Lunaescence Archives Community Center

For the Sake of Creative Writing

Fic Trade Summer 2011 - Round 1 - Registration Thread

OOC Discussions for forum games. Post your character bios, discuss 1000 word challenges, challenge each other to a game. It's all good.

Fic Trade Summer 2011 - Round 1 - Registration Thread

Postby kureyuki » June 1st, 2011, 12:13 am

☆ ★ Lunaescence Fic Trade Summer 2011 — Round 1 ★ ☆

UPDATES
07.01.2011 -- Registration for Round Two has now started! I hope just as many of you will join. :)

06.28.2011 -- Assignments to spares have been sent! Thanks to all those who managed to finish their story on time. :) Remember, the next due date is July 4 for spare assignments and stories that are over 5,000 words. Also, look out for Round 2! Coming your way on July 1st.

06.13.2011 -- Assignments have all been sent! Sorry for the delay, my Internet was dead yesterday. ): Posting instructions will be up sometime this week, before June 20th. We will send you an e-mail when they have been put up, but please, check the thread at least once a day for any updates. Thanks!

06.03.2011 -- Due to a valid point brought up by Penguiduck on the Discussion thread, all applications after that of NuitNoire's (post #37) will require a fourth prompt where the fandom and the pairing are left undefined (so that the writer can decide what he or she wants to make the story about). The guidelines and the application form have been updated to accommodate this change. Thank you for your understanding!

06.01.2011 -- Registration for Summer Round 1 is officially open! Registration closes on June 12 at 12:00A.M. EST (GMT-5). Hope you guys are as excited for this as we are! ♥

What is fic trade?
Ever wanted to feel all fuzzy inside when someone wrote for you? Ever had an idea you wanted to write, but weren't able to do it yourself? Well then, you should enter Luna's Summer 2011 Fic Trade! Fic Trade is similar to Secret Santa (except it's not Christmas and definitely not snowing right now unless if you're below the equator), where you suggest three prompts and someone will answer your request! Similar to Secret Santa, you won't know who is answering your request until they have posted the story.

Who is organizing it?
silver_neko_kitsune and Kay (forum: kureyuki) are the moderators in charge of this current round. They will be the ones responsible for distributing the request assignments after registration finishes on June 11th. However, any mod can look over any stories related to Fic Trade that has to go through queue. Lunaescence's posting policy still applies.
Last edited by kureyuki on July 1st, 2011, 7:23 am, edited 11 times in total.
kureyuki

Guidelines

Postby kureyuki » June 1st, 2011, 12:16 am

Guidelines

Prompts
List four ideas/plots that you would like to be written. Please include the pairing and fandom the prompt is related to, the max rating, and the max length of the fic you would like to receive for the first three prompts. Please try to vary the fandoms of the prompts (i.e. a different fandom for each prompt) so as to allow a variety of choices for the writer completing your prompt. The fourth prompt will not have a pairing or fandom associated with it so that the writer can decide what he or she wants to make the story about, whether it be an original story or one associated with a fandom the writer is more familiar with. Please indicate whether you would like it to be a reader-insert or an OC story. The author is only required to fill one prompt out of four.

Max Rating
Choose from All, Youth, 13+, 17+, Adult, Adult+.

Length
This is a range. Choose from 100-500, 500-1000, 1000-5000, 5000-10 000, 10 000+ words.

Spares
Signing up as a spare means that you will be responsible for filling out unanswered trades after the posting deadline has past. You will be put on the spares list and be contacted if there are any unanswered trades. Delegation of unanswered trades will be at random and spares will be responsible for completing it, regardless of whether they have any experience with the fandoms listed or not. We will try our best to delegate prompts to spares that are relevant to their interests (which is why we ask everyone to vary the fandoms of their prompts!). Spares will not be required to write anything over 1000 words, regardless of the length requested, unless if they chose to do so.

Betas
Signing up as a beta means that your beta profile will be posted in the Beta section of the thread. Participants will be allowed to contact you if they would like their story beta'd before they post their story. Anyone can sign up as a beta. Validated authors are strongly encouraged to sign up.
Last edited by kureyuki on June 13th, 2011, 7:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
kureyuki

Round 1 Timeline

Postby kureyuki » June 1st, 2011, 12:19 am

Round 1 Timeline

June 1 -- Registration starts.
June 11 -- Registration closes.
June 13 -- Assignments sent.
June 20 -- Posting starts.
June 27 -- All fics (besides 5,000-10,000+) due.
June 28 -- Unanswered trades will be sent to spares.
July 4 -- Spares due, 5,000-20,000+ fics due.
Last edited by kureyuki on June 13th, 2011, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kureyuki

Application Form

Postby kureyuki » June 1st, 2011, 12:21 am

Application Form

Please copy and paste this form in your reply and fill out the necessary fields.
Refer to the Guidelines section of the thread for definitions. Thank you!

Code: Select all
[b]Luna username:[/b]
[b]Contact e-mail:[/b] (if you are uncomfortable with posting your contact info publically, PM it to silver_neko_kitsune or kureyuki on the forums.)

☆★ Prompts ★☆ [i](Include idea, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words.  Indicate fandom and pairing for first three prompts and indicate whether the fourth prompt be a reader-insert or an OC story.)[/i]
[b]Prompt #1:[/b]
[i]Pairing:[/i]
[i]Fandom:[/i]
[i]Max rating:[/i]
[i]Length:[/i]

[b]Prompt #2:[/b]

[b]Prompt #3:[/b]

[b]Prompt #4:[/b]
[i]Type:[/i] (reader-insert or OC story)

☆★ Personal Profile ★☆
[b]Fandoms:[/b] (list a minimum of 5 fandoms you will write for)
[b]Max rating:[/b] (list max rating you will write)
[b]Max length:[/b] (list max length you will write)
[b]What I will not write:[/b]

☆★ Extras ★☆
[b]Spare:[/b] (Yes/No)
[b]Beta:[/b] (Yes/No) (If not, omit Beta section.)

☆★ Beta ★☆
[b]Public e-mail:[/b]
[b]Max rating you will read:[/b]
[b]Max length you will read:[/b]
Last edited by kureyuki on June 3rd, 2011, 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kureyuki

Reminders

Postby kureyuki » June 1st, 2011, 12:25 am

Reminders

It is strongly recommended that each prompt have a different fandom so as to allow a variety of choices to the author (or spare) completing your request. Each writer is only required to completely one prompt out of three/four.

Assignments will be sent on June 13. Story posting will start on June 20. Please wait until June 19 to post your story, as the thread will be updated after June 13 with further instructions on how to post (so we can keep all the trades in one place).

Stories submitted to the queue will still be subject to Lunaescence's posting policy.

All trades with a range of 100-5000 words will be due by June 27.
Unanswered trades of under 5000 words will be assigned to spares by June 28.
All trades with a range of over 5000 words will be due by July 4.

If all goes well, the anticipated start of Fic Trade Summer 2011 -- Round Two's registration will be July 1st.

This is the Registration Thread for Summer 2011 -- Round One.
Any other questions you have about the fic trade is to be asked on the Q&A thread.
For any comments or suggestions, or if you're just looking for a place to chat and hang around, the Discussion Thread is the place for you!
Last edited by kureyuki on June 13th, 2011, 6:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
kureyuki

Beta List

Postby kureyuki » June 1st, 2011, 12:28 am

Beta List

These following members have volunteered their time to help those who wish to have someone look over their story.
Contact us! We're always willing to help! ♥

Alastair
E-mail: alastairverre@gmail.com
Max rating: 17+ (Limes are okay, no further action~)
Max length: 1,000-5,000

Bleu Wales
E-mail: winnifredsemail@aol.com
Max rating: 17+
Max length: n/a (I'll read it no matter the length! >D)

cigspiring
E-mail: cig-spiring@hotmail.com
Max length: 10 000+ words

Cordeux
E-mail: cordeux at gmail dot com
Max rating: Any
Max length: Any

crazydominodragongirl
E-mail: crazydominodragongirl [at] yahoo
Max rating: Adult -- No lemon/lime.
Max length: 5000-10000 if you want it done in a reasonable timeframe, though you can send me longer and kick me incessantly until I stop being lazy and read.

crazynekokiten
E-mail: crazy.lil.dork@gmail.com
Max length: Any.

DragonSilk
E-mail: roseus.cynicus at gmail.com
Max rating: Adult
Max length: 10,000+ (Eh, my finals are done after the 7th and I'll have nothing to do anyway.)

Esamonia
E-mail: esamonia@googlemail.com
Max length: +10,000 (No specific fandoms I won’t read for)

Fayloic
E-mail: fayloic@gmail.com
Max length: 10 000

hieifireshadow
E-mail: hieifireshadow [at] yahoo [dot] com
Max length: Anything under 10000 words.
Additional Comments: Just so anyone who picks me as a beta knows, I don't check my email every day. But now that I know that I could be chosen as a beta, I'll check more often; and once I get a story to beta, I'll be on it all the freaking time. Eh, the point of this was just to say my email-checking is sparratic. xD

horror-zombie-gem
E-mail: vampire_knight_116@yahoo.com
Max length: 5000

Kay
E-mail: kira.kira,sakura [at] gmail
Max rating: 17+, no limes/lemons. I'm okay with yaoi/yuri and blood/gore though.
Max length: 10,000+, there is no limit, technically.

kikula
E-mail: k1kula@live.com
Max length: Any length

Kitsuchan
E-mail: Tsu_chanB@yahoo.com
Max rating: 17+ (No lemons please!)

Komori
E-mail: rahrahrahkitty@yahoo.ca

quiet_moon
E-mail: quiet_moon_Nyx@hotmail.com
Max length: 1000+

Random Person
E-mail: blue.absinthe@yahoo.com

RyuseiStreamGirl
E-mail: shoyru[dot]blue[at]gmail[dot]com
Max rating: 17+ (only if it's because of violence/swearing... I usually only read up to 13+)
Max length: As long as it's not freakishly long (aka a story that'll take me 5 hours to read), I'll read it.

Shade
E-mail: ladyclona@aim.com
Max rating: 17+ -- No Lemon, Lime, Yaoi, or Yuri.
Max length: 10,000

shadowsirenv
E-mail: rfriedman22@gmail.com
Max length: I'll pretty much read any length.

silver_neko_kitsune
E-mail: mao [dot] snk [at] gmail [dot] com
Max rating: Adult+
Max length: Max length? What's that? 5,000-10,000 is probably my upper limit for punctuality, though.

Vosska
E-mail: vosska@att.net
Max rating: Any rating
Max length: Any length

xXxKpanicOxXx
E-mail: kittycat526@optonline.net
Max rating: Adult+
Max length: 10,000+
Last edited by kureyuki on June 13th, 2011, 3:23 pm, edited 9 times in total.
kureyuki

Round 1 Participant List

Postby kureyuki » June 1st, 2011, 12:31 am

Round 1 Participant List

A list of members who are participating in Round 1, just so we can track you guys down. Just kidding! ♥

AlacraticAvariceAppFic
AlastairAppFic
Bleu WalesAppFic 1Fic 2
BluewatersAppFic
BunBunzAppFic
ChellendoraAppFic
CherezsaAppFic
ChrysAppFic
cigspiringAppFic
CordeuxApp ★ Fic
crazydominodragongirlAppFicSpare
crazynekokittenAppFic
DragonSilkAppFicSpare
EsamoniaApp ★ Fic
FayloicAppFicSpare
full-stopAppFic
hieifireshadowAppFic
horror-zombie-gemApp ★ Fic
KarenaWilliamsAppFic
KayAppFic
kikulaAppFic
KitsuchanAppFic
KomoriAppFic
Koneko MizukiAppFic
lilsoapspudzAppFic
Lucky107AppFicSpare
Miss ChocoboAppFic
NuitNoireApp ★ Fic
NyxHarlotAppFic
PenguiduckAppFic
Pepe Le PewAppFic
petite gateauAppFic
Purged of SinAppFic
quiet_moonApp ★ Fic
Random PersonAppFic
RyuseiStreamGirlAppFic
ShadeAppFic
shadowsirenvAppFic
silver_neko_kitsuneApp ★ Fic
Submissive IngenuityAppFic
TofuFishyApp ★ Fic
TwilightEmpressAppFic
VallyAppFic
ViViD EminenceAppFic
VosskaAppFic
xXxKpanicOxXxApp ★ Fic

Legend
▽ 5,000+ words
ェ Extension
゚ In Queue
✖ Eliminated
Last edited by kureyuki on July 25th, 2011, 6:37 pm, edited 32 times in total.
kureyuki

Posting Guidelines

Postby kureyuki » June 1st, 2011, 12:33 am

Posting Guidelines

The following are posting guidelines for Round 1 of the Lunaescence Summer 2011 Fic Trade. They're a little bit long and might be a little confusing, as this is our first time holding a Fic Trade (we're still working out the kinks!), so please be sure to read this carefully. Thank you for your patience! :D

1. Write for your prompt! Do it! :)

2. On June 20th, you may begin submitting stories to the queue, or, if you are a validated author, posting on Lunaescence directly.

3. In the summary of the story, mention the prompt and for whom it was written. (Optional, but recommended.)

4. Once your story has been validated, post in this thread with the following form completed:

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Story URL:[/b]
[b]Written for:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

5. All fics under 5,000-10,000 words are due on June 27th.
Unanswered trades will be sent to spares on June 28th.
All fics (those from spares and those that are 5,000+ words long) are due on July 4th. This deadline also applies to fics that exceed 5,000 words but had a prompt requesting a shorter length.

6. This step applies only to people who are doing stories over 5,000 words long. You must post in this thread by June 27th, reminding us that you are writing a longer story. Be careful not to reveal the identity of the person you are writing for when you are making this post- you want your fic to be a surprise!

This step is simply a measure to ensure that we do not accidentally send your prompt to a spare. When you do finish up your fic and get it validated, please remember to do Step 4.

7. If you are not able to make your deadline, please notify either Kay or silver_neko_kitsune! You may do so by email, in this thread, or in the discussion thread. If you do not do this, then your prompt will be sent to a spare.

8. Once your form (Step 4) has been received, your story will be added to the series Lunaescence Fic Trade - Round 1.
Last edited by kureyuki on June 19th, 2011, 4:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kureyuki

Reserved

Postby kureyuki » June 1st, 2011, 12:37 am

Reserved post, in case we have anything more to say. ( ´・‿-) ~ ♥
kureyuki

Registration Start!

Postby kureyuki » June 1st, 2011, 12:40 am

Get ready to post your application form in 3... 2... 1...!!

Mao and I are looking forward to working with all of you guys! ♥
Let's make this fun for everyone! :D (I mean, who doesn't love giftfics?)
kureyuki

Re: Fic Trade Summer 2011 - Round 1 - Registration Thread

Postby Quiet_moon » June 1st, 2011, 4:15 am

Finally A reason to stay indoors all summer~~ = w = :happydance:

Luna username: quiet_moon
Contact e-mail: penaranda.d@live.com

☆★ Prompts ★☆ (include idea, pairing, fandom, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words.)
Prompt #1: Sharing is Caring
Pairing: Hibari Kyoya X Reader
Fandom: Katekyo Hitman REBORN!
Length: 500-1000

Prompt #2: Kool aid
Pairing: Roxas xReader
Fandom: Kingdom Hearts
Max rating: 13+
Length: 100-500

Prompt #3: Dance like no one is watching
Pairing: Nero x Reader
Fandom: Devil May Cry

☆★ Personal Profile ★☆
Fandoms: Devil May Cry, KHR, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy 7, Digimon, Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, Eureka 7, Death note, FMA, Code Geass, Vampire Knight, Nabari no Ou, Fruits Basket, D.Gray-man, APH, The World Ends With You, Ouran High school Host Club, Pretear (pretty much anything you ask).
Max length: No such thing...
What I will not write: Yuri (I just can't write it...)

☆★ Extras ★☆
Spare: (Yes)
Beta: (Yes)

☆★ Beta ★☆
Public e-mail: quiet_moon_Nyx@hotmail.com
Max rating you will read: Adult
Max length you will read: 1000+
Last edited by Quiet_moon on June 13th, 2011, 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The average woman would rather have beaty than brains because the average man can see better than he can think.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Quiet_moon

Postby crazydominodragongirl » June 1st, 2011, 4:45 am

so loooong. |D look, this is me sneakily making someone else write fic based on that picture.

Luna username: crazydominodragongirl
Contact e-mail: You have it. XD

☆★ Prompts ★☆ (include idea, pairing, fandom, max rating, and length for each; at least one prompt must have a length of 100-500 or 500-1000 words.)
Prompt #1: Flight/paper airplanes. Um, really, something inspired by the picture of eleven-year-old Yukimura in one of the recent volume releases. translation of Konomi's notes on the picture here, and there's a link to a Japanese blog that has parts of the picture in question. now with really lq photo of that page because I don't want to damage the binding on my volume by scanning it.
Pairing: Yukimura/You
Fandom: Prince of Tennis
Length: 1,000-5,000

Prompt #2: World Is Mine
Pairing: Ed/You
Fandom: FullMetal Alchemist

Prompt #3: Friendly fire
Pairing: Naoto/You (lalala I changed my mind AGAIN~)
Fandom: Persona 4

☆★ Personal Profile ★☆
Fandoms: ...I. A lot. :x I'm familiar with a lot of fandoms. WILL CONTINUALLY UPDATE THIS AS PEOPLE ASK FOR NEW ONES, BUT DOES INCLUDE: Prince of Tennis, D.Gray-Man, Hetalia, FullMetal Alchemist, Kingdom Hearts, FFVII/IX/X/XIII and most others besides (VIII and XII are maybe), Reborn!, Tales of the Abyss/Symphonia, Durarara!!, Gundam Wing, Pokemon, Persona 3/4, Hakuouki, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Kuroshitsuji (maybe, and then only season one), Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei, Trigun (maybe), Howl's Moving Castle, Harry Potter, Gundam 00, Yu Yu Hakusho (maybe, depending on the character), Wolf's Rain... it's probably easier to ask for what I won't write for. (ftr: Bleach, One Piece, Death Note, DMC, among the most popular fandoms)
Max rating: (list max rating you will write) Adult
Max length: (list max length you will write) HAHAHA WHAT'S A MAX LENGTH. ;_; sob. (anyone want a NaNo for their prompt?)
What I will not write: Lemon, most lime, OOC... can't think of anything else?

☆★ Extras ★☆
Spare: (Yes/No) If I have time after I inevitably end up writing a NaNo for someone, sure.
Beta: (Yes/No) (If not, omit Beta section.) Yes?

☆★ Beta ★☆
Public e-mail: crazydominodragongirl [at] yahoo
Max rating you will read: Adult -- see above about no lemon/lime.
Max length you will read: 5000-10000 if you want it done in a reasonable timeframe, though you can send me longer and kick me incessantly until I stop being lazy and read.
Icon usually made by me. crazydominodragongirl = DG. Just call me that; it's shorter and easier to type. Don't wait for permission or anything.

~nyaful?~
crazydominodragongirl

Postby Esamonia » June 1st, 2011, 7:46 am

Let's see, I should have this right.

Luna username: Esamonia
Contact e-mail: esamonia@googlemail.com

☆★ Prompts ★☆
Prompt #1: So long.
Pairing: Tenth Doctor/Reader
Fandom: Doctor Who

Prompt #2: Of boats and pillows
Pairing: Gibbs/Reader
Fandom: NCIS

Prompt #3: The Edge of Unreasonable
Pairing: Dante/Reader
Fandom: Devil May Cry

☆★ Personal Profile ★☆
Fandoms: Doctor Who, Supernatural, Final Fantasy (VII, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, VIII, IX, X, XII), NCIS, Criminal Minds, Sanctuary, Devil May Cry... that’s it, I think.
Max length: 2000
What I will not write: Lemons, Incest.

☆★ Extras ★☆
Spare: Yes
Beta: Yes

☆★ Beta ★☆
[b]Public e-mail: esamonia@googlemail.com
[b]Max rating you will read: Adult
[b]Max length you will read: +10,000 (No specific fandoms I won’t read for)
Esamonia

Postby Deleted User 605 » June 1st, 2011, 10:06 am

Luna username: TwilightEmpress
Contact e-mail: Sent to silver_neko_kitsune!

Prompt #1: Simplicity is Mystery
Pairing: Squall Leonhart/ Reader
Fandom: Final Fantasy VIII

Prompt #2: Not So Tough
Pairing: Zero Kiryu/ Reader
Fandom: Vampire Knight
Max rating: 17+ (I want fluff though)

Prompt #3: You're Cute but I'm Cuter
Pairing: Shishiwakamaru/ Reader
Fandom: Yu Yu Hakusho
Max rating: 17+ (Flufff~ please :3)
Length: 1000-5000

☆★ Personal Profile ★☆
Fandoms: Kingdom Hearts; Final Fantasy (VII, VIII, IX, X, XII (limited)), Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Vampire Knight (shaky on that), Yu Yu Hakusho
Max length: 5000
What I will not write: Anything with extremely dark or morbid theme, especially in the Mature department. I can handle writing fight scenes and whatnot but when they get particularly explicit, that's when I draw the line. Nor will I write Incest or pairings with large age gaps. No Yuri or Yaoi either. Nothing against it! I just...don't have practice writing that. ^^U

☆★ Extras ★☆
Beta: No
Deleted User 605

Postby AlacraticAvarice » June 1st, 2011, 11:01 am

Luna username: AlacraticAvarice
Contact e-mail: alacraticavarice@gmail.com

Prompt #1: So You Wanna Be a Hero, Kid?
Pairing: Alfred F. Jones/Reader
Fandom: Axis Powers Hetalia
Length: 1,000-5,000

Prompt #2: Speak Now (Or Forever Hold your Peace)
Pairing: Ryohei Sasagawa/Reader
Fandom: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Length: 500-1,000

Prompt #3: Can you Captain?
Pairing: Monkey D. Luffy/Reader
Fandom: One Piece
Length: 500-1,000

☆★ Personal Profile ★☆
Fandoms: (list a minimum of 5 fandoms you will write for) I can write for several fandoms. Some are Axis Powers Hetalia, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, One Piece, Soul Eater, Ouran High School Host Club, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Durarara!
Max rating: (list max rating you will write) 17+
Max length: (list max length you will write) Probably around 3,000 words.
What I will not write: OOC, Gore, Mystery, and real people. Even if they're fictional, no flesh and blood.

☆★ Extras ★☆
Beta: No
Last edited by AlacraticAvarice on June 4th, 2011, 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will kick reason to the curb as I eat pasta with my dying will!

But I may or may not get lost on the road of life along the way.
AlacraticAvarice

Next

Return to Locker Room