHeartsCutie[at]gmail[dot]com
Max rating: Adult+
Max length: 10,000 +

Bleu Wales
E-mail: winnifredsemail[at]aol[dot]com
Max rating: 17+
Max length: 10,000 +

BunBunz
E-mail: happyberry117[at]hotmail[dot]com
Max rating: any
Max length: any (please give me at least 2 days to read and comment)

cigspiring
E-mail: cig-spiring [at] hotmail [dot] com
Max rating: Adult ++
Max length: Any

crazydominodragongirl
E-mail: crazydominodragongirl [at] yahoo
Max rating: Adult -- no lemon/lime.
Max length: 5000-10000, or you can send me longer and kick me to do it.

crazynekokitten
E-mail: crazy.lil.dork[at]gmail[dot]com
Max rating: Any

Dark Ceray
E-mail: renaxremy [at] hotmail [dot] com
Max rating: Adult
Max length: Any.

ElleBelle
E-mail: laurin2471[at]yahoo[dot]com
Max rating: All ratings.
Max length: Any length.

Fayloic
E-mail: fayloic [at] gmail [dot] com
Max length: Any length. ^_^

hieifireshadow
E-mail: hieifireshadow [at] yahoo [dot] com
Max length: Anything under 10000 words.
Additional Comments: My email checking is sparratic. Feel free to send me whatever you need beta'd, but you should probably send it to another person on the list, as well, to be safe.

Kay
E-mail: kira.kira.sakura [at] gmail
Max rating: 17+, no limes/lemons. I'm okay with yaoi/yuri and blood/gore though.
Max length: 10,000+, there is no limit, technically.

kikula
E-mail: k1kula [at] live [dot] com
Max length: Any length

Lyxari
E-mail: mew_zakuro_is_cool[at]yahoo[dot]com
Max rating: Adult+

Random Person
E-mail: blue.absinthe[at]yahoo[dot]com
Max rating: Any

Rouge Fugitive
E-mail: Rougefugitive[at]live[dot]com
Max length: 5000

RyuseiStreamGirl
E-mail: shoyru[dot]blue[at]gmail[dot]com
Max Rating: 17+
Max length: something that takes me a whole day to read

Shade
E-mail: ladyclona [at] aim [dot] com
Max rating: 17+ --- no lemons, limes, yaoi, or yuri, please

shadowsirenv
E-mail: rfriedman22@gmail.com
Max length: I'll pretty much read any length.
Last edited by silver_neko_kitsune on July 10th, 2011, 10:25 pm, edited 9 times in total.
silver_neko_kitsune

Round 2 Participant List

Postby silver_neko_kitsune » June 30th, 2011, 11:02 pm

Round 2 Participant List

A list of members who are participating in Round 2~

Username ☆ App ★ Fic

AlacraticAvariceAppFic
AlastairAppFic
anarchy in the ukAppFic
AnonymousSongAppFic
Black Wolf ShinzuAppFic
Bleu WalesAppFic
BunBunzAppFic
Celestial SakuraAppFic
ChellendoraAppFic
ChrysAppFic
cigspiringAppFic
crazydominodragongirlAppFic 1Fic 2Fic 3
crazynekokittenAppFic
Dark CerayAppFic
ElleBelleAppFic
FayloicAppFic
Fluorescent-XAppFic
hieifireshadowAppFic
KarenaWilliamsAppFic
Kawaii_ChanAppFicSpare
kikulaAppFic
KitsuchanApp ★ Fic
KomoriAppFic
Koneko MizukiAppFic
lilsoapspudzAppFic
Lucky107AppFic
LyxariAppFic
Miss ChocoboAppFic
Mrs_AnonymousAppFic
NyxHarlotAppFic
PenguiduckAppFic
perfect-to-stayAppFic
Purged of SinAppFicSpare
quintessence of lovelyAppFic
Raicho KurubiAppFic
Random PersonAppFic
Rouge FugitiveAppFic
RyuseiStreamGirlAppFic
ShadeAppFic
shadowsirenvAppFic
SiruruAppFic
StrawChanAppFic
Submissive IngenuityAppFic
ViViD EminenceApp ★ Fic

Legend
▽ 5,000+ words
ェ Extension
゚ In Queue
✖ Eliminated
Last edited by silver_neko_kitsune on July 25th, 2011, 6:42 pm, edited 29 times in total.
silver_neko_kitsune

Reminders

Postby silver_neko_kitsune » June 30th, 2011, 11:11 pm

Reminders

It is strongly recommended that each prompt have a different fandom so as to allow a variety of choices to the author (or spare) completing your request. Each writer is only required to completely one prompt out of three/four.

Assignments will be sent on July 11. Story posting will start on July 17. Please wait until July 16 to post your story, as the thread will be updated after July 11 with further instructions on how to post (so we can keep all the trades in one place).

Stories submitted to the queue will still be subject to Lunaescence's posting policy.

All trades with a range of 100-5000 words will be due by July 24.
Unanswered trades of under 5000 words will be assigned to spares by July 25.
All trades with a range of over 5000 words will be due by July 31.

Please remember to update us on the status of your trade (i.e. whether you will need an extension or if your trade will be over 5000 words) before July 25, or else the prompts you have been put in charge of will be sent to a spare.

If all goes well, the anticipated start of Fic Trade Summer 2011 -- Round Three's registration will be August 1st.

This is the Registration Thread for Summer 2011 -- Round Two.
Any other questions you have about the fic trade is to be asked on the Q&A thread.
For any comments or suggestions, or if you're just looking for a place to chat and hang around, the Discussion Thread is the place for you!

Looking for Summer 2011 -- Round One?
silver_neko_kitsune

Reserved

Postby silver_neko_kitsune » June 30th, 2011, 11:14 pm

Reserved post, in case we have anything more to say. ( ´・‿-) ~ ♥
silver_neko_kitsune

Registration Start!

Postby silver_neko_kitsune » June 30th, 2011, 11:19 pm

Ready your applications! Post in T-minus 3... 2... 1... 0!

Kay and I are really looking forward to this. Hope this round is even better than the last! :D
silver_neko_kitsune

Re: Fic Trade Summer 2011 - Round 2 - Registration Thread

Postby Shade » July 1st, 2011, 9:33 am

This is so much fun! I can't wait to see what happens this round. xD

Luna username: Shade
Contact e-mail: shade.2012 [at] live [dot] com

☆★ Prompts ★☆
Prompt #1: "You're hiding something, aren't you?" "Maybe~"
Pairing: Masaomi Kida X Reader
Fandom: Durarara!!
Length: 500-1000

Prompt #2: -Insert card game here- (i.e. Old Maid, Go Fish, Solitaire, War, anything played w/ standard card deck)
Pairing: Joey Wheeler (Jounichi Katsuya) X Reader
Fandom: Yu-Gi-Oh!
Length: 1000-5000

Prompt #3: Sometimes fixing a broken man is easy, and sometimes it's impossible
Pairing: Jean Havoc X Reader
Fandom: Fullmetal Alchemist
Max rating:17+

*If you're more comfortable writing OCs for above prompts, I don't mind. ^^*

Prompt #4: "You... aren't human, are you?"
Type: OC story
Length: 1000-5000

☆★ Personal Profile ★☆
Fandoms: Avatar: The Last Airbender, Black Cat, Bleach, D.Gray-Man, Durarara!!, Eureka Seven, Fruits Basket, Fullmetal Alchemist*, Harry Potter*, Infernal Devices (Clockwork Angel)**, Kuroshitsuji, Naruto*, Ouran High School Host Club*, Pokémon**, Twilight, Yu-Gi-Oh! ---> bold & more stars = more confident
What I will not write: lemon, lime, yaoi, yuri, mpreg, incest, AU

☆★ Extras ★☆
Spare: Yes
Beta: Yes

☆★ Beta ★☆
Public e-mail: ladyclona [at] aim [dot] com
Max rating you will read: 17+ --- no lemons, limes, yaoi, or yuri, please
Max length you will read: 5000
Last edited by Shade on July 1st, 2011, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shade

Postby Koneko Mizuki » July 1st, 2011, 11:07 am

Luna username: Koneko Mizuki
Contact e-mail: jlewczynski [at] comcast [dot] net

☆★ Prompts ★☆

Prompt #1: 108 Days
Pairing: Reader x Death the Kid
Fandom: Soul Eater

Prompt #2: God of Love
Pairing: Reader x Takizawa
Fandom: Eden of the East

Prompt #3: Infinite (10,000 Hours)
Pairing: Reader x Mugen
Fandom: Samurai Champloo
Length: 500-1000+

Prompt #4: L'esprit de l'escalier; A Story of Five Hours
Type: Reader x OC
Length: 500+

☆★ Personal Profile ★☆
Fandoms: Axis Powers Hetalia, Soul Eater, Ouran High School Host Club, Trigun, Samurai Champloo, Pokemon, Black Cat, Persona 4, Death Note, Eden of the East
Max rating: 17+, although I'll write Adult if I feel frisky.
Max length: ~3000+
What I will not write: Incest, rape, mpreg, yaoi/yuri, abuse, PWP

☆★ Extras ★☆
Spare: Yes
Beta: No
Last edited by Koneko Mizuki on July 2nd, 2011, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Writing is like driving at night in the fog. You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way."
-E.L. Doctorow

this username seems archaic now
Koneko Mizuki

Postby Lucky107 » July 1st, 2011, 11:39 am

Luna username: Lucky107
Contact e-mail: BKazooie [at] hotmail [dot] com

☆★ Prompts ★☆
Prompt #1: Team Deathmatch
Pairing: No Pairing
Fandom: Bus Gamer
Length: Whatever you're comfortable with ~

Prompt #2: Eden of the East
Pairing: Seto x Reader
Fandom: Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Max rating: 13+

Prompt #3: Married Men Taste Better
Pairing: Ozaki Toshio x Reader
Fandom: Shiki

Prompt #4: Do You Remember...
Type: Reader-insert or OC

☆★ Personal Profile ★☆
Fandoms: (going by Luna catagories) 07-Ghost, Angel Beats!, Ao no Exorcist, Baccano!, Bus Gamer, Dogs: Bullets and Carnage, Durarara!!, Heart no Kuni no Alice, Karneval, Kuroshitsuji, La Corda d'Oro, Loveless, Nabari no Ou, Pandora Hearts, Shiki, Shugo Chara, Starry Sky, Sukisho, Switch, Tegami Bachi, Gurren Lagann, Togainu no Chi, Tokyo Mew Mew, Vampire Knight, Working!!, Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon, Harvest Moon (Animal Parade/Tree of Tranquility, Sunshine Island, Friends of Mineral Town, A Wonderful Life, DS)
Max length: Probably 1000 - 5000, unless I REALLY get into it ;D
What I will not write: Ah, same as last time: no serious yaoi or yuri because I make it really awkward (though I can try my hand at shounen or shoujo ai), smut/lemons/limes/etc. because..., I can attempt fluff (though I can't promise anything decent) |D

☆★ Extras ★☆
Spare: Absolutely!
Beta: Sadly, I cannot D; (I can't even proof my OWN work, haha ~)
Last edited by Lucky107 on July 2nd, 2011, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's no time like the present.
Lucky107

Postby Chrys » July 1st, 2011, 12:16 pm

Luna username: Chrys
Contact e-mail: Kalahari_summers [at] hotmail [dot] com

☆★ Prompts ★☆
Prompt #1: I'm Not That Girl
Pairing: Snow/Reader (requited or unrequited, your choice)
Fandom: Final Fantasy XIII
Length: 500-1,000

Prompt #2: Safeguard
Pairing: Firion/Reader
Fandom: Final Fantasy Dissidia
Length: 1,000-5,000

Prompt #3: Downpour
Pairing: Sven/Reader
Fandom: Black Cat
Length: 1,000-5,000

Prompt #4: Oreo Cookies
Type: Reader insert
Length: 500-1,000

☆★ Personal Profile ★☆
Fandoms: Reborn, Kingdom Hearts CoM/II/BBS/1, Final Fantasy VII/DoC/AC/XII/XIII/Dissidia, NCIS, Criminal Minds, D.Gray-Man, Fullmetal Alchemist, Spirited Away, Fruits Basket, Black Cat, +Anima, Lucky Star, Ouran High School Host Club, 07-Ghost, Hetalia, Bleach, Code Geass
Max length: 5,000-10,000
What I will not write: Anything that's gorey and/or excessively sadistic like torture.

☆★ Extras ★☆
Spare: Yes.
Beta: No.
Also, it does not hurt my feelings if you go over the word limit. Heck, I like surprises like that. xD
Last edited by Chrys on July 9th, 2011, 2:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ⓢⓣⓞⓟ,
Ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ,
Ⓑⓡⓔⓐⓣⓗⓔ.
Chrys

Next

Return to Locker Room